Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 What If?: New Leagues in FMH2015

Niall_McGinn

FMH15 is fast approaching and the question everyone's thinking is "Will there be new leagues in it?" We haven't seen new leagues since the introduction of the top divisions on both sides of the Irish border in FMH13, so this may be the time...

Even if new leagues don't get introduced this year, it's fun to speculate what could possibly happen.

NOTE: I'll be omitting some of the obvious choices - Russia, Turkey and USA's MLS - for the usual reasons. In the former two cases, this is because rampant software piracy in those countries mean it wouldn't be economically viable, while MLS would be too difficult both to license (thanks to the franchise system) and to program for iOS / Android.

arg-primera.gif

ARGENTINA - PRIMERA DIVISION

In terms of star power, the Primera is one of the last "big leagues" that needs to move to the handhelds. There are so many options for strategies here - from nurturing some of the game's most promising youngsters (Eder Alvarez Balanta, Lucas Boye and Guido Vadalá to name but a few) or take one of the league's seasoned veterans such as Diego Milito or Maxi Rodriguez for one last title chase.

200px-Danish_Superliga_logo_%282010%29.s

DENMARK - SUPERLIGA

Denmark's top league is one of the most exciting leagues in terms of development right now. There's a wealth of exciting Danish talent along with (relatively) big-money stars to light up the games. There's a real feeling that any team could win the league, from rich Copenhagen to Burnley-like provincial club Hobro. And it's already fully licensed for the PC games - surely it's only a small step to bring it to FMH15.

Liga_I_logo.png

ROMANIA - LIGA I

I've always had a soft spot for Romania's teams, but that isn't why the league's here. The Romanian league, as I see it, is very similar to the Belgian one (perhaps my favourite), where you can cheaply buy strong players, then go on a surprise European run. Add to that Romania's recent entry into the EU, meaning this could be a chance to build up a new market.

K_League_Classic.png

SOUTH KOREA - K-LEAGUE

As followers of this site (and its sister sites) can probably tell, FMH has a highly dedicated fanbase in South Korea. So why not give the fans what they want? The K-League is perhaps the strongest of Asian leagues, and is - once again - home to young domestic talent alongside big-name foreign players. And like the Danish Superliga, it's already fully licensed, with logos and everything, on the PC version.

249px-Logo_Raiffeisen_Super_League.png

SWITZERLAND - SUPER LEAGUE

Swiss clubs are making great strides in Europe, and the national team is on a real high due to their rise in the world rankings, so this is a logical step. People see this as a one-team league, but Basle have lost some of their best talent recently, and this is a prime opportunity for an exciting title race. Plus it's awash with (noticing a theme here...) young domestic talent.

Well, this has been a fun bit of speculation, and I'd welcome any suggestions as to which league you'd like to see make their handheld debut in FMH15.

Great work Niall ;)

Romanian FA wants that next season to introduce the same system as Belgium (That's why this season 6 teams are relegating ; I think that is a stupidity because Romani has 20 mil. people ,enough for 18 teams legue)

Adding india super league and Persian Gulf League would be funny   :lol:

But i see Japan "J-League" better than korean one

Adding india super league and Persian Gulf League would be funny :lol:

Due to licensing issues the J.League will probably never happen, ever. The Indian Super League would be great to see, but I think they'll wait to see if it succeeds first.

Adding india super league and Persian Gulf League would be funny   :lol:

Actually in recent history is K league are better

I want to play Basel and young boys xD

On topic: I would really like to see that some lower leagues would be added to the game like the conference premier/south/north in Engeland.

For example the dutch topklasse zaterdag and zondag.

I like the thoughts behind the possible inclusion of the Swiss and Danish league.

Of course, Steaua București are previous winners of the Champions League so the addition of the Romania league could open up the possibility of people replicating this feat. 

Nice work. 

Yes I ment what Ashez said, sorry! I love it to climb through the divisions with a team. So I would like more lower leagues. Not only for holland but it was easy for me to come up with the examples of dutch amateur leagues because i live there. A german or french amateur league would be appreciated just as much. Just no idea how they call them :P

nice work 

i hope they put more leauges from the mid east like ksa or uae they have pretty good teams in an aisian level mybe not good as japan or korea 

and they make the international manageable teams more

I believe PC version of Football Manager contains Russian leagues, Turkish and more, so what's the problem just to port all players and teams data to FMH version? Where is the difficulty to add new leagues to the game for developers? It could be the problem of huge amount of data to collect, of course, but if you already have all this data in PC version, why not just to port it to Handheld?

Probably, I'm not quite competent on this issue, but I do not see the difficulty of adding new leagues.