Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 What we know about FMH2013 so far

Dec

So, the game is out in New Zealand, there are screenshots going on, but people in UK are not allowed to see them?

What kind of censorship is that SI?

I know, apparently though we are posting screenshots before the official announcement though - despite the game images being all over the net now and available in a country ;). I get where SI are coming from just I think the announcement is a bit delayed.

Would-be football managers, from midnight tonight (local time - iOS, GMT - Android), the whole world is once again your dugout as Sports Interactive and SEGA are delighted to announce the launch of Football Manager Handheld 2013 for iOS and Android devices.

This season’s release not only includes up-to-date player and competition data, it also includes a number of gameplay enhancements, many of which have been implemented as a direct result of user feedback. These include:

An all-new player comparison module (allowing managers to compare potential recruits against existing squad members or existing squad members against one another).

Player photos (in licensed leagues)

An increase in the number of playable leagues (from 12 to 14)

A player form ‘hot list’

The facility to promote reserve team players to the first-team squad

Club captain selection

Improvements to the in-game news, media interaction and match engine

Twitter support for all devices – allowing managers to share their exploits with friends

A host of in-game achievements for manager to strive towards

In addition to these gameplay enhancements, there have also been a number of improvements to the user interface; in particular, specific ‘skins’ have been developed for the most popular tablet devices and retina support has been added for high-end iOS devices.

For managers who like to accelerate their progress through the game, Football Manager Handheld 2013 allows, for the first time, the purchase of a number of ‘unlockable’ features, including the introduction to the club of a ‘sugar daddy’, the option to expand the club’s stadium, the ability to manage national teams from the beginning of the game and even taking a place on the board (giving the manager immunity from the dreaded sack). While all of these unlockables are available through the in-game store, many can also be ‘earned’ through in-game achievements as with previous iterations of the game.

Football Manager Handheld 2013 also sees the reappearance of the popular challenges (which first appeared in Football Manager Handheld 2012) and the introduction of a whole new challenge, ‘The Dangers of Capitalism’.

Football Manager Handheld 2013 is available at midnight tonight (local time) through iTunes, Google Play and the Amazon App Store

App Store link (when available in your country): http://itunes.apple.com/app/football-manager-handheld/id580830559?mt=8

Google Play and Amazon Store links to follow soon!

If you have any issues or questions regarding the game, please take the time to read our FAQ: http://www.sigames.com/faq/fmh2013.php

We hope you enjoy playing the game as much as we've enjoyed making it - please feel free to leave any feedback in this thread!

Wow Great! :) I wonder what's the new challenge all about

Sounds like you have to achieve sucess while making a healthy profit for the club. I'd imagine it'll be a combination of reducing wage bills, success in competitions, selling players for big bucks and finding bargain replacements.

Do the Irish leagues interest anyone here? I think they'll just be another forgettable league like Oz and Wales are atm imo, i just don't see the appeal but it is great to see more leagues added.

The new challenge seems interesting but i hope all the key unlockables are unlockables and we're not forced to buy them to enjoy the game while the addition of added player photos is class :).

Extremely excited about the hot list and interested to see the improvements made to the news reports etc :).

It looks like the unlockables are still unlockable through normal play. Purchases just let you skip all the effort required to unlock them.

Can't say I'm over excited about the Irish leagues (unless they have some really old strikers in them, of course
;)
)

Irish leagues are pretty interesting in the fact that Northern Ireland are like Wales and Ireland have no relegation but a relegation play off at the end and slightly better teams/some good players but nothing major.

Plus the Irish leagues have an inter-Ireland competition which is very bizarre.

It says many not all are unlockable by achievements.

From what Alari Naylor has been saying on the official forum, everything except the challenges can be unlocked or achieved through normal gameplay.

Wow Great! :) I wonder what's the new challenge all about

Sounds like you have to achieve sucess while making a healthy profit for the club. I'd imagine it'll be a combination of reducing wage bills, success in competitions, selling players for big bucks and finding bargain replacements.

Most certainly waiting to play that challenge

Sounds somewhat interesting but it just doesn't seem a league that would keep calling me back lol. I never even played in Wales on FMH 12 due to being mainly a PSP player but since i'll be an IOS user after Xmas i'll hopefully get addicted and try all the new leagues.

The best thing about it all imo is more players being added which will open up more challenges and iscouts ;)

Can we still only load four leagues?

It says many not all are unlockable by achievements.

From what Alari Naylor has been saying on the official forum, everything except the challenges can be unlocked or achieved through normal gameplay.

Fair enough then :D

Can we still only load four leagues?

Only four? Four would be a dream come true for me *cries*

Android still the one country playable at once?

Yes, still only one nation at at time until the majority of Android users find their way out of the dark ages and install ICS or Jellybean.

Ah right, well I'm thinking of getting an android phone soon so was just wondering but I usually play with only one country anyway so not too fussed.

New Feature info - 10% larger database than in FMH2012

New Feature info - You can now offer contracts to your 'grey' reserve players (bloody useful) for smaller clubs especially

New Feature info - Chance of a cash Injection when a giant killing occurs in a cup competition

From Marc Vaughan twitter account

Fixed them.

Also more features:

Random #FMH2013 New Feature info - Chance of a cash Injection when a giant killing occurs in a cup competition

Random #FMH2013 New Feature info - Player Comparison feature added

Random #FMH2013 New Feature info - New playable challenge (the dangers of capitalism)

Random #FMH2013 New Feature info - Player Pictures now present in the game, see just what that new signing looks like

Random #FMH2013 New Feature info - 10% larger database than in FMH2012

Random #FMH2013 New Feature info - New 'Form' pages showing hot/cold players from around the globe

Fixed them.

Also more features:

Random #FMH2013 New Feature info - Chance of a cash Injection when a giant killing occurs in a cup competition

Random #FMH2013 New Feature info - New playable challenge (the dangers of capitalism)

Random #FMH2013 New Feature info - Player Pictures now present in the game, see just what that new signing looks like

Random #FMH2013 New Feature info - New 'Form' pages showing hot/cold players from around the globe

this is a very good new feature .. well sounds like it in principle anyway

Some missed ones so here's the full list:

Marc via Twitter:

Random #FMH2013 New Feature info - You can now offer contracts to your 'grey' reserve players (bloody useful) for smaller clubs especially

Random #FMH2013 New Feature info - Captains are selectable

Random #FMH2013 New Feature info - Irish Leagues are playable

It sounds like no major changes have been made to the regen system, although Marc Vaughan has been looking at ways to mask secondary positions on un-scouted players to make things a little trickier. It may make it into an update at some point.