Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 How to counter 4 4 1 1

billy2shots

Finally getting into FMH15 and am 7 seasons deep into a Liverpool career. I'm smashing the granny out of everyone (120 goals in the premiership last season) but as soon as I run into an AI 4411 my team fall to pieces. Tried loads of things but can't counter poor to mid teams let alone top teams.

So any tips.

PS AI 4411 seems overly strong compared to any 4411 I create.

Ok so I just worked out how to consistently beat the AI 4411 and 451 formations.

99% of the time I would have 10-15 shots on target and limit the oppo to less than 5 however they would always be hard for me to beat. I can score 130 league goals a season and concede less than 20 but these 2 systems annoyed the hell out of me.

So how do you counter a 4 or 5 man midfield? The answer makes me even more annoyed with this game. I am having great success playing 1 man in the central midfield position. 1 man vs 5!!!!

It shouldn't work and in real life it wouldn't, but this is good old football manager we are talking about here.

What's your formation? Your midfield likely get's overrun, and thus they can work the ball easily to your defense and be strong on the counter.

I tend to play with three central midfielders in my tactic, I figure this allows me to outnumber most teams in midfield and win the midfield battle.

3 central midfielders normally but the AI 441 and 451 get the better of me.

1 single central midfielder 2 deep and 3 strikers have countered those tricky formations for me.

So you play a standard 4-3-3 normally or a Defensive 4-2-1-3.

If I am right your change against the 4411 is like?

ST ST ST

CM

DM DM

LB CB CB RB

GK

If so then you leave huge amounts of space on the flanks for a balanced 4-4-1-1 too counter. If you are on Attacking, or even balanced with pressing, chances are your DM's will come up to support your CM and leave space behind for the 4-4-1-1 AM and maybe an attacking CM to get in their.

So you play a standard 4-3-3 normally or a Defensive 4-2-1-3.If I am right your change against the 4411 is like?ST ST STCMDM DMLB CB CB RBGKIf so then you leave huge amounts of space on the flanks for a balanced 4-4-1-1 too counter. If you are on Attacking, or even balanced with pressing, chances are your DM's will come up to support your CM and leave space behind for the 4-4-1-1 AM and maybe an attacking CM to get in their.

Appreciate your viws mate but please re read the thread. Its sorted now. The unrealistic 1 central midfielder works.

So you play a standard 4-3-3 normally or a Defensive 4-2-1-3.If I am right your change against the 4411 is like?ST ST STCMDM DMLB CB CB RBGKIf so then you leave huge amounts of space on the flanks for a balanced 4-4-1-1 too counter. If you are on Attacking, or even balanced with pressing, chances are your DM's will come up to support your CM and leave space behind for the 4-4-1-1 AM and maybe an attacking CM to get in their.

Oops. I'm always in a rush these days I keep misreading threads. I though you were having problems because of the one midfielder. Anyway, good luck.

Appreciate your viws mate but please re read the thread. Its sorted now. The unrealistic 1 central midfielder works.

Can you share the roles you use for the players? In the original tactic and the 1 midfielder [emoji4]

Thanks