Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 [COMPLETED] Pride Of The South American Continent - The Legend Returns to The Lane

wallywonka

THE LEGEND RETURNS TO THE LANE

BdFT8QX.jpg

cTZQ8DQ.jpg

As a player, Osvaldo César Ardiles, better known as Ossie Ardiles, was one half of the formidable Argentinian duo who took London by storm in the early 1980’s. Ossie, together with Ricky Villa, helped Tottenham Hotspurs to the FA Cup in 1981. In 10 seasons at White Hart Lane, the midfielder was a cult hero, playing in more than 200 games for Spurs. Till this day, Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa are still thought of as the best South Americans to ever don the white strip at the Lane.

In 1993, Ossie Ardiles returned to London as the new manager of Tottenham Hotspurs. But he could not re-live his glory days as a player and was sacked a year later. Never did we know, that almost 20 years on, the Argentine legend was on his way back to White Hart Lane.

To be continued..

Good luck.

Someone beat you to it Franco!

I know, ever since I was asking questions people have been warming to the idea :lol:

But good luck wally :)

Honestly my Dad never stops talking about how amazing he is! Good luck :)

I've never heard of him myself :P but I suppose you dad is a Spurs fan then?

Honestly my Dad never stops talking about how amazing he is! Good luck :)

I've never heard of him myself :P but I suppose you dad is a Spurs fan then?

Yep he is. :D

Backed by new owners, an Argentine consortium led by a still unknown figure, Ossie Ardiles addressed the fans and vowed to bring back the glory years. The fans rejoiced but when Ossie transfer listed the whole squad bar one player, namely Sandro, a majority thought that the legend had lost his mind. Flashbacks to the Argentine’s first stint as manager came back, when he deployed a formation with five strikers, something never seen in England since the 1950’s.

VshFN16.png

Sandro

As the transfer window opened, Ossie’s point was clear. He wanted an overhaul. Out went the underachieving Spurs side. The players Ossie bidded for all shared a very distinct similarity. They were all his compatriots.

Ossie Ardiles didn’t just focus on the European market. He looked at the Argentinian domestic leagues too. Leandro Paredes and Esteban Andrada duly arrived from Boca Juniors and Lanus respectively, both players lured by the prospect of playing under a legend.

c4t5j02.png

Andrada - Kissing his way to London

With previous first teamers like Kyle Walker and Gareth Bale dangled as baits, Ossie managed to secure a large chunk of his targets on part exchange deals. Nicolas Otamendi, Mariano Andujar, Diego Perotti and Federico Fazio were the more established names in a list which included talented youngsters such as Paulo Dybala and Erik Lamela, all excited by the project pitched to them.

Of course, some of Ossie’s targets preferred the prestige of the Champions League, shunning the second rate Europa League. Players like Eduardio Salvio and Javier Pastore to name a few stayed at their clubs while Nicolas Gaitan snubbed Spurs for Old Trafford. Fabian Monzon and Sergio Romero were among the few whose transfer were scuppered due to work permit issues.

hNxqlyu.png

Lamela - Take this, Bale

With the league fast approaching its start, Tottenham had a threadbare squad which could compete in the EPL, much less Europe. Ossie then looked at Brazil. Lucas Moura wanted out after a proposed transfer to PSG was cancelled at the last minute. Casemiro came along with him as Ossie shipped Gareth Bale to Brazil. Bale had spent the whole pre-season holding out for a move to Real Madrid, but the Argentine had the last laugh and the Welshman (check his passport, some say he’s Brazilian) was on his way to play against the likes of Neymar and Ronaldinho. Tomas Rincon proved to be the last piece of the jigsaw as Ossie finalised his squad for the new season.

RPhfULW.png

Lucas Moura - Hearts, hearts everywhere.

A typical Spurs fan might be preparing for the worst, but in the world of football, you never know....

To Be Continued.

Looks like you managed to get a couple of players to replace Bale as far as celebrations are concerned :lol:

Looking forward to more!

yeah bale went back to brazil. he can continue shooting hearts there  :P

Ooo shame about Monzon, might have to give him a look for my version of this :lol:

But nice going, I've got a couple of the players you got too aha

Ooo shame about Monzon, might have to give him a look for my version of this :lol:

But nice going, I've got a couple of the players you got too aha

waiting for your post mate. you might have some hidden gems i've missed out on. shame i dont have the work permit unlockable. i missed out on at least half of my targets.

Only got up to October, playing a bit at a time here and there. I've chosen Inter for mine so already have my fair share and don't have to worry about work permits too. But found a couple of good players for my team ;)

SEASON 1

A mediocre first season as Spurs won the EPL but missed out on more silverware with losses in 2 finals.

TRANSFERS

XM6RdNM.png

jAxjTG5.png

ZA7R9Gd.png

3TEPtZE.png

NOTE - Ivan Piris was the only new face in the January transfer window.

English Premier League

tfJJCqq.png

The title was won with style, helped by having the best defensive record in the league.

Carling Cup

yKH6Act.png

A couple of missed penalties in the shootout and Spurs were left to rue their chances after Jagielka was sent off with 20 minutes left on the clock.

FA Cup

hhEoHnb.png

Carlos Tevez scored in the 80th minute to break the hearts of Spurs fans.

Europa League

XdSldKq.png

A solitary goal was enough as Spurs fell at the final hurdle to hand Spartak Moscow the title.

Season Awards

cGR37Pp.png

Matias Suarez won the EPL POTY award after taking advantage of Dybala’s frequent spell on the sidelines through injuries by producing some breathtaking displays. Lucas Moura took home the YPOTY award to make it a clean sweep with Ossie taking the MOTY award.

Fans’ Player Of The Season

etydilg.png

Dybala was magical in his first season. The 18 year old ended up the club top scorer despite a season blighted with injuries.

Other Notable Players

7OmZKgm.png

Suarez was brilliant when called upon, almost beating Dybala to the club top scorer award with 32 goals.

cVd1fCU.png

Perotti was the team’s chief architect, conjuring up 23 assists whilst adding a further 7 goals himself.

“I couldn’t ask for more as the lads showed tremendous spirit to win the EPL for the very first time since the inaugural season in 1991. We we’re unlucky to lose out in the cup finals but I’m sure there will be many more such opportunites to come in future. One area we need to brush up on is the goalscoring. The young strikers are doing well but the rest of the team need to contribute more in term of goals.” – Ossie Ardiles review of the season.

ACHIEVEMENTS AFTER SEASON 1

EPL WINNERS

FA CUP RUNNERS-UP

EUROPA LEAGUE RUNNERS-UP

Thanks guys for the support. Keep the comments coming. Cheers.

That's alot or transfers! You pretty much changed the whole team! :O

Good season though. :)

Thats basically the purpose of the whole POYC challenge :P

Great first season well done on winning the league  :)

Solid first season and something to build on :) Good luck next season :) Also very nicely presented!

Thanks for the comments guys.

Spurs champions! That's all I need to see.

Next season you'll win those finals :P you managed to exchange a lot of players do all the Spurs players want to leave England so badly because of the weather? :P

Good luck