Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 AlexP's 4-1-2-2-1

AlexP

AlexP's 4-1-2-2-1

In possession I want my team to play a free flowing style, using quick, high tempo passing. In defence I want lots of pressing, a high line and offside trap. I have tried to implement this the best I can with the tactic options available on FMH.

This tactic has brought me success with Chelsea, RC Lens, Porto, Boreham Wood and Barrow.

I have tweaked this tactic slightly, changing 3 player roles to make it more solid defensively. Changing the 2 central APM's for a CM and a BBM. This helps win the midfield battle. But I like to have a playmaker so I moved him out to the AMR position where he is flourishing finding extra time and space out wide.

Tweaked

The Formation/Player Roles
2ETQilC.png

Team Instructions
z9lE54v.png

Original

The Formation/Player Roles
LXBqNyz.png

Team Instructions
KsQIouH.png

RC Lens Test

AEdhRmG.png

French Cup
XVAJcph.png

Chelsea Test

cLONTag.png

Porto Test

RpsW6pE.png

Euro Cup Final
2NetLr0.png

Portugal Cup Final
FSnauOn.png

Boreham Wood Test

NkiHlKv.png

Barrow Test

g4lw1qV.png

Player Attribute Guide

As with all tactics you need to use or acquire players with the correct attributes to fit the roles or the tactic won't work. In FMH your team will be inconsistent and have poor results if you make to many signings, sell to many key players, change your starting line up to often or have a young and inexperienced squad. Also you need to give your squad time to adjust to a new tactic.

Goalkeeper
Primary attributes = agility, ariel ability, decisions, handling, reflexes. Secondary attributes = communication, teamwork.

Centre Backs
Standard solid defenders they will clear the ball if under pressure or pass to a teammate if they have time. Primary attributes = decisions, heading, positioning, strength, tackling, teamwork. Secondary attributes = aggression.

Wing Backs
Well rounded players who provide width. They run forward when the team is in possession and back when the ball is lost. Primary attributes = crossing, decisions, movement, pace, positioning, stamina, teamwork. Secondary attributes = tackling.

Deep Lying Midfielder
A defensive minded player who sits infront of the back 4 and makes well timed tackles and interceptions. He also gives the defence an easy passing option by finding space and likes to start attacks. Primary attributes = Decisions, passing, positioning, stamina, tackling, teamwork. Secondary attributes = strength, technique.

Central Midfielder
An all round player acting as a link between defence and attack. Primary attributes = decisions, movement, passing, positioning, stamina, teamwork, technique. Secondary attributes = tackling.

Box to Box Midfielder
Another all round player like the central midfielder only this player does more running bursting forward and tracking back. Primary attributes = decisions, movement, passing, positioning, stamina, teamwork, technique. Secondary attributes = tackling.

Inside Forward
This player will try to score and create. They cut inside and shoot or pass, sometimes beating their man on the outside and crossing. Primary attributes = decisions, movement, pace, passing, shooting technique. Secondary attributes = teamwork.

Advanced Playmaker
This player finds pockets of space to receive the ball and then attempts to create goalscoring chances. Primary attributes = creativity, decisions, movement, pace, passing, technique. Secondary attributes = teamwork.

Advanced Forward
This player not only looks to score but link up play and drag defenders out of position, creating space for teammates to exploit. Primary attributes = decisions, heading, movement, pace, shooting, stamina, technique. Secondary attributes = teamwork.

I use and recommend Dec's Intensive Training 2014 with this tactic. I use the general training regime on all outfield players as this has brought me the best training results.

If u get a player sent off, then play without an DMC (see pic below) and the team still seems to play ok.
ZHmI7pr.png

Please feel free to ask any questions or post feedback/results.

My striker never score goal/assist

What team are you? Who's the striker? How long you try the tactic for?

See below some screenshots of how my strikers performed

Chelsea

U9jYEb5.png

SOQoDR5.png

Porto

aKL14u2.png

eUHNGgY.png

e3jJxhS.png

Just completed a test with Boreham Wood. The board gave me a target to achieve a respectable league position. Won the league unbeaten.

Opening post updated with screenshots.

Just completed another test this time with Chelsea. I wanted to test this tactic in a top league. Easily won the Prem.

OP updated with screenshot.

Struggled with Guiseley in League 1 after straight promotions from Skrill North, Skrill Premier and League 2. Started to apply this tactic and went on a winning streak that got me promoted. It works really well. I'm now in PL and is doing well.

uDKQwv2.png

I use CM instead of APM and a AdvF instead of a Pcr. Against better teams I play balanced with good results.

Struggled with Guiseley in League 1 after straight promotions from Skrill North, Skrill Premier and League 2. Started to apply this tactic and went on a winning streak that got me promoted. It works really well. I'm now in PL and is doing well.uDKQwv2.png

I use CM instead of APM and a AdvF instead of a Pcr. Against better teams I play balanced with good results.

Glad its working for you Lazzari. Your career looks good.

Good post, but I didn't think an advanced playmaker would do defensive duties? Wouldn't a BBM be suited next to a APM in the middle?

Advanced playmakers in the CM position will track back. Attempting to close down the opposition, make interceptions and tackles.

2 APM's make this tactic more potent with their high creativity and regular killer passes. Also it's hard for the opposition to stop 2 playmakers.

