Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Peely's Travelling Goal Machine - A 1K Challenge

Peely

I didn't go with Madrid in the end. There would have been some risk of not being able to afford Origi, but more importantly I wouldn't be able to sign him for about five months. Much as I want to get to Spain I couldn't miss that much potential goal scoring time.

I didn't go with Madrid in the end. There would have been some risk of not being able to afford Origi, but more importantly I wouldn't be able to sign him for about five months. Much as I want to get to Spain I couldn't miss that much potential goal scoring time.

well 5 months of playing is a long time so i guess you did the right thing

I think so, but it was a shame to miss the chance. The Real Madrid job hardly ever comes up. Then again, I'd like to unlock a place on the board in this career, which would mean staying at united for a few more years.

Season 11

divock+origi.jpg

As per my earlier post, this season featured a job offer from Real Madrid, which I turned down with a heavy heart, but with Origi seeming to have finally settled in to life in the Premier League, I was feeling more inclined to hang around at United for a bit longer.

My transfer dealings were limited, but pricey:

XzNfwVV.png

Costa was Man City's star goal keeper and they weren't keen to let him go, but with De Gea getting a little old, I needed to bring in a quality long-term replacement. The unpronounceable Polish wing back will, I hope, one day be able to step into Corchia's hefty boots. For the time being, however, I sent him on loan to gain some experience.

Not shown is the tasty Brazilian left back that will hopefully replace Alex Sandro.

The season looked like this:

PzhY9rs.png

Excellent.

0CViYzt.png

Doumbia, you numpty!

KDyd8AQ.png

I hate penalty shoot outs.

j79zlj7.png

Kerblam!

I seem to have forgotten to take a screenshot of the league table. Once again it was painfully close, but this time it was Chelsea's turn to run me ragged. I won by four points on the last day of the season.

With two great seasons in the bag, I was anxious to see whether Origi could carry on at that level:

d227Qrn.png

Still the best.

A490se3.png

qmCjWob.png

KBaEHoO.png

Good lad.

Me:

02iRg2Y.png

Only 5th? I feel insulted.

gG6YDLm.png

SgeIzPd.png

I had not seen a single international job come up over the course of this career, so was a little annoyed when I saw this:

JIia3cR.png

I swear it was never mentioned in the newsfeed.

Cheated out of the job I really wanted at international level, I jumped on the next one to come along. Which footballing powerhouse did I take charge of, you ask?

GX1quqh.png

Oh yes. Fear my Welsh warriors!

The pick of the results from my first part season in charge was this:

TFWQ18A.png

Should have been a win.

Another good season for Origi. If he can avoid serious injury, this should be very doable.

Progress

Games Played: 518

Goals Scored: 733

Goals Required: 267

The Bernard Voorhoof Challenge

International Goals: 45/30

Goals scored in World Cup: 3/2

Goals scored at club level: 733/350

I've just completed the next season, so I'll try to get another update done reasonably soon. If you want to encourage, question or just abuse me for still being at United, please feel free :)

Season 12

divock+origi.jpg

Back to back updates with no comments in between? I'm sorely diappointed ;)

I'm starting to feel a bit more confident in Origi's chances with this challenge, but he turns 30 this season, so I'm concious that age could soon be dulling his skills. I hope to be able to squeeze at least a couple of top quality seasons out of him before he gets his bus pass, though.

My transfer consisted of a couple of central defenders to cover for Smalling and Jones, who are getting very long in the tooth, and an AMC to provide some backup for the ageing Stanciu:

qUlWWo3.png

It was a season of very mixed fortunes:

5IOA4XV.png

What a fantastic debut from my new and very expensive defender :angry:

6C8sfLc.png

More shinies!

oJBwcl1.png

Disaster.

phVsOoC.png

My favourite competition.

hWdV9iL.png

I really hate penalty shoot outs.

VWz7cxG.png

Total domination.

YpdTTnR.png

92 points an I only come second? Arsenal just refused to drop points and on the odd occasion that they did, my boys decided to copy them. Not very happy...

Could Divock make it four great seasons in a row:

yzhmDwG.png

Golden balls everywhere.

