Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Peely's Travelling Goal Machine - A 1K Challenge

Peely

The tears are forming already :. Amazing dedication

Indeed, it's an emotional time for me. I'll miss the world of the future, where I fly to work in a hover car and have my meals served to me by a robot butler :D

Wow this is cool. well played... 

Thanks very much :)

Legendary career, this is amazing. One more to go!

Thanks. I've just finished the final season, so will try to get an update done tonight. It's a real barn-stormer ;)

Ahh! Don't be offended if I ignore season 30, that way I wouldn't have to acknowledge this ending :lol:

great work as usual Peely.

Ahh! Don't be offended if I ignore season 30, that way I wouldn't have to acknowledge this ending :lol:

great work as usual Peely.

Thanks :) It does feel odd to be finished with this after so long. At least I have my new career to keep me occupied, but it'll be a while before I get to the stage that I feel comfortable posting it.

Amazing Peely, just amazing. How you can keep this up I have no clue.

Cheers, Mr Squirrel. I could probably have managed a few more seasons if the game had let me. I do feel slightly regretful that I never made it to Belgium.

I caught up on this last night and I am lost for words. What an extraordinary journey!

Thanks very much.

As per usual, the weekend left me with very little time to post or play FMH. I hope to get the final installment written up this evening.

On your final update can we see the game hours please, i'd be interested to see how long it takes on IOS :).

Certainly. It'll be that bit longer due to my preference for viewing highlights on every match :)

Season 30 - So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu

I've kept you waiting rather longer than I intended to, but here, at last, is the final chapter of the story that began thirty years ago with an eighteen year old Belgian striker and a rookie manager.

I had honed my team over the last few seasons and really didn't need to change anything at all, so transfer activity was very limited, once again:

MNE1D0b.png

The departures were mainly players who were surplus to requirements. I have to admit that Longo only went because he had irritated me a little by getting sent off and, at about the same time, I realised that I was only £5 million away from having sold £1 billion of players.

One of my signings (Moussa Brou) was an inexpensive striker to cover for Narsingh following an injury. I think Erik De Boer was Eden Hazard's regen. A pointless signing, given that he never even played for me, but I couldn't resist.

I was desperately hoping for a great season to end my career; it would have been terribly disheartening to go out with a splutter after so many years. This is how it went:

su96RjN.png

Most satisfactory.

s1PaCE6.png

They must have missed my memo.

rvKiz9s.png

A damn close run thing.

C3zaztY.png

Comfortable.

kTTevgY.png

Sweet revenge for last year.

ZwiBN5Z.png

I always seem to have one nerve-wracking match in the Champions League.

7ETW4LK.png

Narsingh does the business.

1WQro2K.png

Hooray!

LtXXhn6.png

My Stats:

bRKJw60.png

YWv6mr7.png

8.1% loss rate over more than 1,900 games is nice.

xMiUv1a.png

2qW5dFp.png

Perfect.

YEQ33UG.png

Leandro:

QO4002I.png

More than 100 caps for Belgium and he's still looking reasonable.

ljdvP3C.png

A decent final season under my management.

As I mentioned above, Narsingh had a little bit of injury trouble this season. I haven't been keeping track of his scoring particularly, but I had hoped for 100 international goals and, perhaps 300 club goals. He missed a few internationals due to injury, so what had seemed an easy target at the start of the season, suddenly looked a lot less certain. This is how he did:

BWJz6HK.png

This, plus a shorter absence at the start of the season, put paid to any hopes for a third WPOTY for Narsingh.

KgP7vaE.png

He still managed to get this one, though.

puRqtwQ.png

What a player.

Hq2eV6e.png

Pretty good.

I'm discounting any goals before he came with me to Atletico, since I don't think any were scored under my management, but even on that basis, he still managed to score a very impressive 346 goals. If I just had ten more years he may even have outdone his daddy.

