Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Leroy's favourite loan deals in FMH 15

Lee-Roy

QGReY2m.png

Welcome one and all to my thread about the loan deals that occurred during the summer of 2014 transfer window. Originally this was going to be a shortlist of my favourite 10 loans with a brief bit of info about the deal. But after some thoight on the subject I decided that a continuous thread, where I can add as many (or hopefully all) of the most interesting deals that we got to see might make for a more interesting read. The aim is to write about a different deal every few days, talk about how it will affect the club in season two and with a bit of good luck we'll have a database for reference that will be helpful all throughout FMH15. Obviously, all facts I state are facts, but when it comes to opinion - it's my opinion and while you may not agree with it, I encourage everyone on here to state their own and get involved.

With all that said, let's jump into my first entry:

Frank Lampard

Lwvry36.png

The 2013-2014 was Frankies last season for Chelsea. After an amazing 13 years and 147 goals with the club, both parties decided that the fairytale was over. Fair enough, he's getting on the club decided they couldn't offer him the game time he wanted, and as he said himself, he fancied a new chapter in his life. So Frank earned himself a deal with new American club, New York City.

The story doesnt end there though.

I don't know the exact date, but not long after that, it was announced Lampard would be spending the MLS off season with Man City. Despite Frank's new club being owned my Man City's owner, I don't think anyone saw this coming. Was it planned all along? Was it done to fill City's home grown quota? These are answers that only a few people will eve know, but what is for sure, is Franks role in the team. I don't think anyone will argue with me when I say that there's he won't be taking on the role of a key player. Much like his role with Chelsea last year, Frank will be one hell of an impact player, proving this with his current contributions to City this season. I think his spell with City (reportedly being discussed for an extension) will serve as extended pre-season. That's not to say Frank won't play his part tho, with 3 goals to his name already, he will be leavin his impression on the BPL season, just as he has done for over a decade previously, albeit in a different shade of blue.

There is another part to each entry, and it will make it relevant to the highly anticipated FMH 15, due for release in the next few months. What I'd like to talk about is how the club loaning the player will cope in season 2. As it stands we don't have 2 year loan deals, or loan with option to buy deals, so each entry I add to this thread is only for season one. And I'd like to take the time to discuss how the player will be used in FMH, and potential replacements (or should they buy for season 2 of they can).

I think anyone managing Man City will find enough match time to Frankie. Every football fan in the world should know who he is, and if you find yourself managing City, you'll find yourself seeing the name Lampard popping up on your scoresheet often enough. Unfortunately City are in a place where they don't need Lampard and they don't need to replace him after season one. They already have a wealth of midfield talent, and with the first summer window and the winter window, by the time the loan deal ends the olayer will probably have bought in a few of his own midfielders anyway. I know that I personally would be keepin him as long as I can if I spend time at City, but I'm too sentimental for my own good. Players like Lampard, Gerrard and Terry always have a place at any club I'm managing.

Thats the end of my first addition - Frank Lampard. Be sure to let me know what you think, how you'd use him and how you'd replace him. If you fancy having a guess at who my next addition will be I will kindly leave a clue: He's a well known player, being loaned by one of his previous clubs. Thanks for reading

Great read, still sad he went but nothing we can do and Fabregas has replaced him well. As for who will replace Lampard at City, I think that is an easy one as he isn't a key player to their squad so a youngster could come up and if not then they will just buy someone.

I've been waiting for this :D, to me the most interesting is Valencia so i hope they get a mention (two great strikers on loan and recently been taken over).

As for Lampard i'd end the loan day one, in game it's a pointless transfer as all it does is hinder a player you could develope.

I've been waiting for this :D, to me the most interesting is Valencia so i hope they get a mention (two great strikers on loan and recently been taken over).

As for Lampard i'd end the loan day one, in game it's a pointless transfer as all it does is hinder a player you could develope.

Cheers :D

Does that mean you'd limit Gerrards game time, for the development of a youth player? :P

Nice article and interesting idea, might see some of the Inter players in this as all our buys, bar Medel I think, have been loans so that could be interesting aha

Yes Falcao is on a loan deal sadly. I think its beacuse Monaco violated some financial fair play rules.

