Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Ashez' Goal Challenge Inception:

Ashez

Goal Challenge Inception:

I'm sure most of you have seen the hit film Inception, and if you haven't go and watch it now as it's freaking awesome! In short the film is about dreams inside dreams, which brings me to my challenge, as you've already worked out this career will see goal challenges inside goal challenges!!

Time To Explain:

I can see you all now looking at your screens in disappointment thinking to yourselves "come on Ashez mate, you just finished a double goal challenge, be original for damns sake!" 

While this is true this career will be taking the idea to a whole new level, my double goal challenge saw me attempt the double trouble challenge and the one thousand goal challenge at the same time, this career however will blow that one out of the water.....If i can pull it off anyway. I've attempted to do two challenges at the same time a few times on Vibe with Eldin and Castillo and Niang and Mayi being the two obvious examples, after completing two challenges at once a few times i decided i had to go bigger!

So is three goal challenges at once enough? Hmm i can go bigger, what about four goal challenges at the same time? Actually four sounds pretty good, but why go for four goal challenges at the same time when i can go for five!!

Yes Vibe that is correct this career will see me attempting five goal challenges all at the same time on the same save!!! Madness right?! That's not all though as another TWO challenges will also be included!! Seven challenges, one save, one career, one mind blowing experience!!!

Challenge One:

The Triple Threat Challenge:

Everyone remembers this challenge right? The member who posted it has left the site but if you were around last year this challenge was kind of a big deal, apart form the rules were that stupid nobody attempted it. However as he has left the site i shall be bringing the challenge back to the 2014 forums but updated and a lot more playable.

A basic outline of the core challenge is you need to have a front three to score 1500 goals between them, thankfully this challenge is incredibly hard and it's never been completed before on Vibe so i'm not only going for five goal challenges i'm also trying to become the first person in Vibe history to complete the Triple Threat challenge! Peely got close and UKFS started the challenge in recent times but no one has manged to cross the line as yet, can my goal challenge experience give me the upper hand as i go for the ultimate prize?

Challenge Two:

The One Thousand Goal Challenge:

I'm sure you all saw this one coming! Ever since my Moyano and Castillo saves i knew i wanted to complete the challenge again and this seemed like the perfect opportunity, however this will be no easy task as the striker in question will have not only one partner but two! In my Castillo save i decided to make Eldin a supportive striker in my search for the double trouble target but this time i'm using no supportive striker at all! Each striker in my front three is going for goals! That's right i'm going all out attack!

Challenge Three, Four And Five:

Three Double Trouble's At The Same Time!:

Yes you read that correctly! I'm going all out in this career and i'm also attempting to complete three double trouble challenges at the same time!! A break down of how this will happen:

Striker 1 + Striker 2

Striker 1 + Striker 3:

Striker 2 + Striker 3

See to all you guys thinking striker one will score all my goals you were thinking wrong as the side strikers also need to put in a shift! Granted for the first two to be completed i can get away with doing it the same way i did the Castillo/Eldin save but for the third one i need both side strikers scoring goals! As i said before this career will see no supportive strikers, each player has his eye on the goal and on the prize!! This is madness!!

Challenge Six:

The Double Trouble Assist Challenge:

While looking around the challenge forums i found another little gem that has yet to be completed which i hoped i could squeeze in, this challenge is the Double Trouble Assist challenge found in the double trouble thread. For those of you not aware this challenge is a side challenge to the normal goal scoring one where your front two have to get a total of 600 assists between them, with the amount of goals i need for this challenge this should be a walk in the park! So you'd think anyway.....

Challenge Seven:

The Assist Challenge:

This was always an obvious addition, i'm needing a truck load of goals for this challenge so picking a creator was key! However i'm not going for a decent score i'm going for the best score i can get, i want to be sitting on top of that leader board!!

Seven challenge, one career, one save, one time line and one epic adventure!!

Now the challenge has been explained let's go into the save it's self!

