Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2013 Sell Them Slowly

MerlionMaple96

Sell Them Slowly

i3pLZLK.png

Firstly let me warn the reader that this challenge is a little bit difficult to explain so hold on to your hats as I attempt to go through this as simply as possible.

Objective

The main objective of this challenge will be to win six consecutive league titles with one team

The Concept, The Catch and How This Will Go Down

1) Pick one of the big teams in any league. Only the highest division from each country is allowed though.

2) Pick your starting XI for that team. This will not "change" over the course of the career.

As aforementioned, the challenge will last 6 seasons or 12 transfer windows. In each transfer window you must sell one of the players in your starting XI. The catch is that in each window you can only make one new signing. Not only that, but the signing must be to directly replace the player you just sold. In other words you will be buying a player to replace the mainstay of the starting XI you just got rid of.

But wait, there's more! The player you sign can only be worth up to 10% of the transfer fee you received for the player you sold. The career progresses as such until you fail to win the league or if you have successfully won it 6 times. The novelty of the challenge lies in how you choose to buy players as well as searching for hidden gems who will be able to fit into your system for a bargain price. Will you choose to invest in youth early on in hopes that they will become world beaters later yet at the same time risk being knocked out early with an underdeveloped team? Or will you try another strategy?

To make it more interesting, one could allow the members of Vibe to decided which player of the Starting XI is sold in which transfer window through a career poll

For Example

Let's say I pick United. Next, I have to choose my mainstay starting XI. Let's say I opt for this:

De Gea, Rafael, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Cleverley, Carrick, Valencia. Kagawa, Rooney & van Persie 

Transfer Window 1: I set up a poll in my career thread and everyone wants me to get rid of Rooney. I am able to sell Rooney to Real Madrid for 50 Million. Now I have a maximum of 5 Million Euros to go out and buy a replacement. Let's say I'm able to pick up Ola Toivonen for that amount.

Transfer Window 2: I set up another poll but this time there are only 10 players on it as Rooney has already been sold. Let's say Vibe wants me to offload Ferdinand. But disaster strikes. Nobody will take him off my hands for any price, so I have to release/demote him :O In this case I have no choice but to follow the rules and sign a player for a maximum of 10% of 0 or in other words, a free transfer. Now do you guys get a feel for why this is so tough? I manage to pick up some random player on a free transfer. 

Transfer Window 3: Assume I won the league in the first season and my team at this point looks like:

De Gea, Rafael, Vidic, Random Player, Evra, Carrick, Cleverley, Kagawa, Valencia and Toivonen

Remember that these players must be the mainstays of your team. Anyways, let's say Vibe wants to axe Kagawa. I manage to get rid of him for 30 Million. Now I need to find a suitable replacement for a ridiculous 3 Million Euros! 

Anyways, that's the gist of the challenge and one simply rinses and repeats until they either fail to win the title or have won it 6 times.

Rules

1) No Unlockables/Cheats

2) No use of Changes.txt

3) Screenshots needed as evidence. Preferably a career posted

4) One must use the mainstay of the team unless they are injured, recovering from an injury or have are below 80%

5) One can only make 1 transfer in each window. That transfer is reserved for the replacement player you are buying

6) No Regens can be bought

7) If you make it all the way to the end, the final transfer window will see no dealings whatsoever

Leaderboards

The more seasons surpassed, the higher you will be on the leaderboard

Comments, Ideas etc. Would be class :)

Also, by the 6th season the youngest possible players you can sign will be 21 years old, that'll mean the last few signings you make will be extremely crap... (I'm not too sure about balance, but it seems like it was intended :P)

Trust MM to come up with something super hard :/

What if you can't renew a contract and a mainstay player leaves? Or two in a single season. Game over?

I think that if a player retires or leaves, you can replace them with an existing squad member. What do you guys think?

Also, by the 6th season the youngest possible players you can sign will be 21 years old, that'll mean the last few signings you make will be extremely crap... (I'm not too sure about balance, but it seems like it was intended :P)

Not too sure what you mean Kerav?

The thing is, this is one of those challenges that you can't play without posting it. Unless you're one of the coaches/biggest contributors to the site, nobody will believe you :

You're right.

Since you can't use regens.

what if im a big fan of rotation? can my mainstay players play 40 odd per season?

You have to follow the rules exactly as above unfortunately. Not using them as much as possible would kinda defeat the point of the challenge...

You're right.

I'm still not understanding this? :( Someone care to explain...

You're right.

The minimum age for a player in the game is 15. After 6 seasons, they'd be 21.

Since you can't use Regens or Shadow players, 21 is the youngest after 6 seasons. But it doesn't matter because the challenge is over after 6 seasons...

Basically the youngest age for each season is

1st - 15

2nd - 16

3rd - 17

etc...

You're right.

Since you can't use Regens or Shadow players, 21 is the youngest after 6 seasons. But it doesn't matter because the challenge is over after 6 seasons...

1st - 15

2nd - 16

3rd - 17

etc...

But why would anyone want to load up on young players in season 6? (If they last that long :O)

You're right.

1st - 15

2nd - 16

3rd - 17

etc...

But why would anyone want to load up on young players in season 6? (If they last that long :O)

You don't have to. He's just saying that's the youngest possible age you can san.

Don't know why he said it lol. He was acting as if they would be the last people on Earth :P

You're right.

1st - 15

2nd - 16

3rd - 17

etc...

You don't have to. He's just saying that's the youngest possible age you can san.

Don't know why he said it lol. He was acting as if they would be the last people on Earth :P

Was under the same impression :lol:

Two questions :)

1. The replacement doesn't have to cost the exact 10% does he? So you can spend less on a player?

2. Does the replacement player have to last the 6 seasons? For example say I signed a 30 year old CB and he retired would I fail or could I replace him with a squad player and continue?

Good questions. The second one is the question I'd like to know aswell.

But I'm pretty sure you can buy a player for less than 10% lol.

But what happens to the left over money? If you only spend 5% of that 10% does it carry over to the next player? Or is it essentially just lost in the Wage budget?

1. You can definitely spend less than necessary. However the leftover amount does not carry over to the next purchase. It's resigned to the wage budget...

2. No the player would retire and you could just promote anothet player from the squad and keep going. However you shouldn't try to exploit this fact when you buy players. Basically don't buy players so they retire soon just so you can bring in a better young player.

Okay sound.

You can't really exploit it tbh, as you'd be forced to stick with the aging stat declining player until he retires anyway so a younger player would be better.

You're right.

1st - 15

2nd - 16

3rd - 17

etc...

Was under the same impression :lol:

Basically, what I was trying to say is by the last season your purchases are sure to be worse than your sales (which I'm guessing is the whole point), because there won't be wonderkids you can pick up, coupled with the fact that the best you could probably get by then is Diego de Girolamo :P