GpkTqOi.png

4eac6MY.png

Xb6lGo6.png

He's a star.

Somehow I managed not to take any screenshots of my own stats. Oh well, here's Origi's favourite team mate instead:

JEIatl7.png

I didn't even realise who this was until a couple of seasons after I signed him. Just wasn't paying attention at all :)

FUGGBU8.png

What a guy.

Result of the season for Wales:

ULNxthr.png

Shame it was just a friendly.

Still looking good. If Origi can avoid getting old and slow for a bit longer, this should be relatively straightforward.

Progress

Games Played: 574

Goals Scored: 823

Goals Required: 177

International Goals: 53/30

Goals scored in World Cup: 3/2

Goals scored at club level: 823/350

I'll probably be updating again after the weekend. It would be lovely if there were some comments to break things up a bit ;)

Three seasons it'll be done imo :D

I'm inclined to agree, as long as his legs don't fall off or something. I don't think he's had a single injury since that terrible season, so I'm keeping my fingers, and everything else, crossed.

What a career, getting so close now! What I'd love to see is you taking him back to Ajaz when he's 37, and seeing how many he can score, try and stop him from retiring as much as possible, even after you've scored 1K with him! Love to see him at like 43 still putting balls in the back of the net.

What a career, getting so close now! What I'd love to see is you taking him back to Ajaz when he's 37, and seeing how many he can score, try and stop him from retiring as much as possible, even after you've scored 1K with him! Love to see him at like 43 still putting balls in the back of the net.

Thanks. I'd very much like to take Origi back to Ajax once he's old, but it relies on the job coming up at the right time. I may have to make do with another Dutch club, or maybe even take hime home to Belgium...

Season 13

divock+origi.jpg

The thirteenth season of this career. lets hope Origi isn't superstitious. Last season was a cracker and Origi is still looking hale and hearty; hopefully this one will be more of the same

My transfers consisted of a couple of young Welshmen of dubious quality, a young Belgian midfielder who looked quite a lot like Felaini, a top-notch Uruguyan striker to replace the retired Danny Wellbeck, another expensive defender and a Spanish midfielder. The keen eyed among you may also note the departure of my big signing of the previous season, at a significant loss. Ortiz was a liability: he spent most of his time injured and when he did play he got sent off. Arsenal are welcome to him:

tfK7ZIs.png

Last season was a mixed bag for the team. This one was a bit better:

m8joYdg.png

Origi came here to hand out ass-kickings and lollipops and he's all out of lollipops.

a56tyG0.png

Another goal-fest.

rG8Xr8l.png

Nice.

9EpXWu8.png

Really nice.

oqVTY1C.png

A bit nerve-wracking.

JhKuRgA.png

Back where we belong.

Origi started the season really well, but tailed off a bit towards the end. Could he carry on the success of the last four seasons?:

rvtuiE0.png

k2Yot0r.png

Standard

Z6kWTMg.png

Eek! Blue is creeping into his physical stats. Old age doesn't come alone.

QYJqCbc.png

But that didn't stop him scoring.

Origi's a fickle chap: he'll be friends with anyone who provides plenty of assists. His friend of the season was:

cEQt2uQ.png

This one's a slightly less obvious regen, but he did play for me in his original form, too. Imaginary cookies for the first to spot who he is.

RXL4qZV.png

Here are my stats:

qo8yHsb.png

VvtVrd2.png

A clean sweep.

T1tAQSc.png

And the Welsh news:

DRJtgIO.png

Bah! Pretty good for Wales, though.

7qCra73.png

Nice work.

byRcDxF.png

Cheeky blighters!

It was also time for another World Cup. How did Origi do?:

yEvYZav.png

Just the one this time. I wonder if he'll still be around for the next one.

Origi's getting very close to his target: I can almost smell it.

Progress

Games Played: 631

Goals Scored: 908

Goals Required: 92

International Goals: 57/30

Goals scored in World Cup: 4/2

Goals scored at club level: 908/350

Season 14

divock+origi.jpg

I've got a bit ahead of my updates, so here's another one, to get things back up to date:

I forgot to take a picture of my transfers. I don't think there was a lot going on though, to be honest. I still had £102 million left at the end of the season.

