Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scratch

AM21 - Assistant Manager for FMM21 (Android) - Beta Version 0.1.5


6 Screenshots

This is a scouting app for FMM21 (Android), letting you:

  • See the CA, PA, hidden attributes etc for any player
  • Search for players by many parameters (CA, PA, Age, position, foot, name, club, some hidden attributes etc). 
  • Export the current view of players to a FMM shortlist so you can import them into your FMM shortlist 

NOTE: This will only work with FMM21, it will NOT work with FMM22 when it comes

I plan to release a new app called AM22 (for FMM22). This will be released on Google Play and will not be free

The AM21 version is released for free because a) FMM22 is almost here and also b) this is the first publicly released version and a little rough around the edges!

If you find any problems with the app, please post them below. That said, I may not be able to fix them in this version (AM21), because <technical reason>

Spoiler

Alright, if you're interested...

I need to update my development environment to add some new features that I can't do with the old dev environment. AM21 won't work once I do that, I won't even be able to build the AM21 app anymore.

So basically: new features won't work with old dev environment, AM21 won't work with new dev environment...

This also means AM22 might take some time to release.

There will only be an Android version in the short term. Longer term I'd like to be able to do an iOS version, or at least a web version if that's not possible.

 

Here's an overview of the app:

 

The app shouldn't cause any problems, but it is an "use at your own risk" app.

Have fun! :D

Though remember using this app is against the rules of the challenges here on Vibe if you're doing one of them.

 



What's New in Version 0.1.5

Released

v0.1.5 (15 November 2021):

  • Various fixes so save file with Chinese characters in manager name and club names will work properly

User Feedback

Recommended Comments



It doesn't work for me. Stuck in loading save files. Already search the save file manually but still loading. I wait until 10 minutes

Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, R1CK said:

It doesn't work for me. Stuck in loading save files. Already search the save file manually but still loading. I wait until 10 minutes

It shouldn't take that long at all, maybe 10 to 30 seconds or something. 

I've had a few people who can load saves no problem, but one other person who can load some save files, but has one in particular that just says it's loading and never loads. He's shared it with me and I'm looking into it.

I might be the same thing that's happening for you, or it could be something different, so if there's anyway you can share that save with my that would be great! Can you maybe share it via google drive or dropbox or a share file site? Or maybe it might even upload here (not sure about file limits here).

Anyway, I'll try to work out the problem and fix it. Might not be tonight though (it's coming up to midnight here).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@R1CK No idea if this is what's happening for you, but in the other's person's save, it's falling over when trying to process the club name for a player called James Weir - the name of the club in the database being:

Quote

Futbalový Klub Pohronie Žiar nad Hronom Dolná Å

Yeah... My app was trying to turn the special characters into more readable ones, but it choked on one of those. I've worked out a way around it and will upload new version (0.1.1) shortly.

It might not be that for you, it might be something entirely different. So you can try to the new version and see if it helps, but if not, then if you can get me the save file, I can work out what's going wrong for you (it will probably be something similar). Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scratch said:

@R1CK No idea if this is what's happening for you, but in the other's person's save, it's falling over when trying to process the club name for a player called James Weir - the name of the club in the database being:

Yeah... My app was trying to turn the special characters into more readable ones, but it choked on one of those. I've worked out a way around it and will upload new version (0.1.1) shortly.

It might not be that for you, it might be something entirely different. So you can try to the new version and see if it helps, but if not, then if you can get me the save file, I can work out what's going wrong for you (it will probably be something similar). Thanks!

 

7 hours ago, Scratch said:

Looks like I can't update the post above with the latest version, so I'll put it here for now:

AM21-v0.1.1.apk 17.32 MB · 10 downloads

Hi @Scratch, this file you uploaded works for me! Many thanks before.

the other version (0.1.0) did not work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, R1CK said:

 

Hi @Scratch, this file you uploaded works for me! Many thanks before.

the other version (0.1.0) did not work.

Excellent, great to hear! 

Also, I got help from the site admins and have now updated the big green download button so the latest version is provided.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DIRECTFX said:

Congrats bro on finally getting the app out . Even though can’t use it (IOS) good to see you finished a version 

Thanks mate! Took me long enough :D

Hopefully I will eventually get an iOS version out (or at least a web version).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just posting to let you know that it works on my old-ish phone.

I also won the CL with a teams whose strongest player has 145CA, apparently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lonfo said:

Just posting to let you know that it works on my old-ish phone.

