Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Euro 2012

Chelsea8

Hart poor? Wayout!

Game was crying out for Carroll, Welbeck and Young are too similar, while AOC didn't offer much and should have come off earlia but a draw is a fine result.

We looked solid at the back and decent in midfield (Gerrard led a fine example) but the front two didn't work for me.

You need more then pace at international level, young is good on the wing but not good enough in the centre and Welbeck isn't good enough for England or United imo.

I know a couple of people are going to get a bit angry with that but it's my opinion :D

I don't mind Young centeral but i don't think Welbeck and him is the way to go, maybe Young out to the wing with Carroll and Milner centered.

Only mistake that was in the game from England was the goal. And that wasn't even from Hart! That was the entire defence and Gerrard and Parker.

I thought AOC would have been more effective had France not been clipping him every time he was running forward.

At times there was some very shocking refereeing but was alright most it. And I do feel with the way England were playing would have been more of a game for Carroll than Welbeck.

Scott, welbeck is head and shoulders above the other options, held onto the ball well and did what he could with what he was given.

And he started the majority of our games and we finished with 89 points so he must be doing something right for us

If you're comparing ability I would say he is best out of choices. But if you want the goals then Defoe would have been the better option. But with the long ball technique that was played then you would have wanted the strength, power and height of Carroll.

I'm surprised Carroll never played considering the opposition and the tactics. Aoc off the bench with youngs crossing on the left and welbeck and Carroll in the middle would have caused more problems imo

Abiltiy wise Danny is head and shoulders. When Wayne is back Danny is head and shoulders. However the way we play at the minute he's wasted. At the same time, I thought he worked his socks off tonight.

I imagine the Ukraine game will see us play something like this

Milner-Parker-Gerrard-Young

Rooney

Welbeck

So Ashley goes onto the wing, I think he's a better option RIGHT NOW than Ox. Rooney goes into his United role, as does Danny. He needs another partner to compliment his style of play.

How can Danny be head and shoulders above the rest when we haven't seen Carroll in a major international match? I think Carroll will start on Friday but he was needed today.

Danny worked hard but it just didn't work for me, Defoe would have been a better option but for obvious reasons his head wont be in the game completely.

Well Holt out scored Welbeck this season so i guess it should be him playing by that logic. ,

The style we played seriously didn't suit Welbeck and if Carroll isn't given the chance we'll never know how well he does or who is better at international level.

Same with Defoe outscoring Welbeck this season...

And Holt would have been amazing to play today with the problems Rami and Mexes were having, he would have run rings round them leaving an opportunity for someone else to score!

IBRA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Ashez - holt out scored everyone bar Rooney

@ollie there are far more skilful players than torres taht got far more goals than him, yet I'm sure you're trying to justify Torres' inclusion

Welbeck is a far better player than either defoe or Carroll and he proved against Belgium how deadly he can be. He also works far harder than both of the others put together

I know that, hence why i said him when Rooney can't play and Defoe shouldn't due to his current mental state.

By going on league form Welbeck isn't the best, he was better than Carroll yes but massive differences in clubs performance, i'm sure its alot easier to score and look decent when your teams playing well.

@ollie there are far more skilful players than torres taht got far more goals than him, yet I'm sure you're trying to justify Torres' inclusion

Welbeck is a far better player than either defoe or Carroll and he proved against Belgium how deadly he can be. He also works far harder than both of the others put together

I'm sure your opinion has nothing to do with the club he plays for.

Holt got as many goals as Defoe did (in all competitions)

In the league Defoe played 10 less games than Holt and scored 4 less goals. So who knows what would have happened had Defoe played those extra 10 games.

Welbeck had one decent attempt against Belgium but he was playing as it was more of his game as the Belgian team are large and powerful which wouldn't work well aganist his speed and pace.

Against France it would have been better for Carroll to play as he is large and powerful and would have caused trouble for the centre backs.

Plus Welbeck played more of that match (Belgium) than Defoe and Carroll so we didn't get to see how they would have played against them in the same amount of time.

I don't know why you're talking about Torres right now when we are chatting about the England strikers. Besides, Torres played 15 minutes against Italy had one major chance and missed. RvP the top scorer in the PL, played a full 90 minutes against Denmark had a handful of chances and yet he failed to score.

No Torres hasn't had the best of seasons this year yet he still managed to make it into double figures in total for Chelsea and managed double figures in 10/11. So he isn't as prolific at the moment but is still scoring goals when it matters. In all competitions this season he scored 11 goals in 49 games at an underperforming Chelsea and Welbeck scored 12 goals in 40 games in one of the best seasons United have ever had.

EDIT: Ukraine make national history with their first ever win in the finals. All thanks to the goals of Andriy Shevchenko :wub: Once a blue always a blue :wub:

I can say the same to you

@Ollie - you proved my point by talking up Torres despite the options that were there and much better than him. And Welbeck is one of the reasons this season has gone so well ;)

I can say the same to you

@Ollie - you proved my point by talking up Torres despite the options that were there and much better than him. And Welbeck is one of the reasons this season has gone so well ;)

Nothing to do with who he plays for, United have got good players....he just isn't one of them.

Liverpool's team was based around Carroll. Downing was bought for service for the box and Adam was bought for set pieces. Yet Carroll was so bad he was dropped. defoe couldn't get into the spurs team. Yet Danny got into our team, "in one of the best seasons united have ever had" ahead of dimitar and chicharito who are both proven premier league goalscorers.

And when England go out to a technically superior team there will be the predictable complaints about the long ball strategy. Even during the "golden generation" with players such as Scholes and beckham Heskey, the long ball veteran, couldn't capitalise. So why not play your players who not only are the best, but play the best football and have a proven partnership in Wayne and Danny?

@Scott it is your opinion and you are genuinely the only ever person I have seen not to rate Danny.

Goodnight.

I'm not a fan of him either tbh. I don't see why Fergie chose him over Berb when last season Berb was your top scorer and in the United strikers this season he was 3rd best for goals to game behind Rooney and Javier. So why was someone who was recognised at Sunderland for scoring a goal against Chelsea getting ahead of the top scorer for United last year?

And I like how you ignored my comments on Welbeck and the others against Belgium and how you jumped straight to me 'talking up' Torres, when I was simply stating the facts of the past season because there was a slight chance he may have had a better season at Chelsea compared to United's ;)

Goodnight.

@Scott- I read through that link and I like how all but two people defending Welbeck were United supporters :lol:

I think Welbeck is better then Sturridge :D

What, this made me cry. If you watched all our games before Christmas he was our best player. Yes he does have a few tweaks to make like learning how to pass/cross close to the goal. But he was brought up and trained a striker so he was taught that. His finish against Sunderland was one of the most redicilous and confident finishes I have ever seen.

Why he was not included in the England squad is beyond me. Players chosen over him. First Stewart Downing £20 million pounds, no goals, no assists I really don't need to include much more than that. Ox, first let me state I am a huge fan of Ox and in 3-5 years I have no doubt he will be one of the best if not the best winger on the prem. Right now he's just not there. Walcott, Speed f**k all else. States he wants to be Arsenal's striker goes out and gives a smelly to Rvp. No not for me, when as stated above Sturridge drops confidence and would have tucked it away.

I'll take Sturridge over Welbeck any day. If you ask me he should start ahead of Torres next season.

Goodnight