Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Peely's Travelling Goal Machine - A 1K Challenge

Peely

Season 16

divock+origi.jpg

Season 15 was a cracking one for both United and Origi, but I'm definitely starting to get itchy feet. Now that I've got all the unlockables I need from United I'm keen to move on. Sadly no sutiable jobs came up during this season, so it was another year at Old Trafford.

I didn't sign a single player this season: I just didn't need anyone.

Here's how the season went:

AN5Cyki.png

A bit boring, but it got the job done.

vxJ2Bkg.png

Another penalty shootout, another trophy.

x6fMDic.png

Another Club World Championship to add to the list.

YpMfVkj.png

Always nice to beat our arch-rivals in a final.

InHFGvx.png

Another poke in the eye for City.

EbwEX2I.png

Disaster.

iK4eq4z.png

Solid, but I ended the season with a draw and two losses, so it should have been so much better.

Origi has already achieved his targets, so anything he gets from here on in is a bonus:

el9Qgfh.png

The old man's not done yet.

DtiRQSv.png

There can be only one!

IpQIMrd.png

Still looking good.

vRoGo0q.png

Astounding, all things considered.

Once again, Mario Meira had a cracking season:

zeljxNc.png

But it ended on a rather sour note:

j7MYn4H.png

Noooooo!

My stats:

bQWRc9C.png

fkkaBwG.png

JqMQTut.png

I'd sent my son away on loan this season, but I kept him reasonably close to home. He didn't do too badly:

iBoiXIH.png

The Welsh update:

apLjLnG.png

Boom!

That result put us at the top of our qualifying goup at the half-way stage. Hopefully we can continue the success next season.

Progress

Games Played: 796

Goals Scored: 1,116

Goals Required: Nil

The Bernard Voorhoof Challenge

International Goals: 69/30

Goals scored in World Cup: 4/2

Goals scored at club level: 1,116/350

So, another largely successful season at United. Hopefully next season will see some new employment opportunities, because it really feels like there's nothing much left for me to do in the Premier League. With Origi hitting 34, I'm hoping he'll be open to a move to a slightly smaller club.

As always, comments would be nice ;)

Still going strong

He's certainly holding up better than Pedro did. I'm hoping for another three or four years :)

Magic :D

Thanks. Shame about the Champions Cup :(

Meh going awful.

:P

Yup, truly dreadful :D

Season 17

divock+origi.jpg

It's fair to say that, by the start of the 17th season, my feet were getting so itchy that my wife was convinced I had some sort of fungal infection. I had my eyes peeled for a decent opportunity, when an interesting news item dropped into my inbox:

5HsD727.png

This must surely be fate.

I applied immediately and it didn't take too long for a response to come through:

yDQThkR.png

Yes, please!

My arival at the Amstedam ArenA was like a home-coming, even if there was only one player from my previous stint left to welcome me back: the now veteran goalkeeper, Jack Butland:

DpR2ayh.png

Still looking pretty decent for an oldie.

The Ajax team had some talented players but was woefully under-staffed, with very few backup players. I'd need to engage in some heavy transfer activity to build a squad to survive the season. Of course, there was one player in particular, that I needed to bring back:

il4jqtv.png

I had to strain the clubs wage structure to the limit to get Origi to agree to the move, he ended up on £75k a week more than he was earning at United, but I was confident he would be worth it.

My other transfer dealings:

YogT6Xv.png

7faFdZX.png

Obviously the son had to come with me. United wanted a pretty penny for him, but I was happy to pay up. The rest of the signings are of limited interest, although you'll see that Bamba also joined me on my move. Stanciu came along at the half way point of the season, too; he's even older than Origi, but still has some life in him. I think Yohann Puel may be Corchia's regen.

The board were excited to have me back, but it wasn't all flowers and teddy bears:

f7AkCBJ.png

I have a feeling we're not going to get along.

My first season back at Ajax went a little like this:

tL6Ibof.png

Fiddlesticks!

dUjCDu9.png

The shame!

uFvP0IV.png

No real point to this image, just good to see Origi, Bamba and Stanciu re-untied in the Eredivisie.