The Club:

I needed a league that i knew i could score this amount of goals in, at first i thought about Brazil but that felt like a cope out, so the next obvious choice was Portugal. In Portugal i always have trouble picking a side, my heart likes Benfica as a number of their players are my personal favourite in game, then you have Sporting who have a number of interesting players and after Alfie's and Peely's adventures there they've always seemed appealing, the training facilities is also a massive bonus. However i was starting to think about this challenge concept when i started posting my Castillo and Eldin save, if you remember in that opening post i went into detail about my previous one thousand goal attempts and i mentioned a save with Porto. I really enjoyed this save and i only scraped it because Porto were the in team on Vibe at that time but the second i decided on Portugal i knew Porto was the designation for me. Thinking about it i think the only reason why Porto are lower on my normal Portugal list is due to Liverpool playing them on my birthday a number of years back with the incredible Jermaine Pennant getting a red card, tbh that's all i remember about the match but i guess we lost :P.

fcp_logo_305.jpg

Let's show Graveluth what a real FCP career is!! :P

The Players:

The 1KC Candidates:

I spent ages testing players and looking at my previous saves and images trying to come up with three strikers i had faith in, the problem was i hadn't really decided on a formation as yet, did i want three central strikers or would i like two wider at the forward left/right position? I never really made my mind up until i started the save so my search included players who could play across the attacking line. I then had the dilemma of what level of striker do i go for, i couldn't go for a top draw striker as i'd struggle to keep them at the club, this isn't normally an issue but as i was focusing on three strikers i knew leaving Portugal would be difficult, imagine if each striker was valued at 30m, i'd need at least 100m to sign all three! As you can guess this was a massive issue for me, i needed three strikers who'd happily stay in Portugal but who'd also score enough goals to reach my massive targets, tests and previous save checks continued and in the end i settled on these three beauty's.

(Images are taken at the end of the first season)

Domenico Berardi:

Striker One:

The One Thousand Goal Candidate:

fjMuQCN.png

I've had my eye on the young Italian for a while and this seemed like the perfect challenge to unleash him on, in my previous saves he always seemed good yet not outstanding so i took the risk on him being my main striker, my only worry was keeping him at the club, especially with Juventus being his previous club.

Uros Djurdjevic:

Striker Two:

uSBnTfy.png

Djurdjevic is another striker i've been keeping tabs on and his ability to play left of the striker and through the middle made him an easy choice, i'd never seen him accomplish anything outstanding in previous saves so he felt like a safe bet to be my second striker. 

Diego Rolan:

Striker Three:

cyUiyMh.png

Rolan was a player i noticed while searching and stats wise he seems the perfect fit as he's got a bit of a creator and goal scorer about him, Rolan was my gamble choice as i had little previously knowledge about him so hopefully i made the correct decision!!

The Assist Candidate:

I'm sure i don't really need to go into this as my assist candidate is fairly obvious for anyone involved with FMH, but for those of you newer player the main assist candidate is:

Juan Fernando Quintero:

70bpelg.png

I've used this lad loads of times and i know exactly what he's all about, this lad will be getting assists for days!

For the double trouble assist challenge i didn't select two players to go for the achievement as i wanted all three as goal scorers, with each striker having two partners i put all my hope into at least one partnership managing to get the 600 assists. 

The Formation:

Right i'm saying this once and once only, the formation is not for release. 

I've decided this for two main reasons, reason one being in my last two careers i've gone into depth about the formation i used only for it to be ignored which led to me being pestered with constant comments and PMs about it. If you comment only asking for my formation please expect to be ignored or abused as i'm sick of it, you've been warned.

The other reason is i've found this formation to only work reliably in Portugal from the limited tests i have done and as i've spent hours working on this one i don't want to be handing it out for other people to try and out do me or attempt to match my achievements, it's happened so many times before that i've decided enough is enough. All i will say is the formation is of a guessable shape and that in my opinion it shouldn't work anywhere near as good as it does, i actually stumbled upon the working formula when i was about to give up on the challenge! 

As i said i've been working on this formation not far off since the start of the year as i really wanted to do a triple threat challenge with Liverpool's attacking line up but i just couldn't get it to work, hopefully i do in the future.

The Posting Style:

I'm still unsure on how i want to go about updating this career, from the handful of seasons i have played i've noticed i'm averaging around thirty images a season! So it looks like i'm going to have to go the spoiler route which i'm not overly keen on myself, the other problem is i'm not sure how i'm going to go about posting all the challenge i'm doing. Basically if everything is a mess to begin with bare with me as i'm trying to work out the style i want to use.

