Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Minecraft

Saul

I first played Minecraft on the Classic server (both online and offline), the Classic server is free and has everything unlocked and everything is one-click (a.k.a. boring).

Within 3 days I had bought the Alpha version of the game (soon to reach Beta stage). It is £8 and so good.

A simple game with no objective or story line, you have to use your imagination.

Whether you play in Peaceful building and exploring or play on Hard and go monster hunting it is unbelievable fun. Hours have passed within a moment.

Try out the free server (although it isn't really a good comparison as you don't get to see many aspects of the game as you do in survival mode).

If you already have it, feel free to discuss it.

Any questions, just ask :)

MINECRAFT LINK

Minecraft is a sandbox building game which allows players to build constructions out of textured cubes in a 3D world. It is currently in development by Markus "Notch" Persson on the Java platform. The gameplay is inspired by , , , and especially .Minecraft was developed for about a week before its public release on May 16, 2009 on the TIGSource forums, where it gained a considerable level of popularity. It has been continually updated since then.

:(

Hoped to get some replies even if they were asking rather than discussing, anyway to try and get the ball rolling, here is my current plans:

Mode: Peaceful (no monsters)

0a23f9c6edeb5c847ca641248d50acb5.png

Not actually played this but my mate says some people from his college course play it and say it's quite good, so thinking of trying out the free version to see what it's like.

Built my heated pool and about to start of the log/wood cabin.

Franco, I wouldn't say the free on helps at all. It will give you an idea of the controls, but everything is unlocked for you and everything is one-click. So you miss out on most of the game (gathering and making resources).

I would say check it out, get an idea of the controls and workings of the game. If you do buy it I am more than happy to help you out with how to make things when you first start out.

Get back to me on how you find the game :)

-----------------------

Also, I was thinking about creating a private online server for our site only if a few people played it/began playing it.

So after opening, I will see if anyone does and if they do I will definately create a server for it.

There is singleplayer and multiplayer Classic for free and singleplayer and multiplayer Alpha which costs money.

The one I have is Alpha.

Classic doesn't really give you a feel for the game though. I had to buy it on a long shot and it paid off as I am addicted to it.

This is one of the best games around at the moment in my opinion. I am addicted to it as well. You could also add finding a dungeon to your Minecraft plans and if there is a saddle in there, ride a pig.

And how can I forget riding to the Nether and start fighting some Ghasts. And then you should be done.

yay a fellow miner :D

I am currently on my "build" world, so I play on peaceful and try and build as big a world as possible.

FInished the cabin and currently building a glass skywalk between the two.

I don't suppose you know how to make a server?

I had a look, but after the fist few steps it got really confusing.

Hope more members play/start playing the best game ever :P

I'll get screenshots of my creations so far after I finish my current project.

Any chance you could upload your current/new creations? Just an idea, let people see the game in all its glory and maybe become interested.

What I am doing on it looks complicated? or the game itself?

Also, not played Yu-Gi-Oh in 7 years. Saw the game come out for XLBA on the 3rd Nov and decided to try the demo (kill time until Black Ops), then got hooked on it and bought it.

Did you google sum? or just look at my screenshots?

Also, the map gets randomly generated every time you start a new game.

You can you 128 blocks down and 128 blocks up. You can go infinite sideways.

Every maps is different and it is pretty simple. You begin with NOTHING. You have to get and make everything yourself.

Survive the night by any means possible.

Monsters come to get you at night.

Zombies, Spiders, Creepers and Skeletons that shoot arrows at you.

I should be buying this when my dad gets back so I can use his card to pay for it, hopefully nothing messes up like the website was doing earlier :D

Download the file don't play in browser. Also log in whenever you turn on your laptop. That way you can always play offline no matter what errors are with the game.