Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 Amateur You Say?!?

Ashez

Alright lads?

Welcome to my first proper attempt at a save on IOS, as you may know i'm a semi decent PSP player and i aim to complete as many challenges as i can on FMH/i as its where i find my enjoyment. I've attempted many challenges over the past few months including Wonder Seasons, 1000 Goal Challenges, Pride Of Continents and Countries and even an Olympic inspired challenge to name a few so i decided to once again test myself by creating a new challenge for myself which will offer me a different experience compared to the rest and here is the challenge.

The Challenge:

Lead the only amateur club on the game to glory while treating the team as an amateur side.

Sounds rather simple doesn't it? Well the only amateur team on the game is Queens Park from Scotland who play in the third teir of Scottish football. This means i need to climb up two tiers and win the final one to complete my challenge.

I hear you asking me how do you play as an amateur club? Well i haven't came up with all the rules or ideas as yet so i'm looking for sugguestions so please don't be shy, the only rules i have in place so far are:

Rules - Will Be Updated As Need Be:

1. You can only sign free agents - No player can join on loan or for a transfer fee

2. No poaching of players with expiring contracts, the player has to be free from a contract.

3. First season salary cap of £250 pounds.

Like i said thats all i could come up with so anything you guys think of could be added.

The Journey Begins:

150px-Queens_Park_FC_logo.svg.png

Bollocks, i'll change it in a second, cheers for the heads up :)

Has anyone else got any other rules which would make this more realistic? If not i'll start updating in a min :)

I think the most important should concern to their wages, as amateur players don't get paid. But I don't know how the game handles it.

I doubt you'd be able to get players to play for £0 in game lol, i was thinking of adding some sort of wage cap but it'll be solid to enforce once you start climbing the leagues since the wage for players will keep rising as the club does.

I've had a long think and being planning this for a few weeks in truth, I was researching clubs with strange transfer rules like Bilboa's and Queens Park are the only in game team i could find.

Edit:

I'm just going to start posting now since i'm bored lol, but if anyone has any ideas i'll add them in and use them from when there posted, if there that game changing i'll just start again :)

Well, I would say you should cap salaries at £250 a week, and anyone who asks for a raise you should deny.

Yeah i like that idea, i'll have a nose through my players and see if thats a reasonable salary cap :)

Season 1:

When i decided i was going to start this career the first thing i did was re-read

SamHardy's guide to the Scottish third tier because i generally know nothing about Scottish football.

I scanned most of it in truth and only paid full attension to the section dedicated to my club, once i'd gathered some information on the team i took Sam's advice and decided to create a 4-3-3 formation to abuse the players i had in my squad.

My First Formation:

379811_Football_Manager_Team.jpg

Like i said i'm not up to date with the do's and don'ts on IOS as yet and i've never paid much attension to IOS formation threads so i have know idea how this formation will perform but on paper i was happy with it.

Once this was all aranged it was time to look for some players who were unable to keep there contracts at professinal league clubs.

Are you going to use the salary cap? ;)

I'm going to use it :)

Just means i'm about to start the save again because someone i signed is on 500 a week which is way too high lol.

Cheers lads :)

I duno how flexable i'll have to be with the wage cap, i'm going to try keep it as low as possible, 250 is fine for now since my heighest is currently 200 but if it'll be enough after promotion who knows, I guess i'll have to double my salary cap each promotion but we'll debate a solution once the time comes :)

So far the 3 strikers have been amazing :)

Season 1:

Once the formation was decided it was time to make some additions to the squad, but remember i'm only allowed to sign players who will accept under £250 p/w and are contract free.

Sky-Sports-Transfer-Center-800_2474516.jpg

Transfer Window:

Paul Currie (MRC) joined the club obviously on a free transfer. The 26 year old former Hamilton player joined the club and agreed a contract of £200 per week and in truth he is a great steal for the club.

_55043918_currie282.jpg

The next addition was 18 year old David Hopkirk (MC) who joined the club agreeing a contract of £130 per week, David will offer some squad depth while looking like he could become an important player over the seasons.

We also signed a young striker by the name of Jordan White, the former Dunfermline player joins the club after signing a low £60 a week deal.

I decided we also needed some youth and depth in defence so i had a scout around and discovered a young promising defender going by the name of Cammy MacDonald, the 21 year old looks like smart bussiness as the former Livingston trainee signs on a £110 per week contract.

106685_cammy_macdonald.jpg

The last signing was the young and promising Kieran Brennan, the 19 year old left back joins the club on a £80 per week deal which is outstanding since he is a former Celtic player. The board were especially happy about this signing and i'm sure he'll in my first team for years to come.

Aswell as these deals some players left the club on loan while noone was sold.

Club Information:

Financial State: Secure.

