Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 The Pigs Drift by Piggers5

ashley8344

What is the 2014 original tactic that everyone says worked so well?

Original Engine

Oh I see. I thought people meant the tactic had changed slightly from last year and worked better. Thanks.

I'm not trying to offend but in my opinion it is like turning on easy mode. You can just plug these tactics in and just steam roll every team without really even having to think. Maybe switch to defensive once you've got a lead or rotate some players from time to time but on the whole you do very little. I can switch to the old engine and play a 4,3,2,1 and just batter everyine 5-0 with a mid level team on the old engine but with the enhanced there is no quick fix that works anywhere near as well.

I kinda agree with you nick. No offend to the old engine but its getting easier and easier by the time. Compared to the new enhanced engine, there is really no super tactic. You need to adapt more on whats happening to the game. On old engine, I can use pigs drift and snowball away my team through matches and win leagues after leagues, but on the new enhanced engine, things dont go that easily. I usually use around 2-3 tactics every match. I agree there is some tweaking needs to be done and I hope we can figure out how we can work on this tactic.

I'm not trying to offend but in my opinion it is like turning on easy mode. You can just plug these tactics in and just steam roll every team without really even having to think. Maybe switch to defensive once you've got a lead or rotate some players from time to time but on the whole you do very little. I can switch to the old engine and play a 4,3,2,1 and just batter everyine 5-0 with a mid level team on the old engine but with the enhanced there is no quick fix that works anywhere near as well.

I kinda agree with you nick. No offend to the old engine but its getting easier and easier by the time. Compared to the new enhanced engine, there is really no super tactic. You need to adapt more on whats happening to the game. On old engine, I can use pigs drift and snowball away my team through matches and win leagues after leagues, but on the new enhanced engine, things dont go that easily. I usually use around 2-3 tactics every match. I agree there is some tweaking needs to be done and I hope we can figure out how we can work on this tactic.

I don't believe you can batter everyone 5-0 with a mid table team or that you can just snowball your way through the league.

If only it was that easy. Believe me - I've tried.....

im in the middle of a direct comparison....

Pigs 2014 on original engine vs the 2015 version on enhanced engine. Same teams, same players in and same players out.

I dont have the screens of the enhanced yet but i was really struggling by the new year, hence the posts i made here. I'm almost finished on the season with the original engine, progress is:

im getting ravaged by injuries but thats all im having to worry about really, the last 4 games i've been using a guy out of my reserves up front

2eujxjk.png

8vnk1y.png

It won't work on the enhanced engine because the match engine is terrible and unfinished, when SI decide to fix it people will start finding the game easy again.

The original engine can't be easy if people need to use other peoples created tactics and stop saying the new engine is realistic.

I don't believe you can batter everyone 5-0 with a mid table team or that you can just snowball your way through the league.

On the original engine, you can and its very possible, I even win scoring 9-2 with this tactic, but on the new enhance engine, its very hard to win..,

On the original engine, you can and its very possible, I even win scoring 9-2 with this tactic, but on the new enhance engine, its very hard to win..,

What team were you when you won everything and won 9-2? I will start a new save on old engine (the only engine I use) and see if it works for me with same team as you....

Really glad some people have enjoyed playing with this tactic.

I try to score lots of goals and not worry about the defence too much :)

Here is the 2015 updated edition. All tested with the old engine (my phone recommended this was the best option for me). Any feedback with regards to testing with the new engine would be cool.

Ok so basically I like a tactic to work on 3 different levels. Win everything with big teams, overachieve with mid table teams and work in the lower leagues.

So in that order;

REAL - La Liga, Champions League and World Club Cup

sCfUR9v.png

Almost invincible

tJtm6X8.png

THE OVER-ACHIEVERS / SPURS

V6a0Pac.png

I love this guy

JNmFzuN.png

LOWER LEAGUE / POMPEY

adbXsU6.png

bPYF9dw.png

***** PIGG'S DRIFT 2015 *****

yLaGOJB.png

ZRkqVaf.png

Are the team instructions always attacking, mixed, normal? Regardless of whether I'm playing as Real Madrid or AFC Wimbledon? Home or away etc?

Yep always same instructions. Don't know if it helps bit I also use the auto-pick function coz I'm pretty sure the game takes into account hidden attributes. The lines up are often a lot different then I would have chosen but I find the team functions significant better when I use auto-pick.

whats auto pick???

It's where the game picks your starting 11 players and the subs.

Yep always same instructions. Don't know if it helps bit I also use the auto-pick function coz I'm pretty sure the game takes into account hidden attributes. The lines up are often a lot different then I would have chosen but I find the team functions significant better when I use auto-pick.

Thanks mate. Gonna give this another go for 20 games or so and gauge how I'm doing after that.

Also I loaded the game just now and randomly picked a pre set 451 formation and auto picked the team. It put an ACM who has 8 tackling in a b2b position, and Sven Bender in an AMC position lol.....

Ha! That's funny :D

Sometimes I splash my transfer kitty on a promising striker and auto-pick doesn't give him a game. As I said before though, as peculiar as the selections seem to be it tends to get the job done.

Ha! That's funny :D

Sometimes I splash my transfer kitty on a promising striker and auto-pick doesn't give him a game. As I said before though, as peculiar as the selections seem to be it tends to get the job done.

