Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 [lots of goals, great defence] MuRToN's 3-2-3-1-1... Enjoy!

MuRToN

Trying this tactic out currently for Southampton. Doing real good against the good teams, but really struggling against weaker teams.

Who do u get to play ldm and rdm? Defenders trained forward, wingers trained back, cm trained wide?

Also just noticed your midfielder should shoot thing does this mean the arm's should be more attacking midfielder? I've been using more defensive ones as that's who I've got.

I've been playing a game with ebbsfleet with this formation, the original one. Two promotions into two seasons. Won the league in the first season by March without dropping points but then I became lazy and went on holiday and ended losing 2 and drawing 2 games, otherwise I could have had 100% record.

I've paid attention the players I have signed ensuring they have good stats in the right place even if my scout doesn't rate the players. Make sure midfield players have good stamina or have a full set of replacements, they become tired quickly.

I usually stick with the easy formation except in cup games against bigger teams. Now I am in league 2 I am not always the favourite team, on betting odds, so I have started to use the hard formation a little bit more. My striker, Ryan Bird, has scored lots of goals but I have also had loads of goals from midfield as well.

All in all a top formation so far. Thanks murton

post-37623-0-19934300-1408382009_thumb.j

post-37623-0-84678500-1408382018_thumb.j

post-37623-0-91055500-1408382032_thumb.j

post-37623-0-40114600-1408382056_thumb.j

MuRToN I must say the tactic is fantastic and now my default. I have a way of deploying the tactic that has working in all levels across years of seasons. 5 champs leagues in a row with Chelsea and currently top of league 2 with Concord Ranges after two consecutive league champions trophies.

For league games I use as per OP but with balanced mentality.

If I'm fav I use Wingers and if I'm underdog I used defensive Wingers.

If I'm only slight fav for an away game I also use defensive Wingers.

For all cup games I have always attacking mentality and always defensive Wingers.

Works perfectly. Great tactic mate, kudos.

Hello Murton,

I have something to confess here....

Because of this tactic, I can't sleep very for past few nights... I started my career at arsenal using this tactic, and I fail big time. I was sacked, then west brom available for me at that moment, I just join them and voila.... Now I become top 8 in EPL, won some cups, and surprise surprise, now I'm cum England Manager, what a fantastic tactic.

Btw, my scoring is slump, possible as you said my APM shooting below green, so my scoring is not always getting 3 and above score sheet?

I always lose or draw to weaker team, any fix?

Thanks again for your tactic and sleepless night you give me.

Hello Murton,

Because of this tactic, I can't sleep very for past few nights... I started my career at arsenal using this tactic, and I fail big time. I was sacked, then west brom available for me at that moment, I just join them and voila.... Now I become top 8 in EPL, won some cups, and surprise surprise, now I'm cum England Manager, what a fantastic tactic.

Btw, my scoring is slump, possible as you said my APM shooting below green, so my scoring is not always getting 3 and above score sheet?

When was you sacked by Arsenal? Cos when I got sacked from the Chelsea job in December, season 1, and the best job I could get after that was a league 2 job.

@njmclare & @Piggers5

Thank you for the thumbs up, it's great to know you appreciate these tactics. I'm happy they brought you success.

@Number1One & Louiss Lim

You both should make sure you're not selecting too many players out of their natural roles, as this could explain a lot. I have also noticed that since the last couple of updates, the game engine has been showing far more random results than in the past (with any tactic).

Lately I've been working hard on a tactic which could be more consistent and require more common player attributes to make it easier for everybody, but the fine balance is hard to find, although I have made a lot of progress.

In the mean time, I suggest you set the RDM & LDM to wingers whilst up against weak teams which you are expected to roll over with ease.

Once again, thank you all for the great feedback and tips on how to get the best out of this tactic.

this tactic is really great, I tried using it on chelsea but it didn't fit in but now am managing real madrid with Jesse as my poacher cos for me he is Far better than benzema(though I switch them), my next best striker is facundo farrerry from shaktar.So this is one of my friendlies so far http://imgur.com/FsaeQK6 (I strated a new game and season cos rmadrid fits your tactic perfectly) And b4 I forget this tactic is weak with weak teams (funny)

have you had any success changing the PCR to a CMF?

im considering altering the tactic to playing two up front (and ADF/PCR/TM and and TQA/DLF) - was wondering if anyone else had any success tinkering?

have you had any success changing the PCR to a CMF?

im considering altering the tactic to playing two up front (and ADF/PCR/TM and and TQA/DLF) - was wondering if anyone else had any success tinkering?

i don't know why but I always prefer a Pcr to a cmf upfront

Hello Murton,

When was you sacked by Arsenal? Cos when I got sacked from the Chelsea job in December, season 1, and the best job I could get after that was a league 2 job.

@lee-roy, Yes, after end of the season, I got sacked. After that my career in top form, and England offer me as manager. And I currently fixing them as a team, via learning from you guys, thanks to Murton and you.

@njmclare & @Piggers5

Thank you for the thumbs up, it's great to know you appreciate these tactics. I'm happy they brought you success.

@Number1One & Louiss Lim

You both should make sure you're not selecting too many players out of their natural roles, as this could explain a lot. I have also noticed that since the last couple of updates, the game engine has been showing far more random results than in the past (with any tactic).