I also won the CL with a teams whose strongest player has 145CA, apparently.

Thanks, glad to hear it works. Is it slow or anything with scrolling or in the search option section?

Yeah, one thing in my testing is that having high CA players is a bit overrated. A team of 140ish players can actually be one of the best in the world in many cases. And depending on the league, some players struggle to develop more than 140 / 150 anyway. 

Actually, I've said a few times that I'd probably prefer a 150-160PA striker for a 1KC over a 180PA striker. The higher PA striker will take a lot longer to full develop and while they may eventually be better, there will probably be a couple of years where the lower PA striker has already maxed out and is better attribute wise than the high PA one. And the lower PA one will recover from injuries faster too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ciupe18 said:

dont work 

What happens? Does it just hang on trying to open the save? Or something else? Did it ask you for permission to access the files?

And is there anyway you can send me the save file? Can you maybe share it via google drive or dropbox or a share file site? That will help me track down what's going wrong.

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 30/10/2021 at 04:18, Scratch said:

What happens? Does it just hang on trying to open the save? Or something else? Did it ask you for permission to access the files?

And is there anyway you can send me the save file? Can you maybe share it via google drive or dropbox or a share file site? That will help me track down what's going wrong.

Thanks!

well, i pick the save it says loading may take a few second and then nothing happen the message dissapear and nothing happen, yea it asked me for permission first time i opened the app, also i see after i try to load a save in the app scout the game reset like when i go to game again the credits shows up and im in the maim menu, i tried on 2 devices the app, here is my save file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1leEWn00qw01QfxztF6Wxj1Bw0Ln3HpTC/view?usp=drivesdk i hope you can see it

Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ciupe18 said:

well, i pick the save it says loading may take a few second and then nothing happen the message dissapear and nothing happen, yea it asked me for permission first time i opened the app, also i see after i try to load a save in the app scout the game reset like when i go to game again the credits shows up and im in the maim menu, i tried on 2 devices the app, here is my save file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1leEWn00qw01QfxztF6Wxj1Bw0Ln3HpTC/view?usp=drivesdk i hope you can see it

Thanks for the info.

Something like that was happening was happening with 0.1.0 - if a player at a certain club was loaded in the save it would fall over because it couldn't process the save file. I had to track it down and then fix it (in 0.1.1). It will likely be something similar and the save file should be able to help me work out what it's falling over on.

Thanks for the link to the save file - I don't have access to it, but I clicked the Request Permission link so you'll have an email from Google Drive asking you to give me permission to access it. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Ciupe18 - Thanks for the save, I've found the cause - not quite sure how to fix it yet, might take a couple of days to work something out.

Basically it's failing because your name isn't the last one in the list of names in the save file. There is a Cando and Vasconcelos after you. Not sure how they ended up there, never seen that before, it's normally the manager's name at the end of the list. The app relies on getting the last name and using that to find the names index and it can't find it so it's dying.

I'll work out another way to find the names index and post back here when I've solved it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Ciupe18 I think I've found a way around that particular issue, by using the manager's name from the save file description instead of the last name in the list of names. BUT...

The app then crashes when trying to look up the surname for this player:

image.thumb.png.676cede3b9087742cbdc7e6867170db1.png

That happens to be one of the two names appearing after the manager. So something very weird is happening with names in this save file. I'm guessing it might have something to do with the In Game Editor having been used. I know that moves stuff around in records, so maybe that's causing problems for my app. 

I'll continue to see if I can better protect against it outright crashing (maybe by setting the name to "Not Found" if it can't find it) and hope that work - but I might have to put a disclaimer that my app may not work if the In Game Editor has been used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scratch said:

@Ciupe18 I think I've found a way around that particular issue, by using the manager's name from the save file description instead of the last name in the list of names. BUT...

The app then crashes when trying to look up the surname for this player:

image.thumb.png.676cede3b9087742cbdc7e6867170db1.png

That happens to be one of the two names appearing after the manager. So something very weird is happening with names in this save file. I'm guessing it might have something to do with the In Game Editor having been used. I know that moves stuff around in records, so maybe that's causing problems for my app. 

I'll continue to see if I can better protect against it outright crashing (maybe by setting the name to "Not Found" if it can't find it) and hope that work - but I might have to put a disclaimer that my app may not work if the In Game Editor has been used.

well i changed vasconcelos and cando name, I shortened them

Link to comment
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Ciupe18 said:

well i changed vasconcelos and cando name, I shortened them

Ah, I know that frustration well! I really don't know why SIGames can't give some of those players reasonable names, makes it so hard to use them. Anyway that explains the problem.

