Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Around the World in 800 BatiGoals

BatiGoal

Wow, I love how the added touch you've put into your progress image.

And well done for not quitting due to injuries

A picture says more than a thousand words right? Yeah I need clear visuals so I know exactly what still lies ahead. Also makes it harder for readers to lose track :-)

As for his injuries I did feel I was pushing him a little so maybe I'm to blame. Starting games at 80-90% to come off mid 2nd half eventually caused that month on the sidelines. I'll be wiser regarding his fitness. I'm learning too.

Thanks btw.

Cheers!

Hard luck with injuries! But decent enough total for first season well done

Thanks UKF, let's indeed evaluate after a couple seasons in if I picked the right guy for the grand 800.

Half-way season 2....

Had a look at my team and identified the weak spots. Midfield. 3 ageing players in DM and 2x CM. All in their 30's so wasn't expecting better performances this year. I brought in 3 very decent mid-20 replacements at least as good and for a bargain and years to develop.

I also changed my formation back to a 1 striker up front. It worked. Specific roles actually match most of the players' preffered roles which is a bonus.

Formation + Player Roles

formation361.jpg

Now instead of talking too much I rather overwhelm you with screenshots for a change. Enjoy!

Let's start big!

13jan.jpg

Whaaat? it just won't get in!

17jan.jpg

Edging closer to 800

20jan.jpg

Was it off-side, ref???

31jan.jpg

Love the opponent's name

7feb.jpg

what? off-side again? REF!!! get your act together!

10feb.jpg

Ok that's it! There's a conspiracy going on!!

14feb.jpg

Injury!! NO!!! Luckily just a pinky toe thingie

17feb.jpg

Sao Paulo down. I like!

21feb.jpg

Upping the tally!

24feb.jpg

Malcom not messin' with it!

28feb.jpg

Malcom In The Middle!

2march.jpg

Match-Winner Malcom!

6march.jpg

2 points lost 1 goal gained

13march.jpg

Malcom claiming his stake!

16march.jpg

Malcom finding his groove!

20march.jpg

It's all in the '7'

30march.jpg

Malcom adds another 2

3april.jpg

Piling up the penalties!

10april.jpg

Those in the dying seconds are the sweetest!

27april.jpg

No injury-shocker again just a pinky toe on the other foot. Nice shoot-out!

1may.jpg

Nice first half of the season. No complaints. Let's keep the momentum shall we?

so that's +31 goals..

30g31g.jpg

=76.

Road to 800 goals:

Chapter 1: Malcom in Brasil (..in progress)

- 1st season: 45 goals (Corinthians)

- 2nd season: ..... goals (Corinthians)

Chapter 2: Malcom in Holland

Chapter 3: Malcom in Spain

Chapter 4: Malcom in England

Progress:

76goals.jpg

Cheers!

Thanks guys.

Nice going mate!

Thanks man.

Woah Woah Woah!!! This kid is playing on the Enhanced Engine!! Fair play son!! In Brazil aswell! How long does it take you to do a season?

In Brazil there are nearly 70 games/season that's a day of multi-tasking if you wanna do it within a day but it takes long having loaded 4 active nations as well I'm doing half a season per day.

Great work so far - love the look of this challenge, and a good start too.

You're going to have to hope that the Ajax manager is really bad as I doubt any of the other clubs in Holland will have a chance at signing him!

Great work so far - love the look of this challenge, and a good start too.

You're going to have to hope that the Ajax manager is really bad as I doubt any of the other clubs in Holland will have a chance at signing him!

Thanks.

You may be right. I think PSV and Ajax have the best chance of signing him as I'm sure Malcom will see both teams as a step forward in his career. But there's this money problem and I was hoping Depay would stay at PSV so I could make money off of him or a player exchange if lucky but he's just been sold to Man Utd for a penny.

I don't know what I will do if I can't get him to Holland..start over? continue for 1000 goals? We'll see.

Season 2 has been concluded. Let's see how he did.

Malcom's Moments:

Penalty Moments

PM1.jpg

PM2.jpg

Match Winning Moments

MWM2.jpg

MWM3.jpg

MWM1.jpg

Disallowed Goals Moments

DGM2.jpg

DGM1.jpg

DG3.jpg

Injury Moments

IM1.jpg

IM2.jpg

2monthsout.jpg

2 months later.....