On the international front he was still two goals shy of 100 going in to the last game of my tenure as manager. The screenshots above rather give the game away, but it was a little nerve-wracking to say the least:

mgOFMUP.png

zr39YN9.png

It took until the 86th minute of my last game as a manger for him to hit the century.

Once again, Ibanez put in an amazing performance as chief assist supplier:

9HLSBCI.png

Astounding.

cXLSo6p.png

119 assists in five seasons.

Belgium

xdZmE3M.png

At least I'm leaving them in a strong position.

So here we are, thirty seasons, three clubs and two international jobs later, my journey comes to its conclusion. Origi didn't quite make it to the end, but he put in a brilliant performance while he was around. I'd gone from a wet-behind-the-ears newbie to a grey-haired veteran and had even gained a son along the way, who I hope might follow in my footsteps one day. All that was left was to hand in my resignation and head off into retirement:

DSa126L.png

UDLXhVr.png

Well, that's a bit of an anti-climax.

21kL1Lj.png

The End

Awesome career mate and thanks for adding the screenie I asked for :D, one hell of a long save! Bet you feel the journey was worth it though :).

The leaving message is a complete joke though :(

Remember to post anyone you like in the assist challenge :)

Awesome career mate and thanks for adding the screenie I asked for :D, one hell of a long save! Bet you feel the journey was worth it though :).

The leaving message is a complete joke though :(

Remember to post anyone you like in the assist challenge :)

Thanks, it certainly was worth it.

A side-effect of moving aorund was that I'm not sure I had any players long enough to get seriously high numbers of assists. I'll check a couple of players to see if any qualify, though :)

Absolutely wonderful. Up there with the best careers on vibe and it will surely be remembered forever. Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Crying.

Thanks very much for your kind words :)

My next career is up and running, but it'll be a while before I'm ready to start posting.

Well done Peely, on the original 1k and finishing 30 years :D

It's a sad moment but there seems a bright future ahead with your next story

Great Read & great careeer

This career was epic. Let's see what your next career will be.

Well, it's chugging along, but has been a little frustrating so far. I'm planning to start posting after three seasons or so, which should be sometime next week at the rate I'm going.

For those that are interested in this sort of thing, here are Origi's hidden stats just before his retirement:

7o2uUAR.jpg

Nothing that really surprised me, except for his CA of 36! The again, he was 40.

And here are Leandro's at the same date:

e1DA5QA.jpg

No wonder he did quite well, his hidden stats are imense!

This has been one of top 3 careers here that I have read :).....if origi would retire just about the time he hit 1k, and you would do 1k with his regen :) that would be out of this world again :) (we know Ashez is not human, right? ) :D

Do the hidden stats change throughout the career, as the player gets older, or are they always the same? Would be interesting to compare with Origi's starting stats.

I'm not sure. I would have thought that most, if not all, would be set at the start, but I must check it out some time.

This has been one of top 3 careers here that I have read :).....if origi would retire just about the time he hit 1k, and you would do 1k with his regen :) that would be out of this world again :) (we know Ashez is not human, right? ) :D

Thanks very much. In some ways it would have been nice to have the chance to do another 1k with Narsingh, but I'm glad Origi stuck around for as long as he did.

Sorry Ik you have been asked this but... Your Top 5 Tactics you used in this is save. BTW the best save every. Inspired me to make one somewhat similar :)

Sorry Ik you have been asked this but... Your Top 5 Tactics you used in this is save. BTW the best save every. Inspired me to make one somewhat similar :)

I used three tactics. The first two did quite well in the Dutch league, but I wouldn't recommend them for general use. For most of the career I was using a 4-4-1-1, which I gave details of on page 7 of this career. I've since replaced the BBM with an APM, but occasionally switch his role to DLM, mid game, if things aren't going well. I actually use a defensive midfielder in this position, regardless of the role, and it works surprisingly well.

I've been meaning to write up the tactic properly for a while. 

dunno if already said it, but very impressive career and very nice read! great work mate

Thanks very much :)