Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 AlexP's 4-1-2-2-1

AlexP

AlexP's 4-1-2-2-1

In possession I want my team to play a free flowing style, using quick, high tempo passing. In defence I want lots of pressing, a high line and offside trap. I have tried to implement this the best I can with the tactic options available on FMH.

This tactic has brought me success with Chelsea, RC Lens, Porto, Boreham Wood and Barrow.

The Formation/Player Roles

ynrnfVg.png

Team Instructions

6CFkIlI.png

RC Lens Test

AEdhRmG.png

French Cup

XVAJcph.png

Chelsea Test

cLONTag.png

Porto Test

RpsW6pE.png

Euro Cup Final

2NetLr0.png

Portugal Cup Final

FSnauOn.png

Boreham Wood Test

NkiHlKv.png

Barrow Test

g4lw1qV.png

Player Attribute Guide

As with all tactics you need to use or buy players with the correct attributes to fit the roles or the tactic won't work. In FMH your team will be inconsistent and have poor results if you make to many signings, sell to many key players, change your starting line up to often or have a young and inexperienced squad.

Centre Backs

Just standard, solid defenders to add balance. Main attributes to look for are decisions, positioning, teamwork, tackling, strength and heading. Reasonable aggression and pace is also good for this role.

Wing Backs

Sprinting forward when the team is in possession and back when the ball is lost. Stamina, pace, movement, crossing, decisions, teamwork, and positioning are the vital attributes. Decent tackling, passing, dribbling and technique is an advantage.

Deep Lying Midfielder

A defensive minded player who sits infront of the back 4. He also gives the defence an easy passing option by finding space and likes to start attacks. Decisions, tackling, positioning, stamina, teamwork and passing. Strength and heading is a plus.

Advanced Playmakers

These players drop into pockets of space to receive the ball and look to create goal scoring chances. They also track back when the team is defending to form a solid 3 in midfield. Excellent attacking attributes are the priority = Decisions, teamwork, stamina, creativity, passing, technique, dribbling and movement.These attributes help = Strength, positioning, tackling and shooting.

Inside Forwards

They cut inside and shoot or pass, sometimes beating their man on the outside and crossing. Main attributes to look for are dribbling, movement, shooting, technique, pace, decisions, passing and crossing. Reasonable creativity and teamwork are an advantage.

Advanced Forward

This player not only looks to score but link up play and drag defenders out of position. Shooting, heading, movement, pace, decisions, strength, dribbling and technique are the vital attributes. Decent teamwork, creativity and passing is also good for this role.

I use and recommend Dec's Intensive Training 2014 with this tactic. I use the general training regime on all outfield players as this has brought me the best training results.

If u get a player sent off, then play without an DMC (see pic below) and the team still seems to play ok.

ZHmI7pr.png

Please feel free to ask any questions or post feedback/results.

You have wingers playing in the INF roles....does that make a huge difference?....do you know if players tactical role change to suit the formation?

The in game suggested roles are just a guide. If a player has the required attributes to play the role he'll usually do a good job.

The inside forward role can be creative as well as goal scoring. In this formation they will assist through passes and crosses.

Currently using this tactic with my Stoke team. Seems to work very well- certainly a lot better than the tactics I was using previously. Thanks for sharing them.

Currently using this tactic with my Stoke team. Seems to work very well- certainly a lot better than the tactics I was using previously. Thanks for sharing them.

You are welcome coxy101. Glad it's working for you

Do you suggest any signings for Boreham wood?

I usually pick up free agents when I'm managing a lower league team like Boreham Wood.

Sorry for late reply been working away.

@PalaceAllTheWay. If you used it with Middlesbrough how did it go?

@Rjgreeno. How long are you into the game? There is lots of possibilities as to why you are 6th. Did you make lots of changes to your squad? Sell experienced players or leaders?

Hi, great tactic, but i'm having problem with striker. In match report says : Lone striker was unable to find space and Lone striker unable to hold onto ball. How can i fix it? He can't score. I'm using advanced fwd. role and my striker is too advanced fwd.

Hi, great tactic, but i'm having problem with striker. In match report says : Lone striker was unable to find space and Lone striker unable to hold onto ball. How can i fix it? He can't score. I'm using advanced fwd. role and my striker is too advanced fwd.

Who are you playing at advanced fwd?

Here, it's player from academy:

dzi5u9.png

dzi5u9.png

I know the game describes him as an Advanced Forward but high pace is essential. Also the game favours headed goals so high heading and strength help a lot. Please use my player guide in the OP to get the best out of this tactic.

dzi5u9.png

I know the game describes him as an Advanced Forward but high pace is essential. Also the game favours headed goals so high heading and strength help a lot. Please use my player guide in the OP to get the best out of this tactic.

Ok, thank you. :)  I have one attacker who heading is 18 and pace 17. He too advanced fwd. :)

Hi.

I'm new on here but I just wanted to say thank you to Alex for this excellent tactic. I've had some real success using it.

I was just wondering, does it work as well with the latest update? I've not played for a while but I'm going to start a new career over the weekend.

I've heard that a few tactics don't work as well with the latest update. Thanks in advance.

Hi.

I'm new on here but I just wanted to say thank you to Alex for this excellent tactic. I've had some real success using it.

I was just wondering, does it work as well with the latest update? I've not played for a while but I'm going to start a new career over the weekend.

I've heard that a few tactics don't work as well with the latest update. Thanks in advance.

You are welcome Richwhufc thanks, glad it's brought you success.

I've not played the game for a while due to work commitments. So if anybody has tried this tactic with the latest update, please let Rich know how it performed.

I know it's not long till the new game but i thought this might help someone till they get the new game so it's worth posting. I have tweaked this tactic slightly, changing 3 player roles to make it more solid defensively. Changing the 2 central APM's for a CM and a BBM. This helps win the midfield battle. But I like to have a playmaker so I moved him out to the AMR position where he is flourishing finding extra time and space out wide. I've updated the attribute guide in the OP.

The Formation/Player Roles

2ETQilC.png

Team Instructions

z9lE54v.png