Brace Moments

BM1.jpg

BM2.jpg

BM3.jpg

New Contract

NewCont.jpg

I gave him a new 5-year contract last year so in order to keep him 'affordable' for Dutch teams he's not getting any.

Malcom's Profile

Malcomprof.jpg

Nice improvement overall. A promising 19-year-old. Wish I could bring him to Europe already.

Malcom's 62 Goals in 73 games

138g107g.jpg

Road to 800 goals:

- 2nd season: 62 goals (Corinthians)

- 3rd season: .... goals (Corinthians)

Progress:

goals107.jpg

Cheers!

Going fantastic but I fear you're already in trouble! His price tag is very high and you expect he'd cost around 30 million which will be tough for most Dutch teams. Then looking at his wage, he's on £800,000, while at the start of the game Ajax's max wage is £26,000!

I think it might be a case of trying to get to Holland when he's old at this rate, you need another season or two to break the 200 and you'd expect his value to sky rocket again within that time!

Best of luck mate!

I don't know if it's in the spirit of things but why not hold off on the contract and then in the fourth season (when you should break the 200 mark) offer him a huge one year deal.

When you leave he should be nearing the end of his contract and you may be able to get him for free. The huge bit of the contract will make it hard for the club to offer better terms.

Like I say, might not be in the spirit of things.

Everything is a gamble. If Batti does too well with the guy, he could have multiple offers from all the big clubs anyway.

My example was how to still get him in Holland if Batti was dead set on that league next. I think he is already priced out of that option so was thinking outside of the box.

Going fantastic but I fear you're already in trouble! His price tag is very high and you expect he'd cost around 30 million which will be tough for most Dutch teams. Then looking at his wage, he's on £800,000, while at the start of the game Ajax's max wage is £26,000!

800K is actually his yearly wages. Ajax's is 26K monthly or yearly? Still I'm definitely in trouble. Hadn't seen this coming not this bad.

I should've picked a way smaller player but after 4 season (maybe 5 for a small player) don't you think 200 goals later even a 'small' player will be unaffordable for any Dutch/Portuguese team?

Unless as you say I do Spain and England first and then his fourth club in Holland/Portugal but I then fear his Messi-Ronaldo-like wage demands.

I don't know if it's in the spirit of things but why not hold off on the contract and then in the fourth season (when you should break the 200 mark) offer him a huge one year deal.

When you leave he should be nearing the end of his contract and you may be able to get him for free. The huge bit of the contract will make it hard for the club to offer better terms.

My guess is he'd have a long list of clubs to choose from and mine not being on it. There's a chance it could work, thanks for the idea tho, but knowing my luck it's unlikely.

Everything is a gamble. If Batti does too well with the guy, he could have multiple offers from all the big clubs anyway.

My example was how to still get him in Holland if Batti was dead set on that league next. I think he is already priced out of that option so was thinking outside of the box.

One of my other thoughts was shipping him to Holland first as part of a player exchange or generous Christmas gift but that's definitely not in the spirit of the game.

I think I had to get a new club and only then bring him over ..anyway..I'll do his 200 goals in 2 more seasons and then see how unsalvable the situation has become.

IMO I really think you will struggle to get him to Ajax,but that's the risk when you take with a wonder kid,but keep it going lad

I definitely miscalculated on this one. Didn't expect such a sharp rise.

Will update season 3 tonight and I might need some advice from you guys on how to progress from here.

Getting this guy to holland next would definitely be a miracle

His price's just gone thru the roof so yup it's become mission impossible now. Unless I bring him to Holland closer to his retirement age.

Makes me wonder tho if it's possible to get any player scoring 200 goals in Brazil to Holland. Seems unlikely to be honest.

Here's some bits of season 3..

4 goals

qg.jpg

2 goals

dbg6.jpg

dbg5.jpg

dbg4.jpg

dbg3.jpg

dbg2.jpg

Interest from Europe

mancmalc.jpg

2 goals

dbg1.jpg

dbg9.jpg

Malcom Injured

inj2ms.jpg

2 months later...

2 goals

dbg8.jpg

dbg7.jpg

Malcom's Profile

MalPro.jpg

Malcom's Goal Tally

203g170g.jpg

Good season and great goal ratio.

Road to 800 goals:

- 2nd season: 62 goals (Corinthians)

- 3rd season: 63 goals (Corinthians)

- 4th season: ..... goals (Corinthians)

Progress:

goals170.jpg

It's just a matter of time before I hit the 200 mark in Brazil and the obvious problem is there's no way I can get him to Holland now with his massive pricetag. Dutch teams won't have the money to afford him. Major bummer. Love this challenge and didn't foresee his price to skyrocket this fast. A painful miscalculation on my part. Apologies guys!

