Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 The Silent Partner.

Ashez

The Sun Shines On The Salop.

logo-shropshire-star.jpg

Roland Wycherley has accepted a bid from a multi billionaire for Shrewsbury Town Football Club. We understand that the billionaire wants to remain a secret partner but our reporters have discovered that he made his fortune in property, mainly in Portugal.

This billionaire is reportedly a former resident of the town and has always intended to return, we believe that in his previous stint in the area he held a season ticket for many years while Shrewsbury still played at the Gay Meadow.

shrewsbury-square2.jpg

During his absence from Shrewsbury the club has grown and moved to a new Stadium and cemented themselves as one of the better teams in the English second division although promotion has often escaped them to many a fans disappointment.

The New Meadow as the stadium is called is outstanding for the division the club are in and the intention was always to get promoted. The current stadium has pre-made plans for expansion for when the time comes, we understand this is a massive plus for the new owner because it means if he manages to take Shrewsbury to the big time he'll only need to shell out for redevelopments not an entire new arena.

New-Meadow.jpg

We'll let you know more details as the story develops but we understand a press conference with Mr Wycherley is being held at the ground tonight so if you have any question you'd like our reporters to ask please contact us via FMHVibe.

Shrews-logo-shrewsbury-town-logo-aug-2010.jpg

Are you using sugar daddy or what? What career/challenge is this ??

Nope, you'd never see me using Sugar Daddy not even in my personal save. I totally disgree with SD so yeah, this is a new challenge i've created (i think).

Any questions for the press mate? For this to work i really, really need interaction off you guys so please get involved as much as possible.

Since I don't really understand what your going to do, all I can ask is;

What are your aims for Shrewsbury?

Where do you see the club in 5-7 years? Champions of europe

Cheers fella, i'll be amazed if anyone comes up with what i'm doing in truth but i'd love to hear your guesses ;).

Wont be updating again tonight as planned since my GF has just turned up :S, she said she was staying at hers tonight haha, so update will be tomorrow.

Like i said i really need you guys so please get involved, i'll likely let you know the plan tomo ;)

I'll get this up to date and repost part 2 and see where people stand on the matter, i'll hopefully have it up to date tomo if not i will by Sunday.

Yeah I didn't see before the website crash lol

Yeah i doubt many people did haha, i think i got up to post 5 but not sure. I've played up entill the end of season two so i'll try and get up to speed asap.

The First Press Conference:

logo-shropshire-star.jpg

Due to Technical problems with FMHVibe your question weren't received but do not panic as we still attended the press conference on your behalf.

Roland Wycherley and current manager Graham Turner were sitting at a table in one of the clubs many function rooms awaiting the small amount of media expected to turn up, and Mr Wycherley started the conference.

_60017087_chairman624.jpg

“Hello and welcome to Shrewsbury Town Football club, as you are aware from the recent media speculation I have indeed sold the club to a wealthy former resident of the area. The new owner currently wants to be kept secret but we can assure you he is legit and we are currently working through the paper work with the FA and our lawyers to finalise the deal. I haven't currently got too much information for you guys due to the nature of this arrangement but I have been told to inform you of a few things.”

“I will not be leaving the club but instead I'll be moved to a new position as I am soon to be the ex owner, Mr X has told me I'm free to pick from the available posts at the club and I believe I'll soon be appointed as the director of football. I'd like to thank the fans for everything they've done for me during my time as owner but I understand the new owner has the funds and belief to move the club forward which is what I want to happen.”

“ The other major news for the fans is that current manager Graham Turner is expected to maintain his position in the club as the head coach, this is one of the main reasons I've decided to take up the roll as director of football since me and Graham have a fantastic working relationship. I believe Graham has a few words to say.”

“Cheers Roland, this is an exciting time for Shrewsbury Town and its time we pushed on as a community, many fans have been frustrated with the lack of movement within the club as we keep falling short of promotion but the new owner has promised me funds in which I can use to push forward. The soon to be new owner is extremely hungry to see Shrewsbury in the top flight and its my job to ensure this happens, we currently don't have a plan we're just going to take each season as it comes and see where we end up, but I understand the owner wants the club in European competitions within twelve years.”