I cant think of any players maybe give us the league hes in leeroy?

Nope :P

It's pretty obvious you'll be kicking yourselves.

He's leaving one league for another, to play for a former club.

Opps bad reading on my part.

No worries :P

Luís Carlos Almeida da Cunha - Nani

Wt05Kb0.png

Nani's Man Utd career has been very hit and miss. On his day, he has looked every bit the idea replacement for CR7. Other days, they may as well have been playing with 10 men. I've always felt that he tried too hard to do too much and failed too often. The talent is there, but he's never been able to nail down a good run of consistent form. Being a man who keeps the company of several Red Devil fans I've been privvy to the general opinion of the player. When seeing his name on the team sheet the first question asked is - "which Nani have we got today?". With Utd's busy summer window, and huge influx of attacking talent, Nani has managed to find an escape route back to the club where it all started - Sporting Lisbon. I don't know if this was to free up wage money, or to give Nani game time or if it was just to sweeten the Rojo deal. What I do know is that it was a great deal for both sides. Instantly, Nani who would have been nothing but a benchwarmers for the likes of ADM, Mata and co, has become the main man at a club close to his heart. Nani will be able to go back to the basics, in a slightly easier league to play in. I'm backing him to find a good level of form and maintain it all the way to the end of the season, reminding Manchester why they bought him. Unfortunately with Utd's current team of quality and prospect, along with the ability to buy in the winter and following summer windows, I don't see Nani wearing a shirt for the Red Devils again. That's getting way ahead of myself though, we still have a season to play! I honestly expect to see a season full of high standard performances from him, and as long as he finds that form, and brightens up a bit, he could play a major part in Lisbon havint a good run in Europe. At the end of the deal is like to see him join them permanently. There's no place for him at utd, and I can't imagine him wanting to play for another English team. Sure, there'd be a few clubs around Europe vying for his signature, but I believe Nani suits the role of "big fish in a small pond". Otherwise he tends to fall into the shadows and only sparkle on occasion.

FMH-Wise, this is a great deal for season one. I play as Sporting an awful lot, and without a doubt, Nani will be my star man. Considering how easier the league is I can see him running amock causing trouble every single match day. In fact, I would go as far as saying that based on his FMH14 stats, in FMH15, he could well be the best player in the whole league. Sadly, you'll only have him for one season. I don't believe Sporting's financial situation will change much between 14+15, so let's take a look at the figures:

VA9V1rG.png

wBEe1vN.png

His wage is 3x their max wage. There's no way they're buying him
After season 1. So sadly, it seems that after an amazing first season at sporting (even under AI management) he is more than likely to be doomed to a career of bench warming for Manchester. And on that sad note, I'm going to leave you to it :P

Thanks again for reading my latest entry. Be sure to let me know your opinions on my opinions and feel free to take a guess at my next entry. The clue is - This player has moved to a club on loan, while the club has sold one of their players to one of the loanee's former clubs....if that makes sense

A nice write up, Nani is an interesting case but i don't think he'll sway the FCP players to jump ship, the main issue is you won't be able to keep him imo.

I'll need to think about that clue hmm

His armband proved he was a red - Torres, Torres 
You'll never walk alone it said - Torres, Torres 
We bought the lad from sunny Spain 
He gets the ball he scores again 
Fer-nan-do Torres, Liverpool's number nine.

I should have got that straight away! I happened to walk in on my brothers on Fifa playing as Milan and it hit me haha. Yeah i'll always love that song, it was even the title to one of my careers haha.

Anyway back to Nani, i think his CA/PA will be interesting, as you said he's got bags of talent but then he's also in Portugal. Then you also have to take into account he's still an United player at the end of the day, it will be interesting :D.

I'm sure I saw somewhere that United are still paying all his wages whilst on loan so doesn't seem to be to free up wages aha, but I agree will be a great player to have in season one, and probably only season one with wages like that!