We had a lot to live up to after the all conquering domination of the previous season. Surely we couldn't repeat the success:

UfeS0hY.png

No. No we can't. Bloody penalties and look who missed.

HYWMyz1.png

Grrr!

hpZXENr.png

Only one goal in the Club World Championship final? Something is very wrong here. At least we won.

NzjUPPN.png

Things are looking up.

TXXflqr.png

Poor.

gb331C0.png

Just enough.

53yDVOH.png

Another dominant season.

With age starting to catch up on him and a slow end to the previous season, I was a bit concerned about how Origi would perform:

1EJXbeD.png

Still number 1, but can he keep it up?

Vw3xejE.png

ziH0grA.png

The aging process continues, but at least it's happening quite slowly so far.

QX5V7hl.png

It's good, but it looks like his best days are behind him.

Origi loved Cedric last season, but this year it was all about Mario again:

xA4VYrN.png

My stats:

Wmjib36.png

6HQ3bHR.png

44wvVH4.png

The Welsh update:

mr3Z5rt.png

Looking good so far. We're currently ranked 50th in the world, up 20 odd places since I took over.

Progress

Games Played: 691

Goals Scored: 974

Goals Required: 26

International Goals: 62/30

Goals scored at club level: 974/350

The observant among you will spot that, under the rules of the challenge, Origi has succeded in becoming a 1k hero. However, I want to complete this with club goals alone, so I'll be pressing on. I dare say I'll be carrying on beyond that as well, seeing how many Origi can get before he retires and, hopefully, doing a bit more travelling after our long stay in England.

Is it Patrice Evra (I want the cookies)

Afraid not. His positions haven't changed in the regen process, he's just not a very well know player.

Could be frank berrier :)

You're probably quite brave because im a pussy, i had a thing in my head that it had to be the legend himself but then you do the brave thing and get the cookies BAH! anyway here's him on mine

ZcWcJNR.png

His tackling and pos was 1 and 4 last year so still didnt get capped for France and Robert is still in the subs bench! Look right at the bottom of my career and you'll see that he had a drastic drop from ballon dor second runner up lol Goodto see his successor is a French hero and hopefully he'll credit his second 'father' if you know what i mean ;)

Any way congrats on the 1k! would be interesting to see how much youre gonna end up with

Could be frank berrier :)

You're probably quite brave because im a pussy, i had a thing in my head that it had to be the legend himself but then you do the brave thing and get the cookies BAH! anyway here's him on mine

His tackling and pos was 1 and 4 last year so still didnt get capped for France and Robert is still in the subs bench! Look right at the bottom of my career and you'll see that he had a drastic drop from ballon dor second runner up lol Goodto see his successor is a French hero and hopefully he'll credit his second 'father' if you know what i mean ;)

Any way congrats on the 1k! would be interesting to see how much youre gonna end up with

Thanks. Berrier is a great player, his only problem being his age, so I was very happy to find Berrier Mark II. In truth, Bamba's generally my second choice on the right wing after a Dutch regen (might be Robben), but since Dutchy is a bit injury prone he gets plenty of games.

Solid effort! 24 more goals to go! Be sure to post the match where he beats the 1K challenge. I'm excited for his future. What would he be like back at Ajax, or maybe in Belgium? I saw the Anderlecht job could be up for grabs :D Keep it up!

Solid effort! 24 more goals to go! Be sure to post the match where he beats the 1K challenge. I'm excited for his future. What would he be like back at Ajax, or maybe in Belgium? I saw the Anderlecht job could be up for grabs :D Keep it up!

Thanks. I have the feeling it will be another season or two before he's old enough to agree to a move to Belgium or Holland. It's a shame because the Ajax manager is in danger of losing his job at the moment and it would be nice to go back there for the end of Origi's career.

Season 15

divock+origi.jpg

Now that Origi has completed the 1,000 goal challenge surely he can relax, kick back a bit and wind down to his eventual retirement; he's getting on a bit after all...

