Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Goal kicks

Robert Jolley

Anyone know a way to get the keeper to play in short from goal kicks? Most matches finish 10(1) passes from my keeper because of constant long goal kicks.

Have passing set to short in team instructions. Mentality doesn't seem to matter either. Defensive, mixed and balanced all seem to favour long kicks.

Playing on enhanced engine.

I think this can't be influenced by altering passing instructions, and by anything at all tbh :D

That's real annoying. AI seems to have no problems with short passing. AI doesn't have a problem with DMs either though so I guess they are just awesome

What's your defensive set up?

Just a theory but a keeper might be more tempted to play it short to WBs/BPD than players less comfortable on the ball like LDs and so on. The sweeper keeper role could also improve on this but as i said it's just a thought.

What's your defensive set up?

Just a theory but a keeper might be more tempted to play it short to WBs/BPD than players less comfortable on the ball like LDs and so on. The sweeper keeper role could also improve on this but as i said it's just a thought.

ATM its 2 WBs and 2 CDs. I've tried with BPDs in the past and had no success.

Good idea though. Is nobody else having this problem though?

It's not something i've ever looked at or thought about to be honest.

I take it your keeper has high stats for a player that will play the ball short like high passing and throwing?

Do you use the offside trap? That could also stop short passing at the back as you're playing higher up the pitch and not as close to the GK.

Do you use a player that attracts long balls like a TM or someone who would run onto them like ADF?

Just thinking out loud tbh haha.