Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic 2012 Olympics

Jayze

Great work by the track cyclists yesterday, shame that Pendleton was elbowed yesterday as that ruined the race but we still have more gold medals than any other country has medals put together there. Amazing watching the triathletes, I'm definitely going to have to try one now (after improving my swimming <_< ).

If you're talking about sports, for my age I'm number one in Wales at steeplechase ;)

Very surreal night yesterday for me personally. The pure chaos at Piccadilly Gardens and St Peters Square with people not having a clue how to get to OT was hilarious. It never really clicked to me that people wouldn't usually come to OT. Whereas I just swanned on through knowing exactly where I was going. Checks were nothing more than Wembley so it wasn't too bad. The atmosphere was bizarre as. I didn't like how much of a carnival OT had become! :lol: It was a good game and I think Korea deserved atleast a goal. They should have had a blatant penalty.

Dec what were you impressions of Manchester, and OT? Were you in the quad Korea were attacking first or Second half?

Manchester is a shit hole and the things outside Old Trafford are really cheap compared to Stamford Bridge, the ground wasn't bad itself though just no room to move in your seats.

I was in the corner opposite the screen that Korea were attacking in the first half.

Manchester is a shit hole and the things outside Old Trafford are really cheap compared to Stamford Bridge, the ground wasn't bad itself though just no room to move in your seats.

I was in the corner opposite the screen that Korea were attacking in the first half.

Meh. What part of town did you go into? It's not all a dump. Salford and around the canal are very nice parts.

It's a different type of environment isn't it! Posh part of London n'all that! We have a Harry Ramsdens and KFC! ;)

The Legroom has got worse and worse as the years have gone on at OT. Much easier to stand up nowadays.

What did you think of the famous Matt Busby way? :D

We just went around the ground, not that nice from what I saw.

All them fish and chip shops too, you can tell the difference.

Very crowded to be honest, even more so when leaving.

Considering she was world champion that is not as impressive...

On the other hand Nicola Adams came in against the world champ of her weight class and ended up winning becoming the first ever female boxer to win an Olympic gold medal ;)

Considering she was world champion that is not as impressive...

On the other hand Nicola Adams came in against the world champ of her weight class and ended up winning becoming the first ever female boxer to win an Olympic gold medal ;)

Yeah the woman she she beat in the final was the 3 time workd champ and she also beat the 5 time world champ in the semis!

Rudisha's run last night was the most amazing thing I've ever seen, easily the best moment of the entire Olympics, who else saw it?

Well done Katie Taylor you done britian IRELAND proud :')

Obviously wouldn't make Britain proud as she isn't British :lol:

Rudisha's run last night was the most amazing thing I've ever seen, easily the best moment of the entire Olympics, who else saw it?

I'm not one to watch much athletics but I thought it was amazing, he just completely destroyed it!

South Korea beat Japan 2-0 to win the bronze medal for men's football...and the prize for the Koreans? They're exempted from military service.

So does that mean CY Park's staying with Arsenal for a while? As I heard he did mention he'd leave soon to serve his time with the military. Oh and he scored a goal too, was pretty impressivesmile.gif

South Korea beat Japan 2-0 to win the bronze medal for men's football...and the prize for the Koreans? They're exempted from military service.

So does that mean CY Park's staying with Arsenal for a while? As I heard he did mention he'd leave soon to serve his time with the military. Oh and he scored a goal too, was pretty impressivesmile.gif

South Korea completely outplayed Japan I though - both goals were good finishes although I think Japan were a bit unlucky at points

So as you know I was at the final today was a good match... for Mexico just absolute shocking play from Brazil and Rafael (I think) had a howler of a game.

Yeah Rafael made the mistakes at the wrong time...

Hulk was good, Neymar could've been better with his finishing, not sure why Pato was subbed in but I guess there wasn't much to do apart from attack and attack like your life depended on it.

Anyone planning on watching the Paralympics? Someone from my club is captaining the athletics team, so I planning on maybe watching a few events (I know my Uncle has tickets for some of the events since his wife's blind).

Everyone should be watching the Paralympics!! Screw able-bodied people, this Paralympians or SUPER-HUMANS are the true show!

And I get to see Oscar 'The Blade Runner' Pistorious and David Weir tomorrow! This will be the greatest sporting event I have watched of my life :D

Everyone should be watching the Paralympics!! Screw able-bodied people, this Paralympians or SUPER-HUMANS are the true show!

And I get to see Oscar 'The Blade Runner' Pistorious and David Weir tomorrow! This will be the greatest sporting event I have watched of my life :D

I do that already ;)

Haa touchee Franco.

But in all seriousness tonight was one of the best sporting places I have ever visited. Forget football games and only celebrating when your team scores. The in the stadium everyone celebrates at everything! Show respect towards others and just love what they see and go into shock when the favourite is beaten at the line or erupt in joy as the Brit wins in front of his home crowd. This is true fandom and true supporters for some true legends!

Up the Paralympics and let the Olympic spirit live on :D