Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Site Feedback and Suggestions

Davis

Far from it I am afraid, I don't have big ears ;).

*Personal joke*

Neither do I. You do have a squeaky voice though, big indication to lack of balls dropping. ;)

Why to mess with the owner of the site? Not very smart if you plan staying here for long...

Unlike you I don't care about staying on a forum. Cheers for the advice though. :P

Dec and me always cuss each other on msn.

One thing i would suggest. Not sure if it's possible etc etc. Is if we could Copy and Paste pictures into posts. IMO It would be so much easier to be able to do that.

Ermmmmm possibly like a chat room? If thats possible. I know Supports Interactive is having one, obviously I don't know the ins and outs of it. But I reckon that could give us as a website alot more to talk about over the whole FM/FMH Scene being 1 of the only ones to have one.

Just a suggestion. :)

Dislike the whole chatroom idea as it takes away talk from forums. It was discussed when we started and most agreed that having one would lessen the activity on the forums while not really providing anything of merit.

I don't altogher agree that it would take away content from the forums at all.

For example, Me and Sam have had 20+ Page PM'S Which have had little to do with FMH, Mainly Cricket. And I know that Sam and Ollie have had long chats. So I don't think it would take away content being produced. However obviously your views are most important.

Dislike the whole chatroom idea as it takes away talk from forums. It was discussed when we started and most agreed that having one would lessen the activity on the forums while not really providing anything of merit.

I know you've been repeating this issue over and over again, but I don't think a chat room would take talk away from forums. In fact, I think that it would increase the amount of collaborations between members to create new articles.

For example, I sometimes need feedback when writing something, and I find PM not responsive enough to ask for feedback. I also don't like the whole idea of giving away my personal skype/messenger in the forums.

Plus, there's a lot of unrelated talking that happens in the forums due to the lack of a chat room (like when members are discussing when to message each other to write a new article).

TBF I am not really looking for a chat room, but something similar to a Facebook chat. It would show which of your Vibe friends are online, and you would be able to message them.

The whole point of a forum is to talk and we have an off topic to do so. PMs would suffice for general chat but mass chats there would be the type of things I would want to avoid due to the forums being the main hub for discussion and a general chat would change this - this has been proven on many forums before.

Facebook chat between people could be looked into though, however like Facebook it would just be a reskinning of the messenger to make it look like it is "live".

Something I will not include is this - http://www.invisionpower.com/products/chat/

Edit: Maybe doing the same thing as now with notifications for messages but have auto reload so if you are on the messenger page it automatically reloads making it more like a live chat if you're on the page?

As for the online list that's possible on your profile section (staff will know).

Something like Facebook chat was actually what I meant. Not a whole different 'Page' just a little box at the bottom. And I agree with Rafa, If say me and Rafa were too do a colab on a peice it would be easier to interact that way.

Also if the thing Staff will know, is only available to staff, it isn't really helping the all round forum is it? :)

What about this?

Edit: Maybe doing the same thing as now with notifications for messages but have auto reload so if you are on the messenger page it automatically reloads making it more like a live chat if you're on the page?

As for the online list that's possible on your profile section (staff will know).

I wouldn't like a top and a bottom bar on the page, would make it too cluttered.

What about this?

I wouldn't like a top and a bottom bar on the page, would make it too cluttered.

I don't personally think it would look too cluttered. At the moment we have different web stories, which I never read-Obvs some people might-but I still think there would be room for a little box.

However if need be, yes if when you got a message it went directly too it then that would suffice. :)

Am I the only one who loves playing with those 5 colour changers, I have a different colour everyweek. :lol:

Or perhaps have it on a drop down box when you click on your profile at the top? Yannoe when it has 'Signed in as Jayze'?

Just made this:

swb6m8.png

I know it says 15 online but I only did the first 2 in order to give an example. Also clicking view previous will give you the messenger in order to show old chats or continue with people that are offline.

Please note doing this will be between friends only in which will make the messenger a friends only system with staff able to PM members and override this.

Ashez - I will take a look at the possibility but if 100 people save 1 template that is a 100 txt files on the server. Looking at the possibilities of it going on cookies though.