Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Challenge Cup 6

Sorry was very busy last night. I've got a football training thing with my team soon, should be done for 4/5. Can we have any late entries.. PLEASE? :(

P.s. I hate pre-season training, I'm a keeper.. I don't need to be fit :(

P.s. I hate pre-season training, I'm a keeper.. I don't need to be fit :(

I totally agree. How much running would a keeper do per game?

The most I have to do is chasing a ball out, chasing down the side or something.. But those are short/medium sprints! I don't need to do a 2 hour long run 5 times a week :(

Here's what I plan to do it like this time;

I was going to use an idea Tobinho suggested.. Round 1 is the one set challenge for everyone and top 18 progress to round 2. Round 2 will have 3 groups of 6, and again it'll be one set challenge for the 6 and the top 3 from each group progress. Meaning 9 will advance, and this will be the semi finals. 3 semi finals with 3 members in each and a set challenge for each semi final and the winner of each semi final progress to the final, and it will then be a 3-way final to determine the winner... Thoughts?

Yep good, almost fool proof because 1 drop out per group is allowable even in semis.

Can we make it that if in the final 1 person drops out, the 4 losing semifinalists (who MUST HAVE completed their final challenge, so 3 if 1 didn't finish the semi challenge) fight it out for the final spot?

Here's what I plan to do it like this time;

I was going to use an idea Tobinho suggested.. Round 1 is the one set challenge for everyone and top 18 progress to round 2. Round 2 will have 3 groups of 6, and again it'll be one set challenge for the 6 and the top 3 from each group progress. Meaning 9 will advance, and this will be the semi finals. 3 semi finals with 3 members in each and a set challenge for each semi final and the winner of each semi final progress to the final, and it will then be a 3-way final to determine the winner... Thoughts?

Looks good to me :)

Cheers Kera and Scott :D

could you explain that in a different way Kera? I'm just back from training and I'm tired and dizzy sorry :lol:

Ok,

In Semi 1 there is Scott, AS, RAC, in Semi 2 there is Jens, Kera and Tobinho.

Jens and AS win into final. Kera doesn't finish season for the semi challenge.

Jens pulls out of it cos of something...

Scott, RAC & Tobinho play it out in extra round to see who will face AS (Kera isn't allowed to cos he didn't finish the semi challenge on time)

Happy now? :P

Basically it is a safeguard for an anticlimax :)

I am quite busy Kera, so I can't give you an exact time sorry.

Also, I'd like some feedback from more members about the setup first :)

Lets goooooooooo :(

I might as well sleep now then :P

So much for a sunday nights head start :P

Preferably don't start it on a Tuesday. :P

I finish school at 15:00, (or 16:30 depending on a lot of things) and rugby is at 17:30 until 18:30, it takes 10 minutes to get home and we eat at 19:00.

So there is the story of why not to start it on a Tuesday.

Yayyyyyyz ill be able to get a head start!

Wait, what time? If its like 11:00 then I can't. :(

Get a head start I mean.

Hey is it more evening or night time? Evening if an do but not night time.

Probably be in the next couple of hours.

Remember there'll be like a week/10 days to complete it.

Is anyone going to be doing this on PSP? Cause the challenge I planned to do won't be available on PSP :(

The first 2 rounds 1 week and then the semi/final 10 days?

As long as its IOS its ok. It will take me longer on IOS so I might have a worse chance but oh well. :(

The first 2 rounds 1 week and then the semi/final 10 days?

Probably :P

I think the set-up's perfect AS :) I don't see any flaws with it. Kudos to Tobinho and you for coming up with it!

Cheers, yeah it's a great idea :) Tobinho had better win now to show how good the system is ;)

Hopefully I'll finish it quick. Would it be possible to have a bit longer for the first one just because I have a lot of school work coming up over the next few weeks?

Alright lads? Welcome to the opening round of the 6th version of the all famous Challenge Cup. This'll be many members first time playing this competition and they'll be hoping to the join the exclusive group of Challenge Cup winners.. Also, there are members who have competed in a few of these and have still failed to win (Ashez springs to mind ^_^) . So good luck to you all.

How's this round going to work?

Well, I will set one challenge for all 23 members to complete. Then everyone will PM me their scores and the top 18 will advance into the second round. The 5 who fail to score enough points will be eliminated from the competition.

The Challenge:

newcastle_jets_thumb.jpg

I didn't want to do anything hard to start, so the challenge is just to manage Newcastle United Jets. The only rule will be that you can spend no money at all. You can sign loans and frees as you please. Shadow players are also allowed. The only thing you have to worry about is scoring enough points to finish in the top 18.

Point system:

League points total

Goal Difference added on

Winning the Major Finals (20 points)

finishing top 6 but not winning Finals (10 points)

failing to come top 6 (-20 points)

Deadline:

You have until 11:59pm Monday 24th June.