Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Success with Liverpool squad?

mikeyboy11

Just wondered if anyone has had success with Liverpool?

Ive tried a 4231, 4222, 442 and 42121 formation and they dont seem to play well and score much?

Im pretty much using their current squad with normally Suarez up front as a poacher or adv but no success really. 

Not sure if they suit a lone striker formation or 2 up top...

I haven't had any experience with Liverpool's squad, but I've found it quite difficult to develop a consistent tactic for the Premier League this year. My most successful has actually been a 4-4-1-1, not a formation that I've ever used previously. It's given me pretty good results with Manchester United (a few years into a career, so not the starting squad).

It looks like this:

GK

Wbk     CTR     CTR     Wbk

Wng     BBM     BWM     Wng

APM

Pcr

Attacking

Mixed

Pressing

Offside Trap On

Normal Tackling

Feel free to give it a go.

Tbh, if you used any of the preset tactics, use the right players in the right role and keep the squad happy you're gonna have some form of success. There'll be teams you beat and teams you lose against

If you used any of the preset tactics for 30 seasons and made sure everything else was in check then you're going to win a lot.

Actually no the whole thing was a lie.

Yeah I reckon

The formation isn't the be all and end all. Having a happy squad and some quality players is half the work. Yes making up a formation is probably the best way forward, but the preset ones are fine. They'll best some teams and they'll lose to others. Over the course you will have 'success' which is what you said you was looking for :)

I know what you was asking, I was trying to expand. I'll answer your question simply - yes I've had success with Liverpool, with 1 up front and with 2 up front and got loads of goals.

Did you suggest one to me? Apologises didn't realise..

No I tried to retrain sterling into playing in the centre - that was when I was trying a narrow 41212 formation. Didn't work in the end tho

What shape do you want? LFC squad is rather simple so tell me what you want and i'll give you something to work with.

Also what do you count as "success?"

Well I can't decide if to use a lone man (Suarez) or 2 men up front. Guessing using 1 upfront is best...

Liverpool have quite a few wide players when I tried a narrow 41212 formation, it worked ok but the wide players were wasted.

So I guess I'll need to go with a wide formation.

Guess this leaves a 4231 formation then.

Success hmmm - not expecting to win the league, but I want tondo reasonably well thanks

Attacking

Short

Committed

Yes

Yes

No

No

WB LD BPD WB

BWM

APM CM

WNG. APM

Poacher

Johnson Skrtle Agger Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard Hendo

Sterling Coutinho

Suarez

Thanks for this.

Never used A LID and BPd at the back before, think cause I'll be worried of conceding loads. But thanks.

Also never thought of using the APM on the wing before

Im playing Liverpool and using this tactic with a fair amount of success

http://fmhvibe.co.uk/community/topic/18626-maccas-galacticos-4-1-2-2-1/

Found I had to switch between balanced and attacking, plus deliberately lost the capital cup and FA cup as soon as i could because I didnt think Liverpool had the depth to compete for the league otherwise.

Mind you i sold Gerrard, Wisdom, Coates and Johnson at beginning of first season and brought in Romero, Balanta, Lars Bender and Peruzzi. Meant I struggled a bit at beginning of season as new players/new tactics settled in (scraped a draw with ManU first up) but much easier as season progressed (dominated ManU in return match)

FWIW - I got absolutely crushed in my first season trying to play a 4-2-2-2.  Switched to a 4-2-3-1 of sorts with a DM offset left / CM offset right behind Coutinho at AMC and won the league.

Balanced/Short/Normal, no pressing.  Fullbacks at WBk, one defender as a BPD, BWM/CM/APM, inside forwards and a poacher.

Funny enough I found a 4222 doesn't work.

I tried ashez suggestion above and it's quite good.

What is your team setup in your suggested 4231?

Is it

Wbk cd cd wbk

Cm bwn

Apm

Inf Inf

Pcr

?