Transfer Budgest: £0

Wage Budget: £8,350 per week

Current Wage Total: £3,890 per week

Maximum Wage: £1,300 per week

Current Highest Wage: £200 per week

Cheers for following and please drop a comment, results will be coming your way soon

:)

Good luck with the save, it's going to be a challenge! Have you thought about trying to get homegrown players?

I think the most important should concern to their wages, as amateur players don't get paid. But I don't know how the game handles it.

Blargh; a lot of 'amateurs' do get paid; a load of people who train with me recently gained 'funding', others are 'sponsored'. All these mean they get paid but aren't classed as professional (no professionals are allowed at the club). There is always a way around not getting paid...

Blargh to you too. They can "get paid" in alternative ways, but they don't receive a formal salary to play football.

But as FMH doesn't support these alternative ways, then a salary is the closest your going to get.

I don't use blargh as an insult; otherwise I'd have insulted just about every person in the world :D

I lost the save but i've replayed it signing the same players so i'll update soon :)

I'm really not a fan of the way the IOS game saves its confusing :@, i've played three seperate careers saving them in different slots yet i keep loosing them :S

Season 1:

hampden-park-glasgow.jpg

July:

The Friendlies:

2 Jul 11 - Ross Country (A) - 3-2

9 Jul 11 - Largs Thistle (H) - 0-1

16 Jul 11 - Irvine Meadow (H) - 2-0

Some great results there and i'm extremely proud of our win away to Ross Country but the loss to Largs Thistle was a disapointing one.

Challenge Cup North:

23 Jul 11 - Alloa (H) - 4-0

A great win for the lads to progress in the cup :)

League Cup 1st Round:

30 Jul 11 - Morton (A) - 3-1

Extremely disapointed to have lost already in the league cup but at least we can focus on the league now.

August:

Third Division:

6 Aug 11 - East Stirlingshire (A) - 1-2

13 Aug 11 - Montrose (H) - 2-0

:)

A fantastic start to the league campaign

Challenge Cup 2nd Round:

16 Aug 11 - East Fife (H) - 2-1

Another great win which means we progress to the next round :)

Third Division:

20 Aug 11 - Peterhead (H) - 1-0

27 Aug 11 - Alloa (A) - 2-2

A decent finishes to the month and we're currently on fire only dropping points once, lets hope we keep this up :)

Damn, I really thought there was a team called Moron :D

So did i for a second but i decided to check it and it turns out i forgot the t lol...Such a shame haa

hey Ash,saw this today great career i hope you will make it through to Scottish PL.Also youre a tactic master in PSP but im low on iOS create some beast tactics for iOS we need you ;)

Season 1:

hampden-park-glasgow.jpg

September:

Challenge Cup Quater Final:

4 Sep 11 - Patrick Thistle (H) - 3-2

A great win which i'm extremely happy about bring on the semi finals!

Third Division:

10 Sep 11 - Annan (H) - 3-2

17 Sep 11 - Elgin City (A) - 2-1

24 Sep 11 - Clyde (H) - 7-1

Wow another fantastic undefeated month including the hammering of Clyde, on this form promotion looks a given!

October:

Challenge Cup Semi Final:

2 Oct 11 - Brechin (N) - p1-1

Have it!! First few months in charge of Queen's Park and i've already booked ourselfs our first final!

Third Division:

15 Oct 11 - Stranraer (H) - 5-0

Scottish Cup 2nd Round:

22 Oct 11 - Newtongrange (H) - 4-0

Third Division:

29 Oct 11 - East Stirlingshire - (H) - 5-0

Another brillient month whee we not only booked our first final we also dominated in the league!

November:

Third Division:

5 Nov 11 - montrose (A) - 3-3

12 Nov 11 - Peterhead (A) - 3-2

Challenge Cup Final:

20 Nov 11 - Falkirk (N) - 2-0

Queen's Park have won there first trophy under new manager Ashez with an amazing 2-0 win over top division side Falkirk!! Who told you we are amateurs? Pfft! Out of interest how does winning this cup rate? I've never heard of it before lol

009__034__trophies__ALBA_Challenge_Cup__1279884387_standard.jpg

Scottish Cup 3rd Round:

23 Nov 11 - Stirling Albion (H) - 4-0

26 Nov 11 - Alloa (H) - 4-2

Wow what a month for the club, we're on amazing form and have already claimed our first trophy on our journey!

December:

Third Division:

3 Dec 11 - Anna (A) - 0-2

10 Dec 11 - Elgin City (H) - 5-0

17 Dec 11 - Cylde (A) - 1-0

21 Dec 11 - Berwick (A) - 0-1

26 Dec 11 - Berwick (H) - 3-1

Decemember was an interesting month where we suffered two away defeats yet we bounced back and got great results the match after so moral is high, we're still undefeated at home in the league so hopefully we can carry on our amazing form :)