Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic 2012 Olympics

Jayze

Just realized that I once trained with the 400m runners when i went for the Brunei atheletes training. Only once cause i was too lazy to go everyday. They're really good. Hope they can do well in the Olympics!

Wait...49 seconds for the 400m? I did 60 seconds for 400m in training for 1500m events so I wouldn't say that's amazing ;)

I've been training at the same time as the Trinidad and Tobego squad, fair play to them now the weathers warmed up they're doing much faster sessions.

ive done the 100m in 9.26 seconds!

Obviously i have not :L I think 14/15 seconds is my best! im rather slow at athletics but when i play football im fast on the wing :L

I think I got around 11.52ish :) has anybody ever done the bleep test? I got to about level 15.5 and almost fell over from it and almost fainted :L

I've done the bleep test, did at my old football club. I got to level 14 of something :P Same here Hodge, nearly fainted too.

I've done it a few times. The first time we were only like 11 so they wouldn't let us go past Level 12 and there were quite a few of us left to go. The next time when I was 14 I got to Level 14.

Haven't done bleep test since 3 years before I started training (when I got 9.2 at 12). I've never done a 100m race, but in a 200m session I did the first 100m comfortably in 13 seconds before being told to slow down (we were meant to be pacing at 29 second intervals, not 26 seconds <_<). But I'm not a 100m runner so probably couldn't do much faster than 12 seconds.

I see the first world records in the Olympics have been broken :D I reckon that Rudisha should smash the 800m record.

Yeah I did the Level 14 at 14 in the army cadets so we were expected to be fit and I was. But I soon quit and its been downhill since there. Now i'm unfit haha

I have to admit at first I thought it was awful, but after watching it a bit more I realized it epicness! :D

They just said Hulk is from Mexico :lol:.

I found it rather boring in general, with a few good moments. I must admit that it's hard to follow Beijing.

I thought at the beginning with all the slave stuff was pretty poor. But as the night went on i thought it just turned amazing!! Glad Redgrave light the Cauldron :) he deserved it, hes one of the greatest olympians ever. I thought Beackham would do it :L

I thought at the beginning with all the slave stuff was pretty poor. But as the night went on i thought it just turned amazing!! Glad Redgrave light the Cauldron :) he deserved it, hes one of the greatest olympians ever. I thought Beackham would do it :L

Completely agree with everything put here (Y)

It was probably harder to follow if you didn't know about English history.

That was not the case. I actually really enjoyed the industrial revolution part, with the chimneys rising. But the fairy-tales part was rather dull (except by all Mary poppins!) and the music history one was also quite a drag (IMO).

But I just loved Mr Bean :D

I loved the opening ceremony from beginning to the end. The history of britain from industrial to technological, from poor to rich and just awesomeness of Danny Boyle. I much preferred it to beijing

I bet that none of you knew that I live less than 30 seconds from where Danny Boyle grew up. Just shows, only the best people come from Radcliffe haha

And there wasn't any slave stuff was there? I saw agriculture change to industrial change to technology and then it finished. I think everything lasted long enough apart from the first 20mins which they could have scratched about 15 minutes off.

You have to admit that it would take something pretty spectacular to beat that. CGI < Voldemort haha.