Yeah sell Gerrard (even though you have to deal with players getting upset at selling a "key player"). I spent most of first season managing his fitness and by end of first season he was considered a fringe player (and had lost half his value). Particularly considering you can get Romero for same price (or less if you are quick) as you sell Gerrard. Also sell Toure, his wages are ridiculous. Use the difference to adjust your budget and buy a young good player (I bought Grimaldo as long term cover for Enrique - who I sold at end of season 1 in order to buy Shaw). Definitely sell Johnson, he got injured too easily and was out of side too often for a guy on his wages (in hindsight because I didnt let him have long enough to recover from his injuries as I needed him on the field). Balanta and Bender for me were my best 2 buys. I'm in my 4th season and if Bender gets less than 8 he has had a bad match. His stamina is 20 in season 1 which I abused terribly again due to the lack of depth. Also worth considering selling Agger. Real came calling for him and i regret not selling (even though he was a wonderful servant for the 2 years I kept him). Ended up replacing him with Phil Jones and probably should have done that season 1.

regarding when to use ATT/DEF. Started off season mainly att formation (because that was what the original tactic called for) and i was working it out as i went. But I believe it makes the players work harder in a match so shifted to Balanced whenever i could as season wore on. Again to manage the lack of depth in the team. Made extensive use of the fact Leiva is a natural at both DMC and MC. And that Kelly is a natural at DC and DR. Shifted to DEF (men behind ball/counter ON with pressing/offside OFF) if reached 80mins and was ahead in order to reduce fatigue. Ended up wining the league but had a succession of 1-0 results mainly due to learning as I went.

Now from what i have read on this forum, I use balanced if the other team is def and att if they are balanced. Still trying to work out a decent strategy if the othe team is att. (Currently have men behind ball/counter ON with pressing/offside OFF and set to Balanced).

Attacking

Short

Committed

Yes

Yes

No

No

WB LD BPD WB

BWM

APM CM

WNG. APM

Poacher

Johnson Skrtle Agger Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard Hendo

Sterling Coutinho

Suarez

No Sturridge or Sakho? 

Thanks for this.

Never used A LID and BPd at the back before, think cause I'll be worried of conceding loads. But thanks.

Also never thought of using the APM on the wing before

Having an advanced-playmaker on the wing isn't rare at all, and with Coutinho, you pretty much don't have an alternative.

With Liverpool I failed to find any success until I read about selling both Suarez ($130M) and Gerrard ($15M). I also sold Sturridge ($65M) and Enrique ($15M). This didn't go down to well with some players but they changed there minds when i quickly brought in Volland ($55M) and ter Stergen ($55M). I aslo brought in Sahin ($34.5M), Caulker ($30M), Baines ($27.5M), Bourceanu ($15M) and N Dyer ($15M). (Released Firth, McLaughlin and Ngoo). Towards the end of the transfer window i realised that i didn't have enough attaking dept for my formation (below) so I added Kruse ($20M, was also looking for an Aussie player). With the formation i use i haven't lost a league game yet this season (W=16, D=2) and i am still in FA cup and Capital One Cup.

The Formation is:

AdF

InF                                  InF

BWM       APM

DLM

WBk      BPD     CTR       WBk

GK

Volland

Couinho, Kruse

Henderson, Sahin

Leiva

Baines, Aggar, Caulker, Johnson

ter Stergen

Attacking

Direct

Committed

Pressing

Offside Trap

Counter Attack

To lower teams(>14th in league) I use 4222 so my lone forward isn't caught up in very defensive formations

Edited by Pr_Rubiks
12 hours ago, Risheek said:

This is a one year old post. Why would you bump it, and this was about FMH14 if I'm not wrong. Not for 16. Seriously? Why would you bump it

The Topic is Liverpool in FMH14 so the post is Liverpool in FMH14, not 16

Edited by Pr_Rubiks

While @Risheek went about it the wrong way he did have a point. This topic is nearly 2 years old and while you may still FMH14 this topic hasn't been active for a couple of years so there is no need to discuss it as the first poster probably doesn't play it anymore. If you want to talk about your career then you can always start a new thread @Pr_Rubiks :).