HFI8nw0.png

Infuriating. We dominated both legs, but struggled to score.

U7dRHCx.png

The league was never in any doubt. At least I won something.

I was looking forwrd to seeing what Origi could do in a relatively easy league:

cvViKP8.png

Origi didn't score on his debut, but made up for it in his second match.

GWH24ja.png

Not even in the running this year. It ended up going to Origi's former understudy at United.

jD5smwI.png

Indestructible!

hAGS31f.png

Oh.

tHn8hT1.png

Cheeky devils.

BtoRTfC.png

The injury cost him a few matches, so a reasonabe enough performance.

Origi's personal assist machine:

X8qzaOl.png

My stats:

4znpUa4.png

Almost a billion spent on players :)

pwB768b.png

zCGLX89.png

The boy:

j8q0Jk2.png

p3BCzlS.png

Moving to an easier league gave me the chance to get Leandro on the pitch. He did fairly well, really.

kVG6x2h.png

His first goal.

Y7NJ43l.png

The assistant likes him (or maybe just fears for his job). Joe Carson is a decent player, though.

Despite a few hiccups, Wales managed to qualify for the World Cup. Exciting times for my Welsh wizards:

Bqdcu0B.png

A great result in a tricky group.

Unfortunately the second round saw us pitted against Brazil. We put up a fine performance, but the Brazillian forwards took their chances better than my rag-tag squad and we were soon two goals down. My boys weren't ready to give up their World Cup dreams just yet, however, and managed to fight back to 2:2. When Brazil had a player sent off with sixteen minutes to go, I could feel a historic victory on the cards... but the dastardly South Americans crushed our dreams with a late goal. It endeed 3:2 but I was proud of the way we'd played.

hJF8znu.png

Origi also made it to his fifth World Cup, a mighty achievment, but didn't score.

Progress

Games Played: 827

Goals Scored: 1,162

International Goals: 72/30

Goals scored at club level: 1,162/350

Despite the rather poor first season back at Ajax, I'm overjoyed with the move. With a bit of strategic transfer activity, I'm hoping for a better showing next season. With a bit of Luck, Origi can have a few good years in Holland to round off his career.

Please chip in with any thoughts, questions etc. etc.

Leandro's actually looking like he may come good :)

Yes, there's hope for him yet. He even got called up to the Belgian national team. Didn't play, but it was a nice little treat for him :)

Wow how've you managed to keep this going?! :P

Your son is looking good as previously stated, hopefully you get a nice more few goals out Origi :)

There are a few things that have kept me interested in this:

1. Origi is still doing well and his stats are holding up nicely. It seems like he has plenty of life left in him and I want to see what he can achieve.
  2. This is the first career where I've had the option to move around and it's helped to keep things fresh. Moving from Ajax to United and then back to Ajax makes it seem like three separate careers.
  3. Leandro! :D

Can you tell me what tactic that you use ? If you don't want to tell me the tactic it's okay mate :D

Sorry if my english is bad, i'm from Indonesia :D

Your English seems pretty good to me :)

The tactic is:

GK

Wbk     CTR     CTR     Wbk

Wng     BBM     BWM     Wng

APM

Pcr

Attacking

Short

Pressing

Offside Trap On

I switch to direct passing and balanced mentality if things aren't going my way.

I haven't given up on this yet, just being lazy with the updates. The next one is ready to be posted and I've almost finished the following season too.

I'll try to get something posted tonight.

Season 18

divock+origi.jpg

My first season at Ajax had been rather under-whelming, but now that the team had started to gel (and with a few more signings to add some quality in depth) I felt optimistic as the new season began.

My transfer dealings looked like this:

k5ZrcNf.png

08HpXm7.png

A number of players were surplus to requirements and were packed off to new homes. Notable signings were Dominguez, an exciting young Spanish forward with dual Welsh nationality (sadly I couldn't persuade him to join the Welsh national team), Rueda, a bargain freebie winger and Reina, a promising young keeper to replace Old Man Butland.