Graham-Turner-STFC.jpg

So there we have some information from Shrewsbury's manager and the former owner, this seems to be an extremely exciting time for the community and the club so we'll keep following the story with great interest but we'd love to hear your views so please as always get in touch via FMHVibe.co.uk.

The Take Over Is Complete:

logo-shropshire-star.jpg

With players about to return for pre-season training we understand that the deal for Shrewsbury Town FC has been completed and that Mr Wycherley has indeed became the director of football for the club.

There is a buzz of excitement around the New Meadow with season ticket sales already breaking all previous records for the club which shows the fans have jumped on the band wagon.

The transfer window has been open for a few weeks now but Graham Turner has yet to delve into the market apart from letting ageing center half Reuben Hazell leave the club, there has been no announcement about the amount of money the new owner has made available for Turner but we understand its in the region of £3 million pounds!

If this figure is in the right ball park it seems that the new owner does indeed have money to burn and he's willing to spend big in the bid for success, many players have been linked to the club in the recent days and we expect many more to be linked over the coming weeks but Graham Turner has this to say.

“It is true I have money to spend but I'm not going to fuel your speculation by giving you a figure, I'll just say there is money there if I want to use it. I'm fairly happy with my current squad and I feel we have the ability to challenge for the title I'm thinking about making one or two adjustments this window then reassess the situation in January but we are not going to be held to ransom just because we've got a wealthy owner.”

“Like I said money has been made available but not all of it has gone straight into the transfer budget, much of it has gone into the development of the club so we can try and produce some more top quality players from our youth ranks like the current number one England Keeper Joe Hart. As well as the money being used on the youth a lot of it has gone into wages and various other fee's the media don't take into consideration when they throw these silly assumptions around but I can promise you signings will be made.”

Joe+Hart.jpg

So there we have the current situation at the club, it seems there is a lot of money there but the board have obviously refused to release the details in fear of what happened to Manchester City and Liverpool football club in the Premier league in recent years, where they we're forced to pay premium prices for average players due to everyone new they were well off.

We understand that a press conference is to be held at the end of the transfer window to reveal the plans for the season and to introduce the new signings.

Cheers lads, i've got a few more pre written but i'm going to spread them out a little but since i know a wall of text isn't the best of things to read lol.

Cheers lads, i've got a few more pre written but i'm going to spread them out a little but since i know a wall of text isn't the best of things to read lol.

I don't mind :) the more the better ;)

The Transfer Window Slams Shut:

SkySportsNewsIdent.jpg

“Hello and welcome to Sky Sports News where we understand Shrewsbury Town football club have been grabbing the headlines in recent weeks due to the new owner. Although doubts from the fans are already beginning to show as Graham Turner only managed to bring one new face to the club even though he publicly stated money was there to spend.”

“Many fans are starting to think this mystery billionaire is a false since no obvious changes have happened at the club while some are still optimistic. We are now going live to Graham Turner at New Meadow to try and clear this mess up while being introduced to his only signing.”

“Thank you for joining me today, firstly I'd like to address the recent speculation in the media and I can ensure you the funds were there for me to sign players but as I said I didn't feel any signings were needed at this moment in time. I allowed Reuben Hazell to leave the club because he didn't feature in my plans while I added another player, so we've had one in and one out.”

“Many players weren't interested in Joining the club which is sad news but I'm sure once we've developed and started to climb the league we'll attract the type of players the fans crave, until then please give us a chance to grow, I've had plenty of meetings with the owner and I can promise you he's got the clubs best interest at heart. Now I'd like to introduce you to our new signing....Matt Barnes.”

Matthew-BarnesHomer_2589811.jpg

“Barnes is a 19 year old attacking midfielder who prefers to play on the right hand side although he can play on the left if needs be. He is only a young lad but he's showing the signs in training that he'll become a great addition to the side thanks to his great strength and crossing ability which I'm sure our strikers we'll thrive on. The former Swindon man joins us on a free transfer on a low wage so we're hoping this will work out for all parties, he's settled in well at the club and is currently looking for a flat in the area. Unfortunately he unable to attend this press conference due family problems back in Swindon but we expect him to join back up with the squad soon.”

