Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Books

Prosherry

Sorry if someone already posted something like this before but I think it would be good if everyone shared their favourite books or series I will start

Percy Jackson

Heroes of Olympus

Cherub

Daniel X

Can't really name any books that are my favourite as I'm not a big reader as of yet, but I do want to read like auto/biographies of people, like I'd like to read Zanetti's or Ibra's (if obviously they're published in English), but not really looked in to it much really

Anything by Darren Shan! I'm not a huge fan of reading books, but any one of his books has me hooked and I can't stop.

Was on the 4th and final book of the saga of Larten Crepsley and was nearly finished and I left it on the bus to Aberdeen, gutted :(

I'm a big fan of Beano's. :P

But I like anything by Michelle Paver. I especially like Wolf brother and Gonds and Warriors. I'm a bit old now but I used to really like Jiggy McCue.

Having finished reading Batman and Philosophy and Batman and Psycology for Uni I am now looking at how computer games influence the mind to appeal via the brilliant BU library collection.

Having finished reading Batman and Philosophy and Batman and Psycology for Uni I am now looking at how computer games influence the mind to appeal via the brilliant BU library collection.

Sort of off topic, but it's on your topic... Did you watch the show Charlie Booker did on vid games?

Not wanting to get off topic.. I did a dissertation back at Uni on how Audio in games can influence the mind/behavior.

Books wise (showing my age..):

- EE 'Doc' Smith

- Asimov

- AE Van Vogt 

- Terry Goodkind

- RA Salvatore

- Orson Scott Card

Authors I like Michelle Paver and especially Anthony Horowitz. :)

Used to love Anthony Horowitz, read all the Alex Rider books. They were quality.

When it come to books, I'm a simple man. I like the ones with the pop up pictures!

But seriously, I hate reading, but I understand why people enjoy reading books instead of watching the films,

Being a literature student, my list is endless...

Really enjoyed harry potter, game of thrones, flowers for Algernon, wuthering heights, hazard of new fortune, Charles dickens, portrait of the artist as a young man (Joyce), many Dutch books as well... I'm forgetting many and more :)

I really enjoy reading but i struggle to start tbh, i'll keep putting it off but once i start i'm addicted normally.

I like reading graphic novels if they count :P, mainly Batman but i have a few others like Punisher and Green Arrow. As for books i'm a fan of Tolkien but i'll be honest they're hard to read lol, i've finished the Hobbit a few times and FOTR but around half way through TTT as the Treebeard stuff done my head in. Then my taste leaves fantasy and goes into biography's which i often pick up if i see them cheap, i really enjoyed Gerrards (1st), Carraghers and Fowlers and i would recommended them.

I really enjoy reading but i struggle to start tbh, i'll keep putting it off but once i start i'm addicted normally.

I like reading graphic novels if they count :P, mainly Batman but i have a few others like Punisher and Green Arrow. As for books i'm a fan of Tolkien but i'll be honest they're hard to read lol, i've finished the Hobbit a few times and FOTR but around half way through TTT as the Treebeard stuff done my head in. Then my taste leaves fantasy and goes into biography's which i often pick up if i see them cheap, i really enjoyed Gerrards (1st), Carraghers and Fowlers and i would recommended them.

Considering that we're close ages I would expect you to have said Harry Potter. Biggest series of our generation. Sadly I don't see it living on in the future :(

I've tried a few times but it never really interested me, the films on now as i'm eating my tea and not overly interested in them either lol.