Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 The Tactics Guide

Dec

hmm, so best to keep Tiote as BWM rather than BBM. Yeah i dont touch offside trap yet, only change pressing if my team is getting tired and change tackling depending on situation i.e losing, good team, lots of yellow cards. Ok understand will try and stick to 2 consistent strikers and leave other 2 as subs

Been getting a bit frustrated at the game, not sure if its a fault in the game engine or not, but I'll play against a top team where im underdogs and beat them, but then I'll play against a weaker team where im favourites and lose (with all else the same, form, morale, tactics). Ive tried exiting and loading the same game few times to see if its down to luck but pretty similar results each time on that specific game.

Only possible thing I can think of is that the underdog team had a tactic that was my weakness, and likewise I had a tactic against the team I beat that was his weakness, is this true? If this is the case then it would mean you need to change your tactics each game. Which then goes against little changes method.

Some games I'll get wingers effective, then some wingers not effective, some games striker effective, some games lone striker not effective. I've played with a different formation than shown previously but this has been a constant one for half the season. Might revert to the PC version of the game and see how that does.

Whats your thoughts? 

Some players have a hidden trait that determines how well they play in big games. In theory you could have a team full of them players who have other traits that are detrimental to their consistency.

Thanks for this guide Dec, it's very detailed and well-written! Although I am relatively experienced at FMH and knew most of the information anyway, it helped me to reconsider some aspects which I had not really considered. Therefore, it's pretty much suitable for FMH players of all levels; good work!

What do u think would work best I play a 4231 the 2 in mid centre I play a bwm and usually a bbm next to him ive been reading about the badic cms never actually used one in the game do u think that would be a decent partnership or just stick with my bwm bbm combo players I use are bender as bwm eitherramsey or wilshire as the bbm

It totally depends on your team, if you have a player who has an eye for passing and creativity a CM is better but BBMs are better for more all-rounded midfielders with high stamina. Both can work but it can also depend on the team's infront of them, if you play 2 INFs, a PCR/TM and a INF/APM then they won't move and you will overload the box so a BBM is wasted.

That sounds all very narrow, wing backs I presume? A box to box midfielder would be wasted in my opinion. He would go where the inf does but then you would have 5 players high up within the zone just outside the box though it may be good if your opponent is tough to break down. It wouldn't be the worst tactic and certainly not flawed but don't expect your box to box getting lots of chances.

Nah ive found that I used either ramsey or wilshire as my bbm both have decent stats to suit the role tackling a bit low tho but stamina is decent. Neither score more than 2-3 per season tho thats why I was thinkin of changing the bbm to cm maybe a dlm its 2 roles ive not used before tho

---------gk

wb--cb--cb-wb

-----bwm-bbm

---if-apm---------w

----------p

Thank you so much Dec from Russia. Your guide is very helpful and gave me possibility to "handle" this game. Before reading this topic I was losing so much and didn't understand the reason. Thanks again for the job you are doing

You need a player who can tackle/defend. In my opinion a CM isn't strong so pair a CM with a BWM for some strength though I think Fellaini is strong and Carrick is defensive so a BBM-DLM formation would provide stability and suit your players better.

The rest seems fine, just you aren't really having balance in midfield with two CMs. Maybe reread the part about balance, especially in relation to attacking/defensive/neutral roles.

Wow, Thanks a lot. I'll just review your posts. :)

Uhm, sorry I have another question. What would be the best roles for cleverley, fletcher and anderson if I were to play them? They are the only rotations for carrick and Fella.

Edited by Strider88

Thanks Dec.Took me three hours,forty minutes to read,absorb and assimilate this!I thought I knew FMH!All I ever do I break transfer records,demote players when there's a dip in form,loan out players or just sell for fun.You have touched me!Shit!!!!Damm!.....my squad include the likes of;Vidal,gortezka,doria Suarez,Costa,iturbe,wanyama,sandro ,facundo f,ter stegen......facundo hasn't scored a goal for me,but on three stints @ Stoke, he's amassed 100goals.With your guide,I won't be buying buying,I won't be selling off anybody that's 29/30.anks s lot.you just made me a real fmh manager. Thanks

Great bit of start up advice! Not played on FM for years and just getting started on 2015>> original plan was to start with forest but as suggested I’m going to restart with Chelsea (a team i know well) until I can master my tactics.