Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 [Tuto] How to create a new league ?

vcadu92

How to create a new league?

2ihwav7.jpg

This guide is made to help you to create new leagues in FMH. I will describe steps one by one, but I have to point out that before creating a new championship, make sure you have lot of time to spend (not at once), and make sure you are determined. Indeed, creating a new league is not especially difficult, but very long. Therefore, if you are not determined, you might spoil your time.

Before starting, I would like to thank jaymarvels for his PGE which is the main tool of the guide. Without this tool, creating new leagues would not be possible.

Moreover, an announcement is made at the end of the guide!
"Assez parlé, commençons !"

What you need :
- A computer
- Jay's PGE
- FMH Android
- A device to test your work
- The Internet

Step 0 :
I highly advise you to create a folder for your work. For instance "Russian Premier League". Put inside the database file you want to replace, for instance "portugal" (make a back up before), and create a new folder inside "RPL" named "Previous Update" to copy portugal after having tested it after each step.

Step 1 :
Open your database file with jay's Pre-Game Editor. Go to "Load Options", click on the city options. Save and reopen the file.

1424104709-load-option.png

Step 2:
Here we are, our creation work can start. We are going to create teams (if they are not already in the game). Click on "Create Club". Use the Internet (Wikipedia) to look for the stadium attendance, the club's name and this kind of information.

About the club's reputation :
0-2000 : minor club (from little Asian nation for instance).
2000-4000 : minor club (League 2, Conference, Estonian club...).
4000-6000 : good Asian, African, American club. Championship club.
6000-8000 : Premier League, Ligue 1, Serie A clubs...
Over 8000 : best clubs in the world.

Note that you might also have to create clubs from lower leagues in order to make the National Cup working and increase the realism rate. Players from these clubs are not required except if you want to create them.

Save it, test it in FMH. If it works, copy the folder in "Previous update" and continue to edit the first folder.

1424104710-team.png

Step 3 :
Adding names. This step is important because you need to add names to the database before creating new players. Therefore, I advise you to go on the Internet, look for the teams in Wikipedia or the official website, and then click on "Add names", and add every first/last/common name one by one.

1424104709-add-names.png

Step 4 :

Probably the most important step : creating new players. Click on "Create Player" and on the left, select a "Clone".

If you need to add a Goalkeeper, look for a goalkeeper clone. Check with the "Position" screen. But be careful, do not edit a position's player. The game will not support it, your player will have bad positions. If you need a left defender, look for a left defender, not a central defender that you will edit positions.

Moreover, about CA/PA (Current ability/Potential Ability), of you are creating a player from an Andorran club, do not select a clone with a CA/PA of 180, it would not be realistic at all.

CA/PA :
From 0 to 50 : players from lowest leagues (Andorra....)
From 51 to 100 : League 1-2 players
From 101 to 120 : Championship
+120 : Premier League

○ I would not recommend to edit the CA/PA. Increasing them of 5-10 is no problem but from 80 to 180 would not be realistic at all.

○ Choose your player's first/last/common name from the list. You will find the names you have added.
○ Change the birthday. At least the year of birth is the birthday is not known. Choose the club and the nation. I would not recommend editing other things except the value and international caps which can be important.
○ Do not edit attributes as the algorithm is not known.
- Creating players is the longest step. Be patient. I recommend you to check every time you finish a team. If it works, back up the db file as did before.

1424104710-player.png

Dec's tips

Creating Players/Clubs/Managers - Using Other Databases:

Sometimes players have been added into other databases and not the one you want. There is an easy way to combat this very quickly. Using Rseven's Player Index you can search for a player and identify which database he is on. Then you can load this database in a new Pre-Game Editor application and run them side by side copying and pasting one set of data to the other exactly. The only thing you will have to do is sometimes add a new player first, second or common name.

This could also work with clubs and managers too and be used to fill out clubs that aren't full in your database (such as England won't have many players in the 2.Bundesliga).

Creating Players/Clubs/Managers - Using the FM PC Editor:

The Football Manager PC editor is very powerful. With over 200,000 players/managers from football's best scouting system it is very in depth, realistic and close to FMH.

While it is easy to do managers and clubs as it is just simply taking the relevant information that FMH has and copying it from FM players are a bit harder but if you own Football Manager on PC the extra time and effort it actually worth it for realism and less research needed (you can identify everything in the game without using the internet!)