I suppose the concern is that it's rare to find an APM that can tackle. I'd worry that they'd do a Scholes and get sent off for a terribly mistimed tackle :)

It looks like it works, though.

I suppose the concern is that it's rare to find an APM that can tackle. I'd worry that they'd do a Scholes and get sent off for a terribly mistimed tackle :)

It looks like it works, though.

As I said in the OP an all round, balanced player works well as they support the defence, but list attacking/technical attributes as the priority. There's plenty of central midfielders who have the important (playmaking) attributes I mention in the OP and are decent defensively.

You would only need to worry about them doing a Scholes if they have high aggression and low tackling.

Gonna give this a blast with my guiseley save

Ok, hope it brings you the same success I've had.

Not being a tactical genius or anything, what stats should I be looking at in a player for this formation to work?

Gonna give this a blast with my guiseley save

Ok, hope it brings you the same success I've had.

Not being a tactical genius or anything, what stats should I be looking at in a player for this formation to work?

See my player attribute guide in the OP. It lists the important stats for each player role in this tactic.

i have been using this tactic for over half a season and im just getting 1-0, or 1-1 very rarely 2-0.

i am managing Manchester United,

GK De Gea,

LB Santon, CB's Evans and Jones, RB Rafael

DCM Fellani/Carrick

CM, Gundogan/Kagawa, Rooney/ Gentner,

RW Harnik/Zaha LW Welbeck/kagawa/Bakkali

FW RVP, Hernandez/Rooney

i have also set the training as you suggested Decs Intensive training http://fmhvibe.co.uk/community/topic/18235-intensive-training-2014-released/

Any tips on how i can improve or what players are set on what training plan?? any help would be appreciated Thanks.

i have been using this tactic for over half a season and im just getting 1-0, or 1-1 very rarely 2-0.

GK De Gea,

DCM Fellani/Carrick

FW RVP, Hernandez/Rooney

i have also set the training as you suggested Decs Intensive training http://fmhvibe.co.uk/community/topic/18235-intensive-training-2014-released/

Any tips on how i can improve or what players are set on what training plan?? any help would be appreciated Thanks.

Where are Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Fletcher and Giggs? All very experienced and important leaders who fit perfectly into roles in this tactic. Carrick would be better as an APM with Fletcher as the other BWM. Also I would not play Rooney or Kagawa as APM's. There's better players in the squad suited to the role = Anderson, Cleverley, Giggs, Carrick and even Powell.

GK De Gea,

DCM Fellani/Carrick

FW RVP, Hernandez/Rooney

i have also set the training as you suggested Decs Intensive training http://fmhvibe.co.uk/community/topic/18235-intensive-training-2014-released/

Where are Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, Fletcher and Giggs? All very experienced and important leaders who fit perfectly into roles in this tactic. Carrick would be better as an APM with Fletcher as the other BWM. Also I would not play Rooney or Kagawa as APM's. There's better players in the squad suited to the role = Anderson, Cleverley, Giggs, Carrick and even Powell.

I NORMALLY SELL THESE PLAYERS TO BUY GUNDOGAN ETC PLUS A PERSONAL HATRED FOR CLEVERLY . BUT I WILL START A NEW SAVE AND SEE HOW THIS WORKS FOR ME, THANK YOU

GK De Gea,

DCM Fellani/Carrick

FW RVP, Hernandez/Rooney

I NORMALLY SELL THESE PLAYERS TO BUY GUNDOGAN ETC PLUS A PERSONAL HATRED FOR CLEVERLY . BUT I WILL START A NEW SAVE AND SEE HOW THIS WORKS FOR ME, THANK YOU

I forgot to ask what do you recommend i do with Rooney and Kagawa, as they cant fit any where else, yeah rooney can play up front but i want to keep RVP, Hernandez and welbeck cos they all score lots for me.

GK De Gea,

DCM Fellani/Carrick

FW RVP, Hernandez/Rooney

I forgot to ask what do you recommend i do with Rooney and Kagawa, as they cant fit any where else, yeah rooney can play up front but i want to keep RVP, Hernandez and welbeck cos they all score lots for me.

Kagawa has the attributes to play as an inside forward. You could play Welbeck as an inside forward or you need to sell 1 of those 4 strikers.

Can i just ask (not sure its its obvious to tell) but does your Advanced forward sometimes get stranded up alone? Or do the Inside forwards support?

The inside forwards and APM's do get close to support the advanced forward.

Here is some screen shots of my season so far using the tactic

Not a bad start at all, the only draw i have was 2-2 away to Chelsea

i have found a lot of teams play against me with a 4411 formation normally i do OK but if i have not scored by the 60th minute i change my
AD FWD to a Poacher if that fails (rarely does for me), i change to a 532 Attack formation, 

Here is some screen shots of my season so far using the tactic

Not a bad start at all, the only draw i have was 2-2 away to Chelsea

i have found a lot of teams play against me with a 4411 formation normally i do OK but if i have not scored by the 60th minute i change my

AD FWD to a Poacher if that fails (rarely does for me), i change to a 532 Attack formation,

Good results. I've recently started switching to long passing if I need a goal late in the game. Seems to work ok.

What did you change to get better results mate?

Read a few posts before. I gave him some advice on players. As with all tactics you need to use or buy players with the correct attributes to fit the roles or the tactic won't work.