Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Football Manager Handheld 2015 News (Update 6.3 out now)

Dec

fmh2015logohub.png

Release Date: 20th November 00:01 GMT on iOS and Android
Price: £6.99/€8.99/$10.99

Features:
Brand New Match Engine
A completely new and more realistic 2D Match Engine allows you to better analyse your team’s performance on the field to help you make those tough decisions.*
*New match engine not available on all devices, some devices might run original match engine as default depending on processing and memory capabilities.

Scouting Agency
A brand new Scouting Agency which allows you to look at, and monitor, a ranked list of the top 50 players within the game both for current ability and future potential.

Rankings and Dynamic League Reputation
New World Rankings, for international teams and national leagues, which will evolve over time based on performances in continental competitions.

More Detailed Club Stats
A Club Stats page dedicated to showing you more detailed seasonal and historical information about all areas of your club.

Manager Achievements Page
A Manager Achievements page so you can track all of your accolades and get a run-down on all trophies, awards and achievements won.

Improved My Club Mode
You can now assign Player Roles to each of your squad members and also save any player from any career and use that player in your My Club squad.

Improved Look and Feel
More improvements to the user interface to make your role as manager easier.

New In-Game Editor to Purchase
A brand new purchasable in-game editor that allows you to change your game data throughout your career. Want more cash? Want your striker’s stats to be better? Now you can do that and lots more besides.

Screenshots:

Club%20History.PNG
Club%20Overview.PNG
Dynamic%20League%20Reputations.PNG
Match%20Engine%201.PNG
Match%20Engine%202.PNG
Match%20Engine%203.PNG
Match%20Engine%204.PNG
Match%20Engine%205.PNG
Match%20Engine%206.PNG
Player%20Form%201.PNG
Player%20Form%202.PNG
Player%20Profile.PNG
Scouting%20Agency.PNG
Store%20-%20IGE.PNG
Tactics%20Screen.PNG
Trophy_Cabinet.png
XXX%20My%20Club%20Player%20Creation.PNG

1. Really interesting and needed, my worry is if that makes the game harder challenges will become unfair due to balance of which one you're able to use.

2. Now that's cool :D

3. Finally :D

4/5. Nice, a really cool set of features

Editor: Extremely interesting, as it's an unlockable can we unlock it or is it purchase only? It best have a indicator of when it's been used though, if not I won't be pleased :P

Is that all? No new leagues?

Really like the idea of dynamic league reputation. It will finally be possible to drag a minor league like Wales up the rankings, at least in theory. Could be a new idea for a challenge ;)

I have high hopes for the new match engine, too. Definitely something that was needed.

A shame there are no new leagues, but I wasn't really expecting any.

Interesting features :) however I think that the league standars will not be used as UEFA's coefficient as there are non European championships...

Then there seems to be no new league :(

Editor might be very cool :) waiting to see what it allows us to do ;)

Can we expect more improvements which are not revealed yet?

If its just the 2d representation of the match engine that's been updated then it shouldn't make a difference to the difficulty of the game. If the underlying engine is different that would be a bit of an issue.

Does that mean we can watch the whole match on a 2D pitch and also, does it mean we can view the previous league tables season by season?

Some nice little features there..bit disappointed their isn't any new leagues especially when I seen the screenshot for the reputation I thought Russia might have been a new one, love the in game editor (even better if you can unlock it) let's see what people can do with it :)

Overall some great additions to the series but nothing that's making me count down to release more than I was tbh. Again the key feature is something we've been doing for two years just like 14, seriously if there isn't an indicator that the editor has been used the challenge forums are dead.

Last year I was downhearted on release but 14 was such a bad year for me I'm craving to crack on hoping that 15 is an improvement :D. Then again I'd have taken a working match engine, a reskin and a new league over everything mentioned here, my last hope is we finally have the ACONs added and playable African national teams as the added national teams were a surprise last year.

I see the description for the editor unlockable as being able to edit the database, but you see you can edit a teams finances and a players stats as well. I can't see why SI wouldn't include that in the description of something they're trying to sell :/

If its just the 2d representation of the match engine that's been updated then it shouldn't make a difference to the difficulty of the game. If the underlying engine is different that would be a bit of an issue.

The underlying engine is totally unrelated to anything that's been previously in FMH. It's been a big project.

The underlying engine is totally unrelated to anything that's been previously in FMH. It's been a big project.

Is the underlying engine the same regardless of whether or not you have the specs to use the new 2d engine or will lower disc machines be using the current fmh2014 underlying engine?

Lower spec devices will default to the older engine. It will be possible to force them to use the new engine but in some cases this will probably be Not A Good Idea™

I can't really say too much more in advance of release but just wanted to clarify.

I bought an iPad Mini 2 a few months ago, 95% because of FMH (I hate the resolution and small DB on my Galaxy Phone), and 5% because of Hearthstone.

That's how much I want to give SI my money :).

Really excited about the new match engine. It was much needed. Hopefully we can see more roles, and maybe even role mentality in the future!

Marc Vaughan said to me on Twitter (if you want to look) then follow me back :P you can.

That it won't be for the full match the 2D pitch

1) The match engine is a welcome addition. However, I can't see any scope for additional tactical options given that older devices will default to the old engine/ display. That said, will be interesting to compare differences - will vibe have to split the tactics / challenges / career sections of the site because of the relative difficulties of playing under each respective engine?

2) I don't really get this - how is this number 2 on the list? Isn't it just a slightly more refined hot & cold form list? How does the game decide who gets populated in the list? Will it not just be Rep based selection, just like current scouting?

3) Love this. Looks like I preempted it in my FMH2014 career: Terraforming.

4/5) other welcome minor additions

6) Myclub. Don't use it. Dream team real club players is a possibility though.

7) look & feel - looks very similar to FMH2014. Would really prefer "continue" button at bottom right - really makes life easier holding phone in landscape. Same for tablet IMO.

8) in game editor. Probably will not buy.

Very excited for the game, going out to Tesco tonight to purchase my google play card, will try and stay awake til midnight but it won't happen :P

There is mention of an improved user interface. I'm guessing navigating around the game is going to be easier than fmh14. I'm in a dilemma not sure whether to stick with playing fmh14 until the final patch (assuming there is one) is released, or get fmh15 tomorrow?

I'd jump on the hype train tomorrow, it's always an exciting time going through the release with Vibe as a community than by yourself down the line.