Closing Statement:

I think that's pretty much everything i wanted to cover, i appreciate this is one hell of a long opening post and it's actually took me close to two hours to put it together and work out what i wanted to say so hopefully you guys are still reading this and enjoying it. As you all know i love pushing the game and my ability and i've yet again came up with an idea which does work out on paper but seems impossible on the game, so i hope you all join me on this adventure. As i said i have played a lot of this save but it's nowhere near finished as yet and i'm about to go play a season after this update. I'm aiming to have this career updated pretty much everyday but i can only really do this if you support it, i'm going on holiday at the end of the month and ideally i'd like this done then as i'd hate to have to give this a two week break. I'm going to ensure i'm playing enough to get this done on time so hopefully you guys will give me some support as i'll bloody need it attempting this mammoth challenge! 

Thank you for reading my opening post and please remember to leave a comment!

Seven challenge, one career, one save, one time line and one epic adventure!!

Wow! This is going to be an epic monster of a career; I shall be following it closely :)

I think we should have a sweepstake for how many times someone asks what tactic you're using. Or we could make it into a drinking game, but I fear we'd all be dead from liver failure within a week :lol:

Woah, 7 challenges. I'll play it safe and bet on you completing....5. Good luck.

I'd be happy with two! I've gone as big as i can but i'll more than likely end up with egg on my face :(, we can dream right!!

@Grave: Haha, for everyone reading the second after Grave posted here he PMd me saying he's not speaking to me any more :D hahahaha

Wow! This is going to be an epic monster of a career; I shall be following it closely :)

I think we should have a sweepstake for how many times someone asks what tactic you're using. Or we could make it into a drinking game, but I fear we'd all be dead from liver failure within a week :lol:

Thank you very much :D, i hope you enjoy the ride :)

Oh my that sounds extremely fun but dangerous lol, hmmm i think we should come up with some sort of game for annoying tactic comments, it would be a right laugh!

@Hawk: In my goal challenges I've used 5 " average" players, I've left you guys with a lot better options ;).

@Affan: Cheers mate :D

I assume that you will keep track of you progress in Archie's portugese classic challenge as well. ;)

I think that the hardest challenge will be the double trouble with Djurdjevic and Rolan.

Looking forward to see how it goes. :)

If you complete all these challenges this will be career thread of the year :D

Djurdjevic and Berardi were good for me at FL/FR and Rolan looks good but i've never used him, you might be able to do this :D

Djurdjevic has some great stats when the years go by he's a good choice. It's always good to have someone play on the left and the middle.

@Danne: I didn't think about that, maybe I'll take a look and see if I can squeeze it, not happy with seven challenges then :P

I'm worried about them all equally tbh, they're all difficult but it depends which way you look at it ;)

Cheers for the comment :)

DB: it's a class movie :D, thank you for the comment :)

@Scott: I always aim to have one big career a year which leaves a mark, hopefully this is this years one ;).

Oh that's good to know, thanks for the encouragement ;)

@MPM: I'd be delighted with 3 or 4 tbh, obviously I'm going all out for the 7 (maybe eight with Dannes suggestion!!) :)

@Paul: I just hope I'm up to the challenge :/

@Affan: Yeah, as I said I've kept an eye on him for a while so hopefully I picked well

Thank you for the comments guys :D

I just checked and Graveluth's challenge will not be added as i don't have the information needed for too much of the save.

I just checked and Graveluth's challenge will not be added as i don't have the information needed for too much of the save.

I was just pulling your leg. ;)

I think that if you manage the 1kc, then the triple threat and the double troubles with Berardi should be fine. The question is if you get enough goals from the other two.

It could also be a case where Berardi doesn't manage the 1k, but the other challenges can be completed.

Anyway, a very interesting idea, hope that it works for you as it ought to be very fun to play this career if it does.

Goal Challenge Inception:

Season 1:

Transfers:

LrKqWLs.png

No major shocks here, Martinez wasn't needed so off he went to Barcelona while i brought in two of my three strikers, Caulker and Saul were also brought in for first team duties.

wRkX9uM.png

The third striker joins the team while Joel joins from Everton in the hope he'll be Helton's long term replacement

OpruNdQ.png

Two cheap, young players who i knew i could get a lot of money for in the future, the more money i can raise the more wages i'll have.

A massive window which saw the squad recreated in my image, sorry Graveluth!

Season Review:

T0xTvJb.png

A massive season! I didn't expect to do this well but we blew most teams out of the water as i'll show below!

Champions League:

The Route To The Final:

For me to get to the final in the first season you'd expect a somewhat easy run, however you would be thinking wrong! Take a look in the spoiler to see just how well my team did!

