Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 PriZe: The Black Pearl a 4-3-2-1 [2015]

PriZe

Im using almost the same tactic with Fulham and on the new engine.

The tweaks ive done are:

Inf to the right and Winger on the left

BTB instead of DLM

APM in the middle

So the midfield player instructions are:

BTB-APM-BWM

First season was a cruise to the 1st Place in Championship. (W 36 D 5 L 5 F 95 A 41 P 113)

Bought a couple of rotation players at the start (Sambou Yatabare being the only one that made it to the 1st team) and Eder Alavarez Balanta at the January transfer window.

Second season and now in March.

3rd in the Premier League. (W 17 D 9 L 4 F 56 A 30 P 60)

Bought a new LB (Danny Rose) and Left Wing (Cheryshev).

Balanta was sold for 35M in January to get in Matias Kranevitter, Alberto Cerri and a replacement CB (Jesus Vallejo).

My team set-up:

Woodrow (Poacher)

Cheryshev (Winger) - Roberts (Inf)

Yatabare (BTB) - David (APM) - Kranevitter (BWM)

Rose (WB) - Burn (CB) - Vallejo (CB) - Hoogland (WB)

Stekelenburg (GK)

As- subs i got:

Cerri (Striker)

Williams (Inf/Winger)

Rotariu (Inf/Winger)

Tunnicliffe (BTB/BWM)

Odegaard (APM)

Anghel (CB)

Alnwick (GK)

To really compete with the top teams I need a few replacements for next season. Wingbacks, a Box-to-box midfielder and a younger keeper to replace Stekelenburg.

I hope Woodrow continues to score, if not Cerri should soon be a top striker.

Woodrow scored 27 in 36 games first season and now 25 in 29 games so far.

My striker:

Cauley Woodrow

1 st season in Championship

Pld 36 Gls 27 Ast 3 Av R 7.94

2nd season in Premier League

Pld 35 Gls 26 Ast 8 Av R 7.74

His not that consistent so i tend to sub him at about 50-60 min into the game if he´s tired or a rating of 6 and below.

My subs or rotational strikers during 2nd season:

Moussa Dembele

Pld 12 Gls 8 Ast 0 Av R 7.91 (Mostly cup matches)

Stefano Okaka (Exchanged for Alberto Cerri in January)

Pld 13 Gls 4 Ast 1 Av R 7.23

Alberto Cerri

Pld 14 Gls 4 Ast 2 Av R 7.35

I hope i can get better results with Alberto Cerri next season as 1st choice and a better Left Winger, the two i have got an Av R of 7 or below while my 1st choice Inf (Patrick Roberts) got 7.41 and 10 goals.

1st season my BTB midfielder was great (Sambou Yatabare) with 11 goals and 23 assists. I Think i will have to get a better one for next season that can coupe better with the better oposition.

Aangca, your tweaks for the new engine are awesome. Of course, credit goes to Prize as well. Quality stuff. At least, so far. :)

wNj32Jw.png

uRRCUyp.png

Atsu and McGeady are asissts machines, while Lukaku and Kone are goal machines. My only signings were Kranvitter and Trappier (cover for Coleman at RB)

A liitle update. Still unbeaten in the league, sitting on top with 9W and 2D. Only loss came to City in the Cup, even though I was the better team.

QcS0A87.png

Still, I dominated against them in the league, should have been 4:0 at least. Oh well...

7ZnwmZo.png

ireland: I choose the team based on what i deem being the best player in the squad for that postion and role. Never tried auto-pick.

When I feel I need a replacement I use the Attribute guide for each role when I search.

Hema: Good to hear my tweaks work for you as well.

A littel update on my Fulham save.

Ended up at 4th place. Not to shabby being the 1st season back in PL.

Have signed a couple of extra players, no top players cause none of those that were transfer listed or in my pricerange wanted to join or demanded a to big salary.

Ponce, a mexican DL and Sidibe, a french DR at the back.

Will Hughes from Derby, i hope he can adjust to being a BTB midfielder.

And Andre Hahn as a right winger.

Due to the signing of Hahn i have switched the side of the winger and Inf again and the BTB and BWM. Will see how this turns out.

Hi prize is this tactic good for league one and two cheers

New to this forum, Great thread guys. Im going to try this tactic with the tweaks of aangca and the IT mentioned.

Can you recommend any ideal players for the midfield and wide rolls? Who are realistic for a top end Premier League team (Not city or Chelsea).

I'm personally playing with Liverpool.

New to this forum, Great thread guys. Im going to try this tactic with the tweaks of aangca and the IT mentioned.

Can you recommend any ideal players for the midfield and wide rolls? Who are realistic for a top end Premier League team (Not city or Chelsea).

I'm personally playing with Liverpool.

Hi mate, romero would be a good buy, and there is a winger zivkovic who you can get pretty cheap but is good. Otavio of FCP can be an interesting APM for you

just trying this tactic with Tamworth at Vanarama Conference North struggle at first than i switch passing to short and tackling to commited and its working.

playing half season manually and i going holiday for the rest and still win the league and FA trophy. lets see if this tactic can bring low league team to premier league.

will update later

Tried several tactics and and lost with everyone of them my first match of the season against Liverpool with Manchester United. With this tactic, I finally beat them, but I have these problems - my strikers didnt tested the keеper too much, and my defence is easily beaten in the air. Any ideas what to do? ( I will post my results water ).