Lately I've been working hard on a tactic which could be more consistent and require more common player attributes to make it easier for everybody, but the fine balance is hard to find, although I have made a lot of progress.

In the mean time, I suggest you set the RDM & LDM to wingers whilst up against weak teams which you are expected to roll over with ease.

Once again, thank you all for the great feedback and tips on how to get the best out of this tactic.

@Murton, 

Something to get APM with high shooting before a poacher not a easy job. I try to fix it and search for talented youth for replace this spot, and when I do some trading in previous season, I get 2 (sign at all costs players) are AF, so sometime I rotate them as APM before Poacher and also let them be the Poacher, do you think this is the issues why sometime I can't reach high score sheet?

2nd, RDM & LDM become wingers for me always fragile, I lose to weak team. My players mostly WB, I can't find much DWNG in the games, I wonder how you guys can get the right job for the right person, mind to share?

FYI, I just won the EPL, after 3 season, still not bad for my level of knowledge. Btw, I don't play sugar daddy. scouting, loaning & trading is how I make my title now.

How about if I change the DMR/DML to MR/ML?
I would advise against that, as it would further expose an already exposed back three. But feel free to give it a go for educational purposes ;)

Trying this with Stirling Albion in Scottish L1 (won the league first season then just missed play-offs by a point last season) I have spent time to overhaul the squad so I have players that fit the roles but I have a couple of questions:

1) I seem to be leaking a lot of goals, do you think it would shore up the defence if I changed the back three to CTR's? Am I better to keep with BPB/LID/BPB and use the defensive wingers?

2) Related to no.1, I am having trouble finding a box to box midfielder who is willing to join/on a free/low enough wages to loan and the one I did have got bought on the last day of the transfer window due to the big club buy out cause. Do you think if I dropped the BBM back into a central defensive midfield role as a DLM (or even a BWM?) it would help with conceding less? My concern is that it would have a negative effect on the supply to the poacher?

Thanks guys,

GaZ

Awesome tactic, but im often having problem in match report says - Limited width in midfield, how can i fix it? In vanarama premier my club now 10 W 0 D 0 L Scored 41 goals, conceded 8 . :)

Awesome tactic, but im often having problem in match report says - Limited width in midfield, how can i fix it? In vanarama premier my club now 10 W 0 D 0 L Scored 41 goals, conceded 8 . :)

That's actually normal since there is nobody on the wings past the half way line. I suggest ignoring that part of the report.

Trying this with Stirling Albion in Scottish L1 (won the league first season then just missed play-offs by a point last season) I have spent time to overhaul the squad so I have players that fit the roles but I have a couple of questions:

1) I seem to be leaking a lot of goals, do you think it would shore up the defence if I changed the back three to CTR's? Am I better to keep with BPB/LID/BPB and use the defensive wingers?

2) Related to no.1, I am having trouble finding a box to box midfielder who is willing to join/on a free/low enough wages to loan and the one I did have got bought on the last day of the transfer window due to the big club buy out cause. Do you think if I dropped the BBM back into a central defensive midfield role as a DLM (or even a BWM?) it would help with conceding less? My concern is that it would have a negative effect on the supply to the poacher?

Thanks guys,

GaZ

I don't expect that playing three CBs will help all that much to be honest as a lot of the balls the APMs receive originate from the two BPDs, but from my experience, changing the BBM to a BWM will help.

To be honest I think you may have set your expectations a little to high and perhaps too early on in the game. It takes time to turn a small team into a consistent performer. Some bad results will inevitably happen.

PS: My apologies for the late answer.

Can't post imagens on ios, but won série a and champions League with napoli easily right the first year. Since the last update, changed the left defender to ctr and the passing to short. Worked like wonders once again. Best tactic here, and i tried everything. Destroyed real Madrid (7-1) Barcelona (6-0) and chelsea (8-3) in the process!

Is this tactic only good for small clubs/leagues? Did you make excellent signings ?

I used this on lazio and i finished a miserable 9th place. Had alot of games where i barely got any shots out, despite posession.

Is this tactic only good for small clubs/leagues? Did you make excellent signings ?

I used this on lazio and i finished a miserable 9th place. Had alot of games where i barely got any shots out, despite posession.

It works fine for any club as long as you don't place too many players out of their natural playing position.

Many games : Lots of shot but no goal!

any soloution?

APMs with good shooting and creativity.

A good striker up front also helps a lot.

a thing that seems critical to me - heading for the a.m. and striker. forget about fierro and such, because strikers with less than 16, won't be good enough.

viatri scored 106 in 47 games, in my perugia save, in the first season.

your bpd must have passing above 15. middle apms, shooting and passing.

using this, i got the promotion every year till serie A, and won the cup while in serie b, winning against juventus, lazio and inter. 

that's my story with this tactic. it wons everything if u have the players with the right stats, and i'm not talking about using real or chelsea, i never use the big ones.

still the best one out there, Murton, congrats!

Hi Hugo did you use the original tactic or the latest one mate?

the original one. when the a i starts to get me, after 2 or three seasons, i use the peely 4.1.2.2.1 for about ten games, and, then back to this one. sometimes i just change the passing from direct to short, and the bbm to cm, but it seems it doesn't matter much...