First the bad news: I can't seem to work out how the edited names are linked to those players. Each player has a firstname, secondname and nickname code in their record that links to the actual names, but the codes for those edited ones aren't right, and I can't work out what SI Games have done there. So I don't think I can solve it (at least in the short term) and make it find the names.

The good news: I can at least make sure that it doesn't fall over. I've got it so the save will load and seems to work properly, just those two players have NoName for their surname now, ie:

Screenshot_20211101-223001.thumb.jpg.2a22c0e0a6b88f0e2c386dbe3e6c84b4.jpg

I know that's not great, but until I crack how SI Games stored edited names, it's the best I can do and should allow you to at least use the app.

I've got it working on my computer/phone, but need to tidy it up and upload it here. I'll leave another message here when it's up (probably shortly, but I might need to leave it until the morning, as it's getting late here). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Okay @Ciupe18 - the new version (0.1.2) has been uploaded - so if you download it again and install it, it will overwrite/update the previous version and it should work for you - but please let me know if you have any problem with it. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Scratch said:

 

Hi Scratch, sorry for my english. I hope you remember me from the Hex edition theme, I have been waiting for the release of your program for a very long time. And I am very glad that she came out. The program is just super!

I haven't fully tested it yet, but I noticed that the "Universalism" skill is missing in the hidden attributes.

What is the reason for this?

At first I thought that this hidden attribute was removed from FMM21, but then I checked - it is there!

The "Universalism" attribute in the save is between Leadership and Free Kicks. Watch this.

Below I will attach an example, on one I made the Universalism "01", and on the second "14" (in HEX mode).

Thanks for the program!

***

By the way, the latest version 0.1.2 does not work for me. Doesn't open save game. I had to uninstall and install the old version 0.1.1.

Screenshot_2021-11-02-10-30-15-752_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-02-10-28-33-159_com.sega.score.jpg

Edited by Rus7M
Link to comment
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Rus7M said:

Hi Scratch, sorry for my english. I hope you remember me from the Hex edition theme, I have been waiting for the release of your program for a very long time. And I am very glad that she came out. The program is just super!

I haven't fully tested it yet, but I noticed that the "Universalism" skill is missing in the hidden attributes.

What is the reason for this?

At first I thought that this hidden attribute was removed from FMM21, but then I checked - it is there!

The "Universalism" attribute in the save is between Leadership and Free Kicks. Watch this.

Below I will attach an example, on one I made the Universalism "01", and on the second "14" (in HEX mode).

Thanks for the program!

Screenshot_2021-11-02-10-30-15-752_com.sega.score.jpg

Screenshot_2021-11-02-10-28-33-159_com.sega.score.jpg

Hey mate! I certainly remember you. 🙂

I call that field 'Versatility' and I thought it was in there, but I just checked the code and it has a little comment saying "ToDo - not yet shown". I've actually got the data loaded, just haven't output it anywhere!

I was supposed to go through all those tiny comments and address them before I released it, but then I thought "better to get it out there rather than keep delaying it"! I'll add it in (in the next couple of days), but I'll admit I don't like that it will now mean one row with only 1 attribute instead of the nice even rows of 2. :D

The other attribute which is missing (just waiting for someone to notice) is Communication for GKs. I can't seem to find that one. I checked out @WalterWong's source code that he shared and he has a value for it (I forget right now where he gets it), but it doesn't seem to match Communication from my testing. So there could be some things like that I need to work out sometime in future. 

Also, the other thing I found from Walter's code was that the Height and Weight of players is actually in the database file - I never realised that! I didn't add it in so far, because it doesn't actually affect the game at all (Marc Vaughan is on record saying that's why FMM doesn't show it, Height is reflected in the player's starting Aerial, but not used after that, etc). But if people want it added, I could add it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rus7M said:

By the way, the latest version 0.1.2 does not work for me. Doesn't open save game. I had to uninstall and install the old version 0.1.1.

Hmm, maybe the changes I made to find the manager's name (used to find the name index) don't work on all saves... They did work on the other user's saves on mine though. Is there anyway you could share your save with me so I can check it out? 

Edit: I added the 0.1.1 APK back to the download link so people can choose which version (until I work out what the problem is). 

Edited by Scratch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...