Hi prize if you were a league two team would you change any thing

Hi mate totally depends on the quality of your squad. If your squad isn't the best you might want to start on balanced mentality. If you have quality b2b then swap the dlm for the b2b. It should give a bit more forward runs.

But as said, it depends on the quality of your squad :) if they can handle it and you get results i wouldn't change a thing

This tactic has done very well for me in my first season. I started off unemployed and took the first job offered to me midway through the 2014/15 season. Ancona, 3rd division in Italy. Took over with the club in dead last, 20th place, with a 2-7-10 record in the league.

With 19 games remaining, my record was an unfathomable 14-1-4, moving all the way up to 8th place in the league and only 3 points away from a 4th place promotion playoff spot. These results included a 12 match unbeaten run (11-1-0). Injuries and bad luck led to 3 defeats in my final 5 matches and that was the only thing preventing me from achieving an unbelievable promotion playoff spot. I defeated the eventual champion, drew against the team that finished 3rd and destroyed the team that finished 4th 4-1 in the process of this amazing run. I would have easily won the league if I didn't start so far behind.

Great tactic! Hopefully my next season will be even better!

This tactic has done very well for me in my first season. I started off unemployed and took the first job offered to me midway through the 2014/15 season. Ancona, 3rd division in Italy. Took over with the club in dead last, 20th place, with a 2-7-10 record in the league.

With 19 games remaining, my record was an unfathomable 14-1-4, moving all the way up to 8th place in the league and only 3 points away from a 4th place promotion playoff spot. These results included a 12 match unbeaten run (11-1-0). Injuries and bad luck led to 3 defeats in my final 5 matches and that was the only thing preventing me from achieving an unbelievable promotion playoff spot. I defeated the eventual champion, drew against the team that finished 3rd and destroyed the team that finished 4th 4-1 in the process of this amazing run. I would have easily won the league if I didn't start so far behind.

Great tactic! Hopefully my next season will be even better!

good to hear it is working for you mate! :)

I want to try with new ME

I will pot screenshot on my 1st game :)

Its realy help thanks prize

i haven't tried it on the new ME, so looking forward to hear how it works!

d38ee64bec06e2f4cd75cfd0c9bd5109.jpg

7ac786ae6777019c5b4f93cf4d21b443.jpg

df1f9b01c55e531dbad251c76373e218.jpg

Thanks prize its work very nice with Atletico [emoji2] i got J.Draxler and he play very well with my poacher Madzukic have so many goal

Aerial duel very important for poacher i try play 2 winger and Mandzukic very very dangerous 44 [emoji2]

I win BBVA Super Cup Copa Del Rey and Euro Championship. Thanks Prize

Ever since I have started playing FMH I have never played with wide players. When I have built my strongest team my preferred formation is a flat 4-3-3 with the wing-backs providing the width. I usually prefer to take over a Vanarama South/North and see how long it takes me to win the PL and Champions League, I have recently done it with Sutton Utd but I am now starting again with Boston but with sugar daddy turned off, using enhanced engine.

I noticed when I was with Sutton that my preferred formation did not work until you have reached the PL and have  international class players in the key positions so you need to use 2 or 3 tactics throughout the season. On my current Boston save my most successful formation is very similar to this one, three central midfielders, two wide players with one man up-front. I can change the tactic throughout the game depending on my needs, drop a midfielder back to be more defensive, push one forward to be more offensive etc.

The problem I am having though, and the reason I don’t like to use wide-men and prefer all my best players through the middle where they can affect the game more, is that my inside forwards don’t hardly contribute anything during the game, I am lucky if they have one key pass or shot every two games. I have just won promotion from League two by finishing second and a majority of my signings have been free-transfers or promoted from the reserves so they don’t have the best stats but I would still expect them to contribute more. The majority of the assists and goals they do get seem to come from set-pieces.

I usually play a balanced style with either short or mixed passing, is there something more specific I should be looking for? 

I decided to start a game at League 2 Portsmouth FC and I used The Black Pearl tactic. I had a pretty successful season to say the least. Transfer wise I didn't really bring anyone in apart from SC Jordan Robertson on a free and a young AML on loan from Wolves called Connor Hunte, just for cover. In January I brought in Anthony Gardner and Jermaine Jenas, again on frees, as I had a couple of injuries.

Now I appreciate Pompey have a good squad for the league and a fairly healthy budget but I wasn't expecting the results I got. So I'll see how we go this season in League 1. I finished up winning the league by quite some distance.

post-57578-0-55939400-1425473847_thumb.j

The encouraging thing is I had a decent cup run (quarter finals in the F.A. Cup where I lost to Liverpool 3-0 and 4th round of League cup where I lost to Spurs 2-1) and along the way beat teams from League 1 & The Championship. Including a 2-1 victory over Premiership side Burnley. A personal highlight as a North End fan!

The highlight though was the form of Jordan Robertson. When I signed him his stats where decent and I had to make him one of my top earners to get him but he didn't stop scoring.

post-57578-0-82982400-1425474609_thumb.j

In one cup game against Yeovil he bagged 4 in a game that saw 7 goals in 15 second half minutes. His recommended and prefered roles are as a Target Man but I played him as a Poacher. I have never had a striker score so many. The most I can remember was a few years ago when I signed Hernan Crespo at PNE on a free and he got 54.

post-57578-0-38547800-1425474820_thumb.j

I've played FM in its various forms for years now and I'm not naive enough to think the same will happen in League 1 next year! I've made, what I think, are good additions to the squad over pre season though so we shall see. This tactic certainly helped get me out of the league. Credit to PriZe for developing it. Cheers.