First Round:

DaHyyzW.png

We slaughtered Dortmund!

Quarter Final:

YLuFx8x.png

We out scored Chelsea!

Semi Final:

IE71E0y.png

We just edged out City in a tight game!

The Champions League:

Final:

iiEaNLs.png

FCP destroy Madrid in the Champions League final!!

What a tournament for the mighty Porto!!

League:

yeIPAe1.png

An outstanding season!! Especially with all the changes i made!

Supertaca:

5ucTykV.png

The perfect start to the challenge

TDP:

l2x1Bxr.png

A walk in the park!!

League Cup:

0IDlZju.png

Goals, goals and more goals!!

Various Information:

Look in here to find images like my manager profile and POTY etc

Manager Profile:

8uuDyrf.png

An awesome start!

Average Ratings:

Wt69gdX.png

Outstanding!!

POTY:

lCV4lJ3.png

A great start!

YPOTY:

bMpTKTl.png

All four players were grabbing the headlines!

The Assist Challenge:

Quintero:

Results:

YejLD5C.png

What a start!!

The Teams Assists:

l7k5xeP.png

Not the best start for my double trouble assist challenge but it'll do!

The Strikers:

Rolan:

Stats:

oafNHsm.png

Looking good!

Results:

FqvOJmM.png

A fantastic start to the challenge!

Djurdjevic:

Stats:

fJoEh3f.png

He has everything he needs to be a real goal threat!

Results:

GwUOZ9e.png

A fantastic team effort!

Berardi:

Stats:

14Jio7F.png

He's freaking awesome!

Results:

7eWuY31.png

A brilliant first season for the Italian stallion!

A fantastic first season for the challenge, the trio managed to score 122 goals between them! If they can maintain this form or even improve on it i should be well on track!

The Challenges So Far:

In this spoiler you'll find out how well the challenges are currently going.

Triple Threat Challenge:

Played: 162

Scored: 122

The One Thousand Goal Challenge:

Played: 56

Scored: 62

The Double Trouble Challenges:

One:

Berardi And Djurdjevic:

Played: 109

Scored: 87

Two:

Berardi And Rolan:

Played: 109

Scored: 97

Three:

Rolan And Djurdjevic:

Played: 106

Scored: 60

Double Trouble Assist Challenge:

This will be calculated at the end as i have not selected a partnership.

The Assist Challenge:

Quintero:

Played: 50

Scored: 49

A decent start but we have a long way to go!!

Thank you for viewing and i must also thank you for the support of my OP, it really means a lot to me as you all know. I'd appreciate your views on this updating style as i'm struggling to come up with ideas so please let me know what you think of it in the comments.

Once again thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment.

Really great season especially considering the massive changes to the squad. I'm a little bit disappointed that you don't have Italian nationality as you've made it more difficult to get the Italian job and make an international goal challenge and 1100 caps challenge :P

Amazing first season. The update style seems fine to me, but then again I'm a fan of hiding stuff behind spoilers and I know you're not :)

I look forward to the next update. I'm expecting all three strikers to score a hat trick in the Club World Cup, by the way ;)

Really great season especially considering the massive changes to the squad. I'm a little bit disappointed that you don't have Italian nationality as you've made it more difficult to get the Italian job and make an international goal challenge and 1100 caps challenge :P

Thank you, i was also presently surprised about how well i did, the best thing is as long as one of my three strikers is in the mood i'll score goals so i was often out scoring the opposition. 

Yeah looking back i wish i was either Italian or Serbian for one of my strikers, actually i also wish i'd selected another player as well so i could have started an international goal challenge from the start, i just didn't think about it at the time. The reason i'm Portuguese is because i just started up the save and started playing it without being 100% on my choice of strikers, i think it was even a test save i decided to continue on instead of starting again, on a test save i normally play until January and decided what i want to do with the save, this time i obviously decided to continue :P.

However that's not to say i don't venture into international football in the future..........................

Amazing first season. The update style seems fine to me, but then again I'm a fan of hiding stuff behind spoilers and I know you're not :)

I look forward to the next update. I'm expecting all three strikers to score a hat trick in the Club World Cup, by the way ;)

Yeah i think i do like it after looking at it, i just don't like hiding things as they can be over looked haha, shame the challenge progress section takes so long to work out haha.

Next year is one hell of an exciting year, i'll say that much ;)

Thanks for the comments :D