Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 GLORY, GOALS and GR££D

pistachio

is-money-ruining-football.jpg

Arabs, rich Arabs everywhere. As the title suggests, this career will involve money, and more money. Somewhere in the country where football is loved, there will be rain. What rain? In this career, I will emulate a takeover of a club that isn't rich and will turn it into a diamond fortress. The question is, can money buy success?

*The title of the career was taken from Joe Lovejoy's book GLORY, GOALS and GR££D as I thought this would be a perfect title for my career.

Characters used in this career is fictional except for the players and other managers

Arab billionaire, Ashraf Shadid looking forward to start investment in a football club

by: Jacob Garfield

The owner of the famous Shadid Oil Refinery company has taken his first step to further invest his money. In an annual dinner event at Burj Khalifa, he openly announce in a speech that he is planning to takeover a football club and invest his money there. However, he did not mentioned the club specifically.

inbox_openinggambit_130203041.jpg

Which club do you think he should takeover, and why?

Hmm, how about Norwich? They're a relatively lower team and I'd like to see them become successful because they have alot of links with Scotland for some reason :lol:.

Thanks for the suggestions and actively participating in this career. I've already picked my team and hopefully announce it tomorrow or 3 days later because I'll be going on a short vacation. Sorry!

The Team: Wigan Athletic

1000000847.jpg

Full Name: Wigan Athletic

League: English Premier League

Stadium: DW Stadium

Stadium Capacity: 22500

Training Facility: Good

Key players: Gary Caldwell, James McCarthy, Arouna Kone

It's official, and it's done. Arab billionaire Shadid have already bought over Wigan Athletic and the Latics fans will be expecting a heavy cash storms at DW Stadium. Shadid first move at Latics was to mutually terminate Roberto Martinez contract and he said that he will be looking forward to bring in a new manager of his choice. The manager would most slightly be an attacking type of manager who enjoys working under a spendthrift owner.

Fans would be expecting to see some stars in DW Stadium in the upcoming transfer market.

Who do you think Shadid should bring in DW Stadium, and why?

Lot's of youngsters! To increase their stats since most of them are Gem.

GK = Butland

DF = McLaughlin, Henley, Denswil, Umtiti, Nastasic, Romagnoli, Kurt Zouma

MF = Goretzka, Samper, McEachran, Redmond, Stanciu, Barkley, Yaisen, Adryan, Maher, Paredes

ST = Caprari, Alcacer, Benzia, Caballero.

GK = Butland

MF = Goretzka, Samper, McEachran, Redmond, Stanciu, Barkley, Yaisen, Adryan, Maher, Paredes

Currently reading your reply while listening to Imagine Dragons, lol! Cheers anyways :D

No one :P Seriously though, Wigan have a really solid young team. They have 3 brilliant central mids (McCarthey, Mcarthur, Espinoza) and with Maloney, Gomez, Kone and Di Santo you'll be fine in attack. I would recommend spending on Bogdan Butko, to replace Boyce who isn't a strong wingback and maybe buying a central defender as well :)

GK = Butland

Currently reading your reply while listening to Imagine Dragons, lol! Cheers anyways :D

Such a coincidence xD

The Gaffer:
9002003981_1b0f5b7573.jpg

Name: Andrea Pistachio

Past playing experience: FC Groningen, A.C Siena, Juventus, Santos

Past managing experience: Belarus National Team, Warriors FC (Singapore), Zenit St. Petersburg

International Caps (goals): 10(2)

The gaffer is here in Wigan. He's finally here. After much anticipation, the man himself was unveil. Andrea Pistachio, who is famous for his playing time at FC Groningen as a youngster will take up his 4th managerial role after having trouble in Zenit St. Petersburg. In Wigan, he will face a challenge of handling young stars like McCarthy and McArthur but a tougher challenge will be handling the money.

Andrea Pistachio first interview

9003498653_6866145bc1.jpg

Welcome to Wigan Athletic, how do you feel about your appointment?

At first, I'm flattered. Never thought I would get a job quickly. Plus, it's a job in an English club which is actually my dream of managing an English club. During my playing time I followed English football closely but I didn't support anyone because there's too many good team and I believe Wigan is one of them.

Wigan is a good team, how will you make it better?

I want to start from scratch with the money put aside. Yes, I'm going on a spending spree but good old fashion work will also be needed. The ones that does not qualify for my expectations will have to go and the average one will have to fight for spots with the new boys. It's going to be a complete revamp and I hope the fans will support my project.

Your expectations for the first season?

I was going to go for a respectable league position but with all the money put in, I think it's unfair for Shadid. I'm looking to finish at least 7th or 8th maybe? We'll see how it goes. For cups, I'll be looking to see our team playing at least in the semi or the quarter final.

Was Wigan your only offer?... and if it isn't, was it a hard choice?

I had a couple of offer, notably from the Thailand National Team and Geylang International of Singapore. I also had an offer from FC Basel a month ago. No, it's not a hard decision. I've been wanting to manage a team in England and Wigan approach me, so it was an easy choice.

Thank you for taking your time to speak to us. We wish you good luck in your Wigan career.

Aha good luck too Mr Interviewer