“Welcome back to the studio, so there we have the transfer situation cleared up but I'm unsure if this signing will excite the fans as much as they were hoping but in all seriousness the squad is good enough to gain promotion as it is. As always thank you for joining us and we hope to hear your views and opinions on the matter.”

The First Half Flashes By:

logo-shropshire-star.jpg

Its incredible to think we've already reached the end of January and that another transfer window has slammed shut.

Shrewsbury Town football club who caught the headlines at the start of the season have failed to live up to the hype with the manager receiving most of the criticism, they are currently lying in 11th place in league two which is massively disappointing considering they were favourites to win the league.

Many fans weren't impressed with Graham Turners lack of transfer activity in the summer yet he insisted the money was there if needed. To the fans relief Turner managed to flex his financial muscle during the January transfer window by bringing nine new faces to the Meadow, now we'll take a look at Shrewsbury's latest arrivals.

The first signing through the door was Radek Cerny who joined Shrewsbury from top division side Queen's Park Rangers for a fee believed to be around £250k. This Premier League experienced goalkeeper should offer fantastic competition for places in a side which has struggled to keep the ball out of the net.

radek-cerny-image-2-71997704.jpg

Paul Benson soon followed Cerny to the New Meadow after Turner agreed a fee of £210k with Charlton for the ageing striker, his fast experience in the game should help improve the fortunes of the young strikers currently in the squad.

The next player to arrive was a left sided defender going by the name of Jamie McAllister, the former Hearts player should offer great experience in the defensive line but the 33 year old didn't come cheap as Turner parted with £210k to get his man away from Bristol City.

0,,10327~9869323,00.jpg

A younger player was the next signing as Stuart Lewis joined from Wycombe for £28k, the 24 year old midfielder should offer some energy and passion in Shrewsbury's midfield.

Another experienced goal keeper was the next player to arrive at the Meadow as the German Hans-Jorg Butt joining from FC Bayern for a the cheap price of £26k. We believe Butt will become the first choice keeper with Cerny a close second.

34 year old Kevin Betsy also joined Turners rebuild as the attacking midfielder secured a deal from Wycombe for £10k and he was joined by Ricky Ravenhill who arrived on the same day from Notts County for £28k.

The final two players to arrive at Shrewsbury were Jon Nurse, the 31 year old Barbadian who joined from Dagenham and Redbridge for a fee of £8k and Steve Mildenhall became Turner's joint most expensive player as he joined from Millwall for £250k.

Graham Turner is currently unavailable for press conferences so we'll hopefully catch up with him soon, as always please get involved and contact us via FMHVibe.

The Season review:

logo-shropshire-star.jpg

After a disappointing start to the season Graham Turner spent big in the January transfer window which boosted the Shrewsbury's fans faith in the clubs new owner and in which direction the club was heading.

The new faces proved to the fans that the owner ment business and it sent a message right across the footballing league. With these new arrivals the fans were expecting a play off place at least but things didn't quiet work out for Turner as he only managed to secure a 7th place finishes. Although it was down to the tightest margins as Northampton claimed the last play off place on goal difference.

The problem was the fans weren't happy with Turners performances since in all fairness Shrewsbury should have got promoted without the investment spent on new playing staff, despite the disappointing season Turner looks likely to keep his job and is already planning for the season ahead.

This statement was posted on the STFC website this morning from the current owner:

“When I took ownership of my home town club I new things weren't going to be easy, this is a long term project in which I intend to do all I can to see Shrewsbury playing European football, this will never be an easy process and I've worked out a 12 year plan in which to make my dreams a reality. Mr Turner has come under intense pressure over the coming months but I can ensure you he is the man to take the club to the next level, at this current time he has my full support and his job is safe, more funds will be available next year so I hope we manage to push on from this stepping stone and get promoted.”

Some Screen Shots:

DSC_1699.jpg

DSC_1700.jpg

DSC_1701.jpg