I've decided to start a new save using this tactic and just for fun, I'm going to auto pick every player and play them (unless they are below 90%) and I'm going to do this for 1 season.

I'll post up the results. I just need a starting team now.

Any suggestions?

What team were you when you won everything and won 9-2? I will start a new save on old engine (the only engine I use) and see if it works for me with same team as you....
I did use FCP .., on pre season, ull get tie's and lose, but after a few games the tactic will work.., I havent tried yet the updated version of pigs drift, i use the version with wide midfielder on the left, posted on 2014 tactics. You also need to make sure your players are comfotable with the position assign and need a very good captain..,

I havent played on lower league yet on 2015, but on 2014, i use dresden german league 2.., Assuming the 2014 engine is the same as 2015 original engine, the tactic will work on lower league.

no suggestions but lower league is always good fun and you'll need plenty of forwards.

Just a very quick post. I'm around 18 league games into the season and...... oh my god this works ridiculously well. It's actually quite funny for reasons I'll explain later.

I'm going to work soon but will try to finish the season today and I'll do a full review with screen shots etc.

Unbelievable.... :-)

Wow I just typed out a massive review of my season but something happened and now it's all gone!! Here is a quick review cos that's really annoyed me. Will post screen shots in next post.

Played as Bromley in the division below conference - can't remember name. All players in that division are rubbish so I kept my players and promoted random reserves that I didn't look at.

I sold no one and bought no one and auto picked before every game.

I rarely used subs and never changed anything during the game. I just auto picked every game and those 11 players played the full match.

That normally meant they would start the next match around 80%-90% fit but so be it.

When a defender was sent off - I changed nothing and just played on.

Won the league and finished 24 points ahead of 2nd and 50 points ahead of 3rd. Also beat teams 2 divisions above me in the cups.

Anyway phone is winding me up so will just post screen shots.

Massive thanks to piggers5 for this tactic.

Again - thanks to piggers5 ;-)

I hope these screens shots works....

Results

jEBiU2j.jpg

1ll04gw.jpg

3JFIuto.jpg

nAR3MiA.jpg

XNXI6vs.jpg

Job offer from League 2 and was only in January

nfrpk3A.jpg

Example of silly goals scored against me which happened regularly but I generally scored more than them. Looks at the shots on target...

ag6DIe2.jpg

o78wOPi.jpg

League table - Undefeated

1h4gNit.jpg

Some stats

BWE6jGP.jpg

tEpgEaS.jpg

Wow I just typed out a massive review of my season but something happened and now it's all gone!! Here is a quick review cos that's really annoyed me. Will post screen shots in next post.

Played as Bromley in the division below conference - can't remember name. All players in that division are rubbish so I kept my players and promoted random reserves that I didn't look at.

I rarely used subs and never changed anything during the game. I just auto picked every game and those 11 players played the full match.

That normally meant they would start the next match around 80%-90% fit but so be it.

Won the league and finished 24 points ahead of 2nd and 50 points ahead of 3rd. Also beat teams 2 divisions above me in the cups.

What version of this tactic did you use?

Hey no fair - you went undefeated before I did and it's my damn tactic!!

Seriously though - Very impressive results, thanks so much for testing :)

Very impressive season dutch.., Like others claim, this tactic is super duper offensive very effective tactic.., Thanks to piggers5 for sharing this tactic. I cant wait to see your working tactic on the new enhance engine..,

I love the idea behind this - but it just doesn't seem to work on the enhanced match engine at all - I've been getting mediocre results but nothing my own tactics haven't been able to produce. I've been trying a different 3-4-3 tactic and this seems to be working much better. I think the enhanced match engine harbours an intense hate towards the usage of wingers / inside forwards / wing backs. I haven't been able to find or develop a tactic that enables to work these roles the way they should. 

I'd suggest trying to come up with a way to make this work in the enhanced engine, but - this would probably mean giving it a bit of an overhaul, which defeats the purpose. So hopefully SI will fix the enhanced match engine in a further update, and then I'll definitely give this tactic another go!

I've decided to play a 2nd season with Bromley after winning promotion.

I lost some players that were out of contract and wouldn't sign new contracts so I just brought in some random freebies.

It's obviously more difficult as everyone else in this league has better players, and I have to 'fight bravely against relegation'. I'm just over half way through the season but on my way to work now. Will post up results later today.

Again same rules apply as last season - Auto pick every game....

I won the league again but this time I also won the fa trophy.

I won the first 10 league games but then no win in 6 with some very irritating results. I'll post a couple.

Considering how bad my squad is, I'm over the moon again. I want another job now as I doubt this team will win League 2 after back to back promotions.

Results

tUWiZTW.jpg

LBvZ5Hg.jpg

nHeqgCe.jpg

BXwlUPa.jpg

ukBWM3m.jpg

League table

dLEExVX.jpg

Ended up losing this 5-4. This was 2nd half. Check out shots on target.....

qH9jG0O.jpg

Another irritating result

h5pyRsU.jpg

Stats

lRxrXXo.jpg

Anyway back to back league wins and promotions, and a cup win. Very good tactic :-)

I've been using this tactic on the challenges, playing TNS we won 18 straight games scoring 84 goals and conceded only 9. I half expected to concede more after seeing others results.