Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Weirdest things on FMH2013

Dec

Derby County as my friend and I keep doing challenges to see who is doing better. I lost the first as I didn't maintain form during the early part of the season as I kept blowing leads.

If you play top flight for English and German leagues, I haven't really notices any big problems.

@Dec, perhaps the game engine is slightly modified so that if you spend all your budget, you wont just keep getting money each season?

Guys, take a look at this and tell me what you think...

I signed these 16 year old gems from my Reserve team at PSG, The Future is Bright Indeed (Brighter then I thought!):

Now you may think, what's weird about this? well... Just look carefully at all the stats and bits and pieces (READ EVERYTHING)... Then laugh :D

Prototype Box-to-Box Mid Number 1:

35k6etc.png

a42253.png

Prototype Box-to-Box Mid Number 2:

j8iiq0.png

34e81ef.png

Prototype Box-to-Box Mid Number 3:

14dnb6u.png

2s1n037.png

Hang on... They're all the same!

Oh wait... hang on... You just played as Manchester City didn't you? Doesn't that look like Gareth Barry after a couple of years?

Here he is on the day that FM 2013 made 3 copies of him (:P)

2dl1apt.png

168a9za.png

So there it is, my fluid midfield for the future is sorted, all for... what? $0?

That sounds like a good deal doesn't it?

Their Pace, Stamina and Strength are generally mirrored like carbon-copies, with teamwork doing the same. Leadership will stay the same 90% of the time.

Other stats will maintain a similar if not exact same ratio to each other and will increase accordingly.

Their CA is calculated by age I'd assume with PA being randomised slightly according to Peely...

(He did say he was unsure if it was true or not), but PA randomisation makes sense, so despite having 4 copied van Persies, none may be as good as he was, whilst some may be like Messi (nobody knows!)

I'm unsure whether they regenerate or not and I don't think I'll be able to find out because regens regenerate in a far more random way than greyish players do (who repeatedly get re-copied, hence why I have so many G Barrys and van Persies)

Ah so CA will be randomised within a certain range as they're most likely younger, whereas PA will be totally random?

But identifying regens isn't too difficult most of the time, so you should be able to tell if they regenerate, but if they do and you keep buying greyed players the amount of players in play will be huge.

Please bear in mind that if you offer contracts to 'grey/reserve' players they aren't 'true' regens (as their original 'shadow player' is still active) so their potential isn't at all related to that player ... ie. you could find a world class PA 'reserve' who was modelled on a conference player or an amateur level PA player who had been modelled originally on Tevez ...

(ie. its designed to stop people cheating ;) )

Marc, wouldn't there still be a correlation between the original player's PA and the vurrent player's PA in my opinion (even if it's not coded in) in the sense that a 16 year old shouldn't have peaked. It is understandable that a rubbish player culd have 200 PA as their CA is below 200. However, if I have a Terry Carboncopy, and Terry's CA is say 140, that would make 140 the minimum PA he could have, right? (Ie. Players with better stats are better because their PA can't be below CA????)

How do you check? I haven't had any excellent players yet...playing Manchester city

Ironically, if you make a team with 10000 Reputation and release all the players (Android/PsP only with changes.txt), technically you can have a team of world class players for free now...

Also, check your reserve team and look for guys with good stats for their age

I just realised another odd thing...

That one of my grey signings was a copy of one of my players (Maxwell was copied as Romain Verdier, I daresay Verdier is a lot better at the moment)

Marc, wouldn't there still be a correlation between the original player's PA and the vurrent player's PA in my opinion (even if it's not coded in) in the sense that a 16 year old shouldn't have peaked. It is understandable that a rubbish player culd have 200 PA as their CA is below 200. However, if I have a Terry Carboncopy, and Terry's CA is say 140, that would make 140 the minimum PA he could have, right? (Ie. Players with better stats are better because their PA can't be below CA????)

No it doesn't work that way the 'shadow' player shares the underlying attribute offsets bu has his own CA level which can be far different to his parents.

For technical attributes they're on a scale of (huge simplifying/generalising here) +/- 125 this is used to adjust the level of the attribute that the player has and is used in conjunction with the players ability level (ie. current CA).

Thus Terry might have 20 tackling visible - say a 'tackling' attribute behind the scenes of +80 and a CA of 160, a grey/reserve player based on him might have the same tackling attribute but a CA of 10 meaning his tackling is only visible as say 10 - it'd still likely be his highest attribute but he's not anywhere near the same ability that Terry is because technical attributes are formed from both the attribute and the players current CA level.

Ironically, if you make a team with 10000 Reputation and release all the players (Android/PsP only with changes.txt), technically you can have a team of world class players for free now...

Actually no you wouldn't - see above, for inactive league non-human controlled teams grey/reserve players are modelled to retain the 'expected' level of the team (to ensure that continental/international comps are balanced correctly) - for human teams this is not at all the case .... you're welcome to try and find that out for yourself though ;)

How do you check? I haven't had any excellent players yet...playing Manchester city

Also, check your reserve team and look for guys with good stats for their age

As Marc said, visible attributes are not just based on CA, at least that's true on FM, you can a poor player with brilliant performances on the pitch. Don't forget hidden attributes exist too!

I think they maintain hidden attributes, because I have three "shadow" Gareth Barrys, they're all Hardworking...

Thanks for the info though, :D.

I guess the main thing is to look for greeen stats :D (right?)

Actually no you wouldn't - see above, for inactive league non-human controlled teams grey/reserve players are modelled to retain the 'expected' level of the team (to ensure that continental/international comps are balanced correctly) - for human teams this is not at all the case .... you're welcome to try and find that out for yourself though ;)

I'd love to do this but as far as I'm aware changes.txt don't work on iOS (or do they?). If they do, please tell :P