Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Peely's Travelling Goal Machine - A 1K Challenge

Peely

Great work, just read the whole thing. If Origi had have retired earlier, you'd be a chance of a double 1k :)

Thanks. I'm glad Origi lasted as long as he did, but he didn't leave me much time to work with his son. With a bit of luck I may manage 300 goals with him and I suppose 100 international goals isn't entirely beyond the bounds of possibility.

Gutting you won't be able to to hit the 1k with the original players regen. That would've been the best end to the best career :lol:

I find in interesting that nearly 30 years down the line Barca and Real are still challenging for the title. Would've expected some sort of shot of power :/

Barca seem to be a bit of a spent force and haven't been particularly strong over the last couple of seasons, but real Madrid are still a pain to play against. I've noticed that much more in this year's game: the big clubs stay big and competitive far more than they used to.

Season 27

Another season has come and gone and time is starting to feel quite limited. I find myself signing promising youngsters, then realising that I'll be retired before they come anywhere near to reaching their true potential. On the subject of transfers, here are my dealings for the season:

aFIRQfL.png

wLNO5bD.png

Didot is an amazing French wingback and Ibanez is one of my old Ajax players. I think I've mentioned him in a previous update, but he's a versatile wide player who is probably Juan Bernat's regen. Javier Lopez is one of those youngsters I was talking about. He already looks great at 17, so would no doubt develop to be world class. I'm sure he'll play his part over the next few seasons, anyway.

The season went like this:

s5ciklv.png

A good start to the season, with Didot showing why he's worth £45 million and Narsingh getting a hat-trick.

xEp9f0d.png

Nice to beat one of my old clubs. Is it suspicious that the two players who were sent off are former proteges of mine? Thanks lads ;)

36bY0Hh.png

Horrifying. I struggled terribly against Real Madrid all season.

vdMH4Q8.png

Another terrible disappointment.

T06EaRm.png

It was good to win the league, especially with Real Madrid and Barcelona pushed down to third and fourth, but a very unsatisfying season in general, with a number of heavy losses to my main competitors. I was just more consistent than them at beating the weak sides.

My Stats:

D9zg7gt.png

rScUyEW.png

FbzOwkp.png

It seems I forgot to take pictures of Leandro. He looks much the same as ever and had a decent season, if not spectacular.

Narsingh:

pSeTWnY.png

3S2o0Re.png

Not quite up to last year's standard, but pretty good, nonetheless.

6xN0T71.png

He's inherited his daddy's golden balls.

CuzSSMN.png

Top assister of the season went to...

FGbQGWt.png

What a monster.

6wquuTf.png

This year saw another European Championship come round:

Belgium were drawn in a potentially tricky group with Portugal, Greece and Sweden:

Ux2VuHD.png

We were quite lucky to get the draw against Portugal, but the other matches were routine.

The second round saw us pitted against Croatia:

9ZB88Mc.png

A great performance from my two main men.

And the Quarter Finals were against the Czech Republic:

MjqzCL4.png

Hat-trick hero!

After a relatively easy run, so far, the Semis saw us face a sterner test in the form of Germany:

uZRPfzM.png

Boo. Germany went on to win, so I suppose we lost to the best team.

I only have one more major international tournament left, which will see Belgium attempt to defend the World Cup. That should be interesting, since many of my key players are looking pretty old, so at best I'll have a lot of talented youths in the team.

I'm hoping to have more success against the big teams next season: it would be nice to give Real Madrid a kicking. I think I'll need to bring in some more quality players for that, particularly since a group of my players threw a strop near the end of the season and want transfers. They were generally recent back-up signings or fringe players, so I won't miss them.

Three more seasons to go. I hope you'll all stick with me :)

This is getting emotional :( it's something I've never done or had interested but you're going a long way to inspiring me :lol: not looking forward to this finishing tbh.

Also, I've struggled with everything after 10 years with CDS, I hope to god you don't have the same after this.

This is getting emotional :( it's something I've never done or had interested but you're going a long way to inspiring me :lol: not looking forward to this finishing tbh.

Also, I've struggled with everything after 10 years with CDS, I hope to god you don't have the same after this.

I haven't had any issues so far, but perhaps I should start alternating between two save slots. I would be rather upset if I lost this career before the end.

Be right back, crying in the corner :(

This has been epic, hope you finish.

Thanks. I've been playing this save for almost three and a half months. It will be odd to move on to something else.

Absolute class! Amazing how well you've committed yourself to it.

Thanks very much. It hasn't felt like hard work at all. When I've started to get a bit bored I've just moved clubs :)

This has been just LEGENDARY! Written into the stars and will be talked about for years to come I bet!

Thanks very much. I'm glad you've enjoyed it :)

Oh, the envy.

Only three more seasons for you to endure :)

Season 28

Last season was okay, but there was room for improvement, especially against the big teams. With only three seasons left of my career I wanted to stamp Atletico's dominance on La Liga and Europe:

Plenty of transfer activity, again, in my drive to build a trully world class team:

1BFAdWo.png

Z7okb6K.png

A record signing in Oliveira, who you may remember from my time at Ajax. I didn't really need him, but I was sick of playing against him. He is, of course, CR7 MkIII.

5T8vY6I.png

A nice pre-season warm-up for Narsingh.

oHbf3xL.png

Disappointing.