So what's next? I leave it totally up to you guys whatever you prefer to see.

1. Continue in Brazil and try to hit the net 1000 times.
  2. Swap the chapters do Spain and England first and finish with Holland and try to complete this challenge.
  3. Restart with a player of your choice.

Please give me your thoughts guys.

Cheers!

Unless you consider this cheating, you could offer him as a player exchange to a club that offered position to you, but before you accepted it. Then, when you accept the offer, player exchange should still be active for you to accept at the new club. That's what I've read somewhere here on the forum. If you will be able to fulfill his wage demands then you are good to go.

@UKF, to be frank I'd enjoy any of the 3 options but even if I try to complete the current challenge and fail. I'd still enjoy the ride. I'll wait for a couple more comments/suggestions and make up my mind.

Your vote's in tho, Thanks.

@5h4K3, no Dutch team has a player near Malcom's current value so it would be unrealistic to do that. Maybe possible but not in the spirit of things if you know what I mean. Besides..I need to find and new club and only then start transfer procedures so I couldn't do that anyway.

Thanks for the idea tho.

Go nd manage English and Spanish teams till he gets old (around thirty or thirty one). Maybe that's when his value will decrease. Maybe then you might have finished 200 goals in Spain and England. Cause goals i n Holland come easy. It also gives you time to try at 1k!

@UKF, to be frank I'd enjoy any of the 3 options but even if I try to complete the current challenge and fail. I'd still enjoy the ride. I'll wait for a couple more comments/suggestions and make up my mind.

Your vote's in tho, Thanks.

@5h4K3, no Dutch team has a player near Malcom's current value so it would be unrealistic to do that. Maybe possible but not in the spirit of things if you know what I mean. Besides..I need to find and new club and only then start transfer procedures so I couldn't do that anyway.

Thanks for the idea tho.

I understand you very well. I probably wouldn't do that myself, just wanted to give easy way. If you decide to go to Spain and England, I think if you will complete Malcom's goals in his mid-twenties, which I find reasonable, it's still manageable to get a job in Holland and bring him aged 27-28 years or so. I feel it's a lot easier to bump player value even in inferior leagues in this year edition (Mitrovic from Anderlecht could be an example. You can make him worth around €50M already in second season.), so, with buying and selling young talent and achieving success in Europe, you could probably bring him in even earlier than his 30s.

I'm 100% sure using him in an exchange would be cheating Leroy's eyes as it obviously is lol.

It's a risk but maybe let him rot in the reserves to see if his value and demands crash? You could also attempt that at the last league you're in? Put him in a reserve team with no games and turn off ITN and I'd think he'd drop fast, then it would just be a case of bringing him back to his best, risky but it could work!

It looks like I didn't factor in a few problems when I made the challenge.

A few good options have been suggested I think any of them are worth a punt. Either way I'm glad you're enjoying it, win or lose.

Interesting ideas. :-)

Thanks for the helpful comments. Makes it easier to make a decision which you'll see at the next update.

Keep 'em coming tho.

@Lee-Roy, yes it's definitely a tricky one lol but not impossible by any means. I'll give it my best shot.

Cheers!

Waiting for 200

It was a matter of time before Malcom hit the net for the 200th time. And time we had. Couple double moments of the lad..

2goals4.jpg

2goals3.jpg

2goals2.jpg

2goals1.jpg

200thgoal.jpg

200!!!

Excellent!

227g200g.jpg

Time to look for a new club in Europe and bring Malcom with me. Thanks for the comments guys seems the majority of you want me to swap the chapters so that's what I'll do. Whether it's Spain or England first I have no clue. Whatever team takes the bait first I guess. Had a look at the jobs but only Bolton and Aston Villa are available for now. Those teams can't afford Malcom's big toe so I'll wait till a bigger team comes along..until then I'll keep managing Corinthians and Malcom will keep scoring. (those goals won't count for the 800 goals challenge tho but it'll keep him busy)

It's April so the European competitions are at their final stages. A perfect time to complete 200 goals if I'm lucky I'll hop into a new team at the start of the next European season in 3-4 months from now. Let's hope for the best.

goals200.jpg

Season 4 still in progress.....

Cheers!