Players are a bit more difficult though. I recommend saving two filters - One for outfield and one for goalkeepers then for the outfield players containing the basics of crossing, passing, shooting, aerial and dribbling having that to hand; this will be the one you use the most, then the same for goalkeepers with the attributes you need. Doing this means that you can get a players realistic attributes. To do this please follow the steps:

• Find your player on the FM Editor, merge the relevant attributes.
  • Search One under and one above on FMH using your filters (or if that breaks the barrier then ignore this e.g. a player with 10 will be searched with 10 and 11).
  • Widen or lessen the search depending on if you get any or too many results until you only have a few or one player returned.
  • Clone this player in your player creation and then fill/correct all the data bar the yellow highlighted attributes.

A few notes:

• Reputation is out of 10000 on FMH and not 200 so therefore needs to be multiplied by 50.
  • 0 in the editor is a random number between 1 and 20.

• Negative PA is the following values randomised so you need to select one, number generator preferred.

Step 5 :
We are now going to create staff. It is not the most important step but it remains important to make the game realistic. To do that, go to "Create Staff" and fulfill the information required.

As previous steps, save and test.

Step 6 :
An important step now is to swap the teams with teams from the nation you want to replace. Just select the new club and swap with the other club. Make sure that you do not have clubs remaining from the replaced nation.
You should have the same number of created nations than clubs from the replaced nation.

Important note : clubs swapped will not have the good nationality. If you change the nationality, he will not appear in the game. I have some ideas that I need to test to fix this issue.

Save, check and back up.

1424104709-swapp.png

Step 7 :
The final creation step is probably the easiest : re-name competitions from the created nation. For instance rename Korean League instead of Hyundai A-League.

Your new league is now created. You only have to check if everything is ok (put your new database folder in fmh2015_data/data/database instead of the former) and if everything works well you can start playing. And as you would have understood by watching the following screenshots, I can reveal you my current project : making the Indian Super League Playable! And it is :

COMING SOON! (2-4 weeks)

1424105310-2015-02-11-16-17-56-png.jpg1424105336-2015-02-11-1f6-19-28-png.jpg

Vcadu92,

An amazing guide actually I am even working on MLS but tbh PGE bugs a lot for me but still it's working. Now atleast more people will give it a try to create new leagues. Great job.

Great guide!

The challenge to me is how to get the data for input.

Normally, I get information from FM and transfer it to FMH. It also take me long time to get the datas...

And to tweak the attributes to match what you want is also a difficult work.  

How I do it now have the FM15 editor open along side the FMH editor and just copy it over from scratch but ive had issues doing it this way with the bug that has been mentioned! So ive started doing it with cloning now to make it easier

Great guide!

Normally, I get information from FM and transfer it to FMH. It also take me long time to get the datas...

This is Dec's way too :)

But I don't because I do not have FM PC ;)

By your experience, a new created league will be playable for the next FMH editions? For example, if I created a 2014s version of a league may I import the files into 2015 edition?

By your experience, a new created league will be playable for the next FMH editions? For example, if I created a 2014s version of a league may I import the files into 2015 edition?

If you use the 2014 PGE to import to FMH2015 no it won't work as all the coding is different and won't read the file

Great guide!

I personally don't tweak the attributes I match them like for like off of the FM15 editor to the PGE so they are 100% accurate

Nice work Victor, I will update this within the next week with my tips for creating players, clubs and staff.

Perfect Dec :)

How to link a logo with the new created club? For the new created clubs how can I create the club badge/logo and link it to club's ID?

rename the logo in the correct format club_?????.png . ???? is the id

You said reputation is out of 10000 on FMH is that the same for PC FM or is that like 1000??

But also is it only 10000 for club rep?? And also what's the difference for each players rep difference from FM and FMH

They way I do it is open FM editor side by side with FMH editor and copy all the player details and stats exactly to how they are on FM as this is surely the most accurate way to create a player

No all of them are out of 10,000 but on PC they are out of 200. They need to be multiplied by 50.

Copying side by side doesn't work with FM PC for attributes like crossing or positions as they need modifying or aren't displayed correctly on the editor. FMH has positions rated per side and per line where as FM PC it is just exact position meaning modification is needed.

Cloning and then doing side by side with the editing works better to get more realistic players.

Yeah with positions both are different so I match them best I can, cloning them with other players isn't really realistic in my eyes,I have done 5 while teams with 25+ players in each I done world rep,club rep etc I will expand them then as it is out of 10000 on FMH

I agree with attributes like crossing and dribbling but I have done my players side by side with the 2 editors and 90% stats are a match apart from a stats like crossing and dribbling but even then they are only out by 1 or 2

To get the attributes as realistic as possible cloning is the best way as attributes will be one or two out for all rather than relying on bytes that can be wildly different. Cloning does get realistic results as you then edit the other attributes to what the FM Editor says. I don't know how you can say it isn't realistic when it will give you a player who nearly is a like for like match.