WtatL6A.png

Much better :)

SmDQHXI.png

A very disappointing early exit from the Spanish Cup, but terrible luck to go up against Barca in the fourth round.

axjPGt6.png

Another satisfying league victory against Real Madrid.

K3mUlzV.png

A nail-biting semi in the Champions Cup, until Soriano blew them away in extra time. The injury put Narsingh out for the rest of the season.

qol5cSu.png

It should have been a bit more clear cut, but I was over-joyed to get my hands on the Champions Cup again.

L0uGoSG.png

Undefeated!

My Stats:

fS87iWe.png

Eighth? What idiots work this out?

oTAhySk.png

P9hEID1.png

Leandro:

FhOjfaF.png

Mgy2Z2C.png

I didn't really give him enough game time to shine. I'll have to be nicer to him next season.

Narsingh:

rhy0CAx.png

He looks more like his daddy every year.

5FLea7n.png

A couple of injuries held him back a bit.

L9Sr1we.png

An injury in November probably cost him the title.

1RA5Wh4.png

Ibanez kept on supplying the assists:

MYsI6Gp.png

Belgium headed off to the Confederations Cup in the Summer:

Our group was made up of the USA, Fiji and... Spain:

WUTlycs.png

Routine.

9UOdtZn.png

Shambolic.

Zen1wwE.png

A Narsingh masterclass.

That was enough to get us through to the Semi, where we faced mighty Brazil:

7BFnPsH.png

Narsingh puts another team to the sword.

The other semi final didn't quite turn out as expected:

xxLNGuW.png

Thanks Ozzies.

So I faced Australia in the final. Surely my Belgians couldn't mess this one up:

m2GWtqw.png

Of course not! Narsingh does the damage, once again.

Fourteen goals in one short tournament. It almost makes me sad to think what Origi could have achieved if I'd got my hands on the Belgium job sooner.

A much better season, all round, despite the disappointent in the Spanish cups. Next season I get to go to the Club World Championship again. Hooray! Only two more seasons to go, please leave a comment if you want to support me in my twilight years :)

Great update, missed the rest of the story but really interesting! Hope you finish it off with a bang! :)

Thanks. You should try to catch up with the rest of the story. it's only 11 pages, after all :D

The end is near :

Indeed it is. I'll be sad to finish, but at the same time I'm very much looking forward to getting started on a new career.

Not long to go now! Try to finish with two trebles for me ;)

If the treble can be made up of any trophies then I've already managed that for season 29 and I'm only in January :)

No, I'm just counting league, cup and UCL

That may be trickier, particularly since league cups always seem to give me problems, regardless of the country I'm playing in, but I'll give it a shot :)

It's hard finishing a career like this when you've spent so much time on it lol. I was gutted when i finished my two 30 year careers, hope it doesn't put you off the game like it did to me both times lol, the excitement to start something new is great though :).

I never thought Leandro would turn out like he has.

Not looking forward to the penultimate update :(

I know, he looked like a real runt when he first showed up, but he's turned into a reasonable player that can actually justify his place in the team. I wonder if some element of the IT stacking that was in FMH2013 is still there, since he seemed to get quite a bit better when he moved from Manchester United to Ajax.

Season 29

The end is almost in sight. Can I build on the success of last season to cement my place in Atletico Madrid history? There's only one way to find out:

My team was pretty much as good as I could get it, so not a lot of transfer activity:

MXtlfeC.png

Just a promising Scottish youngster who I'll never see develop into anything and a cheap, but rather talented looking, defender.

abUOcYP.png

A rather unusual pre-season friendly.

roGqEbo.png

I think the correct phrase is "utter humiliation".

6H0pK0W.png

Another slice of humble pie served up.

rPKRhw0.png

Good to get my hands on the Club World Cup again.

obdInqI.png

Can we play you every week?

jWMq3dr.png

No really, can we?

lajlGzg.png

Nerve-shredding, but the boy saves the day.

jL8xU5m.png

Curse you! Look at the stats!

RUoPnLE.png

Revenge is sweet.

g7bOAbB.png

Who needs eleven players?

9SZgD5Y.png

Easy peasy.

rYxVNsM.png

My Stats:

eTpgnUN.png

Third is a bit better, I suppose.

KjGkTS6.png

3amQ8iH.png

Leandro:

kgJYYDj.png

Looking a little ravaged. I suppose he is getting on a bit.

PrLpNlW.png

Meh. Okay, I suppose.

Narsingh:

SEsyOTK.png

WPOTY number 2.

d9J3eKH.png

Nice.

J4hbgqu.png

What a season!

ygGyeEY.png

There was never any doubt.

Who was the assist master general? Who else:

KH0sLdt.png

If I'd had him from the date he regenned he would have blown the assist challenge out of the water.

The Summer brought with it my last international tournament and it was the daddy of them all:

We were in a group with Australia, Chile and Mexico. Surely no problem at all:

MkGRgTN.png

A poor showing, but it got the job done.

The second round saw us facing former World Champions:

ggxuPgw.png

A decent performance, particularly from Narsingh.

The quarter final was against our old enemies, the Spanish. It was always going to be a tough one:

dWKaB99.png

A rather poor showing.

In truth I didn't expect much more and neither did the Belgian FA. My best players were all in their mid-thirties and the rest of the squad was mediocre at best. It'll be a few more years before Belgium peaks again, but I won't be around to see that.

A great season, all in all. I can only hope that my last one will be at least as good. As always I'd love to see your comments.