Here are the highlights from the season:

RSqx7Qg.png

A great start to the season.

The Dutch Cup saw some great matches:

NridX7Y.png

SBz6O7e.png

But ended with heartache:

KU10P9a.png

My son sent off, Origi injured and losing on penalties. The horror!

zTfuZw5.png

A dominant display in the league.

CPXaKzM.png

European glory for Ajax, even if it did take a wingback to score the only goal.

Origi hadn't been particularly impressive last season, but at his age you can't expect too much...:

L4Zw42C.png

Blatant ageism! The winner had an average rating of about 7.6 and had scored roughly a goal a game. Origi, on the other hand:

Y1m3h3w.png

1ebc6vP.png

a8s6Lwf.png

Still looking good.

ebDuR8D.png

Origi's supplier of goaly goodness:

Jao19GB.png

0DodESk.png

Not sure who he is, but he's quality.

My stats:

ia0v7VU.png

jmWZU3x.png

sskGBK4.png

Leandro:

EpkQqJo.png

Yay! International star.

rmGlxsi.png

Another decent season.

In Welsh news, we fared pretty well in the qualifiers for the European Championship, but there wasn't anything particularly noteworthy to report.

Progress

Games Played: 866

Goals Scored: 1,239

International Goals: 76/30

Goals scored at club level: 1,239/350

Origi still shows no signs of tiring, so it looks like I'll be going for another couple of seasons, at least. I'm fairly certain that 1,500 goals is unachievable (at least on club goals alone), but I look forward to seeing how many he can get before he drops.

Going fantastic :D

Thanks, he's certainly a fighter, to still be performing well at 36. I suspect his "hardworking" personality helps to keep him fit.

I would think the regen is James Rodrigez :)

That sounds likely. I was struggling to think of any world-class Colombians.

Agreed on 1500 being possible, and if he achieves it soon, who knows? 1750?

2,000 goals or bust! If I count international goals he may just about manage 1,500, but it would still need another three decent seasons, I think. He'd be 39 by the end :O

I have tested your 4-4-1-1 with derby and I screwed qpr in 1st league game , thanks for showing us formation

Glad it's doing well for you. I always feel it's a bit boring and standard, but it's worked very well for me.

Season 19

divock+origi.jpg

When I started this career, 18 seasons earlier, I never thought that Origi would still be going strong at this stage, but he is and therefore my quest continues.

It was quite a busy season for transfers:

t5N0nsT.png

Kruys was a rather expensive purchase, particularly given that he's notoriously injury prone, but he's a great player when he's fit and was unhappy at United, so I took the chance to bring him back to his homeland.

Here are the highlights from the season:

rRkgHGi.png

Not a great start.

h4MmXPq.png

Bah!

8akf3Ne.png

Better.

HHe4myc.png

Worse.

cTZX8eJ.png

Even worse. I hate penalties.

GOeme0s.png

A predictable result in the league.

Old man Origi did well last season, but just how long could he keep going?:

He's well out of the running for the Ballon D'Or these days.

JwJ0v4A.png

Still king of the Eredivisie, though.

W1IXRWl.png

Age is starting to leave its mark.

0bDhq4S.png

Still doing quite well, though.

Mr Assists:

lNRh3dD.png

408anwA.png

My stats:

l11ARhD.png

El98E3S.png

Wumqwlw.png

Leandro:

fOttcJL.png

LMX2PO2.png

He's pretty consistent, anyway.

7BANrp1.png

The Welsh Report:

We got to the European Cup, but put in a fairly dismal display in the group stage, with two losses and a win. Somehow we still managed to make it through to the knockout stages, where we faced the might of Italy:

3w8k6DP.png

A heroic performance.

In the next round we faced Spain, who had already beaten us in the group stage. It had been a fairly close match, though, so my brave dragons went into the match with a glimmer of hope:

dXZIo5t.png

Sad, but predictable.