Of course he can't, he still needs to get 1,000 club goals and even when that's finished, I plan to play him until he drops :D

I had a frugal season as far as transfers were concerned, but managed to snag a couple of Bosman bargains in Pozuela and Soriano, an AMC and a defensive midfielder respectively. I think they're going to play key roles in the future (if I stick around at United for long enough):

dRXmcA8.png

Last season was pretty good, but I wanted this one to be better:

WlWy2Ah.png

Another penalty shootout to decide the Community Shield, but this time we came out on top.

vrr4LWu.png

No need for a shootout in the Super Cup. Origi was on fine form.

OZ1woH6.png

A Divock and Mario masterclass in the Club World Championship final.

CftHQ5o.png

More penalties and another piece of silverware.

dJmZobB.png

Arsenal must really hate us.

HLTFX5R.png

Arsenal must really, really hate us.

rpbLvVb.png

Total annihilation.

Origi only needed 26 goals to hit the 1k mark at club level. Surely that wouldn't pose any problem for the prolific Belgian?:

UDEpc8n.png

Meira thoroughly deserved it, but you have to wonder if Origi's reign as king of the golden balls is over.

qMHUHNP.png

Arsenal thugs! At least it was right at the end of the season.

O2JAzEv.png

Still the king of the Premier League.

EXkDrL0.png

He's still holding up really well.

ZMenCS9.png

A very decent season.

I'm afraid I didn't keep track of which game he scored his 1,000th club goal in.

Given Meira's triumph in the Ballon D'Or, you can probably guess who kept Origi supplied with assists this season:

nwCXiPU.png

Monster, monster!

My stats:

LbeivQn.png

Kmld1dO.png

Another clean sweep.

TqZPip1.png

I also got the recognition I deserved, at last:

P9Xragp.png

The end of the season saw us bidding a fond farewell to one of my favourite players, but every cloud has a silver-lining:

kQ2bni4.png

Farewell Seb.

Hmm, the wife's looking a little portly:

0Z62LZs.png

SY0h7kC.png

Congratulations, it's a bouncing, baby ball-winning midfielder. Love the name, not so keen on the stats.

The Welsh update:

We qualified for the Euros, despite another disappointing result against England:

QpyoSBM.png

Particularly irritating, since Pope is a product of the United youth set-up.

A great result against Ukraine though:

TES6rKI.png

Our star striker:

2NkKxqe.png

Anfield Squirrel will be pleased :)

The table:

L5v60yT.png

The Euros themself were a mixed bag: we won the first two group games to proceed to the second round, where we came up against France:

ofY8Zxy.png

Et tu Cedric? Well, at least I fulfilled the Welsh FA's expectations.

Progress

Games Played: 746

Goals Scored: 1,043

Goals Required: Nil

International Goals: 64/30

Goals scored at club level: 1,043/350

1,000 club goals in the bag, but Origi is far from finished. Will he stay at United or will he follow his manager to a fresh challenge? Will Leandro Van Frankenwalk ever make anything of himself? Can Origi reclaim his crown as World Player of the Year? Tune in next time to find out.

In the mean time, comments would be lovely :)

Yayyy Peely :D

Nice to see you Calling up Killie players :P

Well, there's not a whole lot of choice available as manager of Wales :D The only decent player I have left is Giggs' regen. Goodness knows where Bale and Ramsey have gone. I fear they may have switched nationalities.

Nice :D just the inspiration I need to get one done myself :P

Congratz :)

Thanks chaps.

I do enjoy the 1k Challenge, but I look forward to trying something a little different next. I have a couple of ideas, I just have to see if they work out :)

I think there might be a few more seasons of Origi before that, though.

Hmm hats off to you if you carry on, 13 seasons is probably about my limit. It's not like you're gonna achieve anything with that son if yours :lol: he looks like he may be the runt of your litter :P

Hmm hats off to you if you carry on, 13 seasons is probably about my limit. It's not like you're gonna achieve anything with that son if yours :lol: he looks like he may be the runt of your litter :P

Poor little Leandro, it's not his fault he was born with his legs on backwards.

If I move to Belgium or Holland he may be good enough to play the odd game :P