Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Why Vibe?

Lee-Roy

Hope this is in the right place, it was a toss up between here and general off topic.

What made you guys decide to stay at FMH VIBE? I've been mooching around the web and after seeing the other forums available I'm glad Vibe was the first I ever came across so many months ago. Personally I prefer the layout to this site, glad there is a mobile version and I think there's a great group of lads in here and the site is run and moderated very well.

I stayed because there was no Killie fans and I thought I'd bless you all with such a wonderful thing :P.

Nah really, the site helped me out so much when I played FMH12 on psp, so I decided to sign up for more, and the staff (mainly Ash and Sam) have been great to me ever since and giving me guidance on how to become a better member, and thanks to them I managed to get enough experience and whatever to become a youth coach :D Dec has also been great to me since I joined, but I mentioned Sam and Ash since we PM frequently :P.

I was on Neo and the SI forum for some 2 years before the first Vibe was around. I kind of followed the flow, except when the merge with Fanboys came round. It was quite the fail that one... After that, Dec asked me to join in on the restart of Vibe, that was 3.5 years ago now.

Bottom line: Dec sucked me in and doesn't let me go anymore O_o

I'm still glad to be here ^^

I was on Neo and the SI forum for some 2 years before the first Vibe was around. I kind of followed the flow, except when the merge with Fanboys came round. It was quite the fail that one... After that, Dec asked me to join in on the restart of Vibe, that was 3.5 years ago now.

Bottom line: Dec sucked me in and doesn't let me go anymore O_o

I'm still glad to be here ^^

Sorry for being ignorant but what is the merge with the fanboys about? I've seen the neonseekers forum it doesn't look as user friendly here. And there's some very cynical people on there.

And that's similar to me as, I've seen people ask stupid questions that on here have been simply answered here, and elsewhere the other forums seem to have less friendly members.

There was once Vibe, which merged with an FM forum (for pc).

And that tunred to have the same problems as NEO;

it's nto FMH exclusive, which mans virtually any nitwit can jump in on discussion. While Vibe is a mre secluded community and you actually have to look for it. If you jump in without a valid reson and just start making amok, you'll just get stared out ^^

I was also on Neoseeker and one day i went looking for a transfer update as Dec wouldn't allow it on Neoseeker if i remember and i ended up here. After a while i looked around then fell in love with Rafa and Sunny and thought it's my time to shine :P. In all seriousness i love the community more than the game it's self, Vibe is bigger than FMH imo. Would i play FMH without Vibe? Not half as much, but i'd be on Vibe without FMH as much as i am now, i love you guys :P

I was a follower of Dec on Neoseeker, never signed up but one day I saw someone's signature was Vibe so I clicked on it and that's how I found it. I only followed the career section but when I opened my eyes up and explored the other parts of the site, it made me enjoy it a lot more. 

When I first got FMH2011 I was rubbish at it and really had no idea about what to do tactically etc and I searched up to find help and I stumbled across Vibe and stayed there ever since. :D

I found this site on fm-base when looking for a tacti for my PSG and Man Utd career.

I noticed it had a FMH section, but was completely useless.

I saw someone post about FMHVibe and decided to give it a go. I can't remember who posted it though..

But I'm glad they did haha.

But I've stayed here because I noticed that it's much more than a community here.

It's basically like a big giant family lol.

Everyone here are friendly. They joke around with each other. And even argue sometimes. But at the end of the day, we all share that special bond that we all call Football Manager Handheld.

FMHVibe - Come for FMH, stay for the family.

I cannot say why I stuck on this site really as the answer is obvious. I would tell you the story of why Vibe was created though if anyone is interested?

I found Vibe also by Neoseeker. Back when I knew less about FMH than now (yes it's possible) I always browsed the Internet looking for tips and stuff. One day I found Neoseeker and someone posted that FMHVibe was really good. So I joined.

I'm interested Dec. :D

Mummy, can you wead me a stowy pleathe?

Please mummy, I can't sleep wivout my bedtime stowy. :(

There's nothing creepier than a non-baby talking like a 2 year old.

And the fact you did it twice, just makes it all the more creepier. :P

but I think we'd all love to here the story, Dec.

This'll need a separate thread won't it Dec? :P

My guess is was you had a fallout with people from other FMH forums (I think neoseeker was one, I don't know an other FMH forums) .

Well I am sorry for making fun at your speech impediment lol ;)

I wath vewy unpleased to thee your comment.

Anyway I'll stop now. :)

Well basically back in the day a few of us - Ollie, Jens, Franco etc were on Neoseeker. It was frustrating as the forum was quite busy thanks to us and we had a lot of good members on there and a high amount of activity but the moderators kept overlooking our forum so wouldn't let one of us run it. Plus overall the site was very standard so a lot of what we produced had to be hosted elsewhere and this caused a lot of problems. Due to this I approached someone in regards to creating a new FMH forum, there were two download based sites out there but no forum and he agreed, we started it out as FMH/FM with a heavy influence on FMH but it corrupted and then we moved onto All Out Attack in which allowed me to learn a lot but we tried to add too much and cover too many things and I got sick of being the only one trying out of the 3 admins so I left and spoke to the guys about our original vision - FMHVibe. While it wasn't an easy ride and it ended the first time with an unsuccessful merge with Fanboys due to many problems about promises not being met I believe it created what we have today, it gave me a lot of valuable experience with people who know what they are doing and were good at making a forum work. Eventually it became time to call the merge unsuccessful after talking to the likes of Ollie and Jens and with this in mind I put my hands in my pockets, spent a lot of time and effort and came up with this.

Wow. Who would have known this incredible forum was built on lies and failure?

I remember I made a site before(unrelated to any of this). And I picked the wrong hosting and we had too many users that the hosting's servers were overloaded.

They basically terminated our membership and we never recovered.

So it's nice to see that you guys ended up recovering from the shortcomings and you never gave up.

That's what makes a good administrator. Someone who is passionate enough to not give into the failures and to keep trying to build something.

Woah, bringing back the memories here aha. But I went on Neoseeker in 2009 as I had some problem, so joined up to ask. Stuck around there for a bit, and met some people from there, till the other forums were being created. Left Neo for these and basically just followed Dec round till we got to this here Vibe and now even though I don't play FMH no where near as much as I used to back in the days of FMH09, where I'd play for hours on end day in day out, even in class too, I stick around here for the community and the awesome guys on here more than the game (same point as Ash was saying basically, more the people than FMH :lol: )

Just been reading this for whatever reason and it's sad to see the guys who aren't around/as active anymore.

But we have a great community still with some new faces from a year ago. So I put to you the questions, what brought you to Vibe, and what made you stick around?