Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 [lots of goals, great defence] MuRToN's 3-2-3-1-1... Enjoy!

MuRToN

I played as R. Madrid.

I have lost against team like (Barcelona, Napoli, Ajax, Arsenal) using the Macca's Galacticos 4-1-2-2-1 (TBH this formation & tactics are amazing in Liga BBVA) currently 1st place.

But, I can't defeat strong teams, I have no clue why!!! (I'm using the right players in that particular positions.)

anyways, Long story short I decided to try your formations & Tactics.

Result so far: Updated: 3/27/2014

Team: R. Madrid

Formation: 3-2-3-1-1 Defensive formation ("Hard")

Champions Cup

1st Rnd Leg 1

R. Madrid (RM) 1-0 Arsenal 

1st Rnd Leg 2

R. Madrid (RM) 2-1 Arsenal 

Semi-Final Leg 1

R. Madrid 0-0 Barcelona

Semi-Final Leg 2

R. Madrid 4-0 Barcelona

C. Ronaldo (9, 32, 61, 72)

WO0O0O000OO0O0T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the second time I won from Barca!

I'm loving this

Final

R. Madrid 0-0 Chelsea

4-5 Penalty Shootout  :unsure:

At least I survived 120 mins 

Liga BBVA

R. Madrid 1-2 Barcelona

My player received a card in 44 minutes of the game. (Otherwise I was winning) :(

***After going 21 games unbeaten.  :mellow:  :unsure:  :angry: 

Spanish Cup

Final

R. Madrid 4-1 Barcelona

WO0O0O000OO0O0T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First Win Against the Greatest Rival Team

@MuRToN

Thank you for this AMAZING Tactic!!!!! 

Tested with fresh carreer. Used Southampton only bought nagatamo cause there was a lack of DRM.

Ended the season 5th place - 24-13-8 and won the FA cup.

Osvaldo had 22goals in 25 games. Overall really good tactic now going to try and become champions :D

I'm glad you like the tactic :-) and thank you both for posting your results, they are very helpful to everyone who tries to improve the tactic. I'm currently testing salih's idea (changing left apm to cm). Hopefully the end result will be good enough to change the tactic.

I'm glad you like the tactic :-) and thank you both for posting your results, they are very helpful to everyone who tries to improve the tactic. I'm currently testing salih's idea (changing left apm to cm). Hopefully the end result will be good enough to change the tactic.

Np , i'm gonna try that now cause im currently 3-3-3 in new season losing to weaker teams

Np , i'm gonna try that now cause im currently 3-3-3 in new season losing to weaker teams
I changed it to CM because of my player fitted and played better in that role. But 3 APM causes limited in midfield, it seems. CM dominated the midfield but still saw limited in midfield. But this is tactic is still great.

No problem. :D

I will also give that a try.

Started new season with Fulham. Ended 3th : p46 w26 d7 l9 F73 A40 !

Couldn't get further then qtr final in FA cup sadly..

But still i'm really happy and want to thank you!

Shame about the FA Cup, but nice going on the league! Fulham is a tough team to push to such heights in one season.

Next, champions league I guess. Good luck ;-)

Shame about the FA Cup, but nice going on the league! Fulham is a tough team to push to such heights in one season.

Next, champions league I guess. Good luck ;-)

Get alot of red cards though, pretty much every 3 matches 1 red card :<

Fulham has only one defender which has an aggression level above 14, so I guess it would explain the lack of discipline at the back.

Personally, in FMH14 I always choose defenders with a minimum level of 17 when it comes to aggression, and I use normal tackling (hard tackling gets far too many reds).

Hope this helps you.

Omg... I've been going at it all wrong this whole time. I feel like a total newb lol Quote from the football manager website: AGGRESSION This reflects a player's attitude in terms of playing mentality but is not necessarily a dirtiness indicator. A more aggressive player will look to involve himself in every incident and get stuck in, perhaps at the expense of a yellow card or two. A less aggressive player may shy away from situations and merely drop into his comfort zone. This attribute is a measure of how enthusiastic a player will be when involved in a confrontation with an opponent or when challenging for a 50-50 ball. Aggressive players will get cautioned more often (which will make them miss matches) but they won't half get stuck in for your team! Thank you for pointing it out Dec, it doesn't explain why xzz gets so many reds though. Using hard tackling maybe?

Hard tackling will mean the team are more likely to get more cards yes. It could also be a low decisions attribute in this instance too. Not too sure on the Fulham team but if their decisions are quite low with hard tackling they may be more eager to make tackles that are less winnable.

Changed the thread title.

It looks as though the "[Works for any team]" was misleading some into thinking that they could use this tactic even without actually having players to fill the right positions.

Edit: Just as a side note, I think I just created a more efficient tactic.

Currently testing it with various teams of different levels and leagues, looking promising so far.

hey MuRToN... please some help I am using your tactic with Chelsea...have some great midfielders... dominate in possession have big amount of shots on target ( ussually over 10) but cant score... strikers in third season lukaku,torres and diego costa... have any ideas ??

Edit: Just as a side note, I think I just created a more efficient tactic.

Currently testing it with various teams of different levels and leagues, looking promising so far.

I cannot wait to be able to test your new tactic MuRToN!!!

Give us a clue about the formation... 

hey MuRToN... please some help I am using your tactic with Chelsea...have some great midfielders... dominate in possession have big amount of shots on target ( ussually over 10) but cant score... strikers in third season lukaku,torres and diego costa... have any ideas ??

I used Diego Costa with great success in the past, he really does well with this tactic.

With Chelsea you should use the "easy" variant of this tactic.

It's also possible that you went through a really unlucky series of games.

@Draven I'm posting it here in this thread tonight for those who want to further test it.

I used Diego Costa with great success in the past, he really does well with this tactic.

@Draven I'm posting it here in this thread tonight for those who want to further test it.

ok...I will keep by using easy variant... looking forwardt to try new tactic :)

I'm waiting mate  ;). I was just looking for motivation to start a new career since the last update  :D

This is really experimental at the moment, but as I previously mentioned, the results are promising.
Here's my possible future tactic:

Edit-14/10/2014 by MuRToN
Tactic photos REMOVED, tactic failed to live up to expectations.

Hi murton. Check with u on whether did u use it for the new February 2014 database or default one?

Good question. I'm always keeping FMH14 updated so I guess it's the latest database I'm using.

Hi murton. Check with u on whether did u use it for the new February 2014 database or default one?

Good question. I'm always keeping FMH14 updated so I guess it's the latest database I'm using.

It depends on when you started this game.

I think I'll start a new career with Portsmouth to do some testing.

MuRTon I expect big wins using your tactics  ;)

I wish I was as enthusiastic as you Draven, this tactic didn't get anywhere near as much testing as the main tactic in this thread. But if it works as well in career mode as it did in the challenge, then we may be on to something good.

I wish I was as enthusiastic as you Draven, this tactic didn't get anywhere near as much testing as the main tactic in this thread. But if it works as well in career mode as it did in the challenge, then we may be on to something good.

:D I'll do a couple of checks on the three teams that inspire me the most at the moment: Portsmouth,  Wolves and Nottingham Forest, then I'll make my choice; I think I'll start tomorrow (it always take me a lot of time to choose my team)... I hope I can post something before I go on vacation...