I was proud of my team, but I had already decided, before the tournament began, that I had taken Wales as far as was possible and that it was time to move on. I left them ranked 20th in the world, fifty places higher than I had found them, and had taken them to the knockout stages of three tournaments. This with a team that would have struggled in League 1.

yRAmUMC.png

Feeling like a new challenge I looked at the job listings and spotted something that made my eyes light up:

5XzJeEH.png

XysBQUO.png

It must be fate.

It wasn't a moment too soon, either, since Origi had just been dropped by the Belgian team. Time for him to make a comeback, I think :)

Progress

Games Played: 915

Goals Scored: 1,299

International Goals: 78/30

Goals scored at club level: 1,299/350

With international matches taken into account, Origi has played more than 1,000 matches and he's still plugging away. I feel that 1,000 club matches is more than achievable.

My final target for Origi is 100 international goals, which should be achievable, now that I have control of the Belgian team. I have a sneaky feeling that Leandro may be playing a more significant role at international level, too ;)

Season 20

divock+origi.jpg

20 years of Origi. Surely he can't go on much longer. He must be eyeing a pundit role on Belgium's version of Match of the Day by now, but if he is, he's not letting on. The Origi never tires!

My transfer dealings weren't particularly noteworthy:

N7GBe6i.png

Micu was probably most interesting, being the second coming of Stanciu.

The club had a decent season:

BYOrG65.png

Much better than last season.

3pjcCai.png

Mine, all mine!

pVABq3V.png

Still a star at 38.

meB2PKh.png

Another undefeated season in the League, but this time we were undefeated in all other competitions, too.

Origi managed to find some time between gardening, attending tea dances and watching Countdown to play a bit of football:

No awards this season.

mk2pHkr.png

aUVstuo.png

Pretty good.

Y5Zqb2V.png

Aw, thanks Divock.

hso4P4G.png

Five more years :)

Pozuelo was once again the king of assists:

UvT6Igj.png

My stats:

5PSRzuU.png

vg48enR.png

n9oayye.png

BONqmAE.png

XXEof2y.png

I'm in demand, but I'm not going anywhere.

Leandro:

0GrFw2m.png

GyF1T1E.png

What a monster.

9ahG1OW.png

He's a good boy.

Belgium:

My first act as Belgium manager was to boot some useless striker out of the squad and bring Origi back in. The press seemed a little taken aback:

JWkTomf.png

He'll prove his worth, just wait and see.

My first competitive match in charge:

MHoeY50.png

Both of my boys made me proud.

The rest of the qualifying matches went much the same way and Belgium ended the season at the top of their group, not only undefeated, but having avoided conceding a single goal. There are still a few more matches to come next year, but it looks like Origi may make it to his sixth World Cup!

Progress

Games Played: 959

Goals Scored: 1,355

International Goals: 92/30

Goals scored at club level: 1,355/350

Origi is within striking distance of 1,500 goals, 1,000 club appearances and 100 international goals. It would be nice to get all three finished next season, but it might be a push, with Origi slowly losing his sting. He may have signed a five year contract, but I can't imagine he'll stick around to the end of it: he'd be 43! Hopefully I still have enough time for him to finish off his tragets before he goes.

On a side note, I tweaked my tactic this season, changing the BBM into an APM. It seems to have worked niceley and the APM does really well, as can be seen by Leandro's performance this season (despite having totally inappropriate stats for the role).

I'd welcome any comments :)

This is awesome!!

Thanks very much :)

If Origi is rated at 10k, what's stopping a lower league club buying him and going for the 2k? ;)

His salary, mainly :P I'm not sure he'd agree to go to a tiny club anyway. He's very particular about where he plays ;)

When he retires you should keep playing till the 30 years are up :)

If he carries on much longer I think I may have to. It'll give me a chance to see how Leandro's career progresses, too.

This is great, just spent the last hour going through all of the seasons.

Should really do a bit of work now!

Thanks very much and sorry for distracting you from your work :D