Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Series Liga MX: Why it should be in FMH

Eliseo10

KLVWhSt.png

*Here is an Article I wrote highliting The Liga MX's history, procedures, and most important draw points. I can't tell you why it hasn't been added to the FMH universe, but I can tell you why it should. Hope you enjoy and as always feedback is appreciated.

One of the notable abcences in Football Manager Handheld, is the Mexican Professional Soccer League officially known as the: Liga Bancomer MX. The league is sponsored by BBVA, one of the two most important banking institutions in Spain. The Liga MX is as of last June, ranked as the top league in all continental America, out classing the Argentinian, Brazilian and MLS leagues.*1 Here is why the Mexican league should be added to FMH.

NXtvOyh.png

Impact

Football is ingrained deeply into Mexican culture, making