Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 What are the chances of the lesser leagues being cut in favour of a major upgrade regarding tactics?

SaintPaul

Would anyone really mind if the Welsh, Australian, Republic of Ireland  and Northern Ireland playable leagues were not involved in next season's game?  Instead of using data on them, we could get the full tactical board available on the desktop version, and if we're good boys and girls, maybe even a more expensive player database 

I'm aware that people in the places I've mentioned buy the game, but how many of them actually play as teams from their own countries? The Welsh and Irish league games are poorly attended in general, so unless the only people in Wales or Ireland who buy the game are fans of their domestic leagues, then even they wouldn't mind their leagues being cut 

I don't think it's entirely an issue of swapping one league for another. If you asked 100 people what 3 leagues they wanted the most, I believe the answers wold be Russia, USA and Argentina. And the reason they aren't in the game is because of the licensing fees. I'm not talking from knowledge, just from what I've see posted etc, but I think the amount of money to buy the licenses to then leagues, wouldn't be justified by the (lack of) extra revenue they'd create from including them. If SI could meet the same profit margins (or beat them) while having them 3 leagues then they'd be in there for sure. Either as extra leagues or if space was an issue then they'd probably be in the place the leagues you mentioned. On a side note, I'd pay £10-£15 for the game to have them 3 leagues :P

I know what you mean about the leagues, but I was talking about getting the same tactical and training options that are available on the pc version, and a bigger player database. 

And on the topic of paying extra, I'd pay£25 for the classic mode if it became available on high end Android /Apple devices (if not the full classic mode, then at least as close as possible)   

I'm not sure removing leagues would provide the additional processing capacity to deal with a more complicated tactics system, or free up space for a bigger database.

It strikes me that the processing demands are based on the number of leagues loaded, not the number of leagues available in total, so even if there were only four leagues in the whole game, if you had those four loaded, you'd need exactly the same processing power as you do with the current version.

Likewise, the database that is loaded is primarily influenced by the leagues that you load - there will be very few players from the Irish or Australian leagues if you don't load them.

While the additional leagues certainly increase the size of the app itself and the underlying database, I don't see that they have any effect on the actual database that is available in each career or the amount of processing power needed.

Of course my knowledge of programming is extremely limited, so I may be totally wrong :)

Processing high amount of data is something that can overload low-end mobile devices. But having an improved tactics board is something about development, not work load. Player-Press interactions, more customised player roles would be available if they worked to bring this features. Its sure they will improve board and game experience. But I dont expect a 3D game view.

I don't think it's entirely an issue of swapping one league for another. If you asked 100 people what 3 leagues they wanted the most, I believe the answers wold be Russia, USA and Argentina. And the reason they aren't in the game is because of the licensing fees. I'm not talking from knowledge, just from what I've see posted etc, but I think the amount of money to buy the licenses to then leagues, wouldn't be justified by the (lack of) extra revenue they'd create from including them. If SI could meet the same profit margins (or beat them) while having them 3 leagues then they'd be in there for sure. Either as extra leagues or if space was an issue then they'd probably be in the place the leagues you mentioned.

On a side note, I'd pay £10-£15 for the game to have them 3 leagues :P

Pretty sure that if you asked 100 people what three leagues they wanted to have that no one would say Argentina, Russia and USA lol. The majority would go for England, Spain and Germany... Italy and France would be up there.

I know you want them leagues badly but think you have to be joking about everyone else wanting them leagues the most

I don't think it's entirely an issue of swapping one league for another. If you asked 100 people what 3 leagues they wanted the most, I believe the answers wold be Russia, USA and Argentina. And the reason they aren't in the game is because of the licensing fees. I'm not talking from knowledge, just from what I've see posted etc, but I think the amount of money to buy the licenses to then leagues, wouldn't be justified by the (lack of) extra revenue they'd create from including them. If SI could meet the same profit margins (or beat them) while having them 3 leagues then they'd be in there for sure. Either as extra leagues or if space was an issue then they'd probably be in the place the leagues you mentioned. On a side note, I'd pay £10-£15 for the game to have them 3 leagues :P
Pretty sure that if you asked 100 people what three leagues they wanted to have that no one would say Argentina, Russia and USA lol. The majority would go for England, Spain and Germany... Italy and France would be up there. I know you want them leagues badly but think you have to be joking about everyone else wanting them leagues the most
But we already have the leagues you mentioned.And I don't particularly "want them badly", they're just the 3 leagues I want added in. http://fmhvibe.co.uk/community/topic/430-what-countries-would-you-like-to-be-playable-in-fmh/

I think one of the reasons why USA isn't added in is also due to the complexity of the league. FM PC has a person dedicated to coding the rules for the MLS into the game so that is a clear signal on how difficult it would be to implement especially to make it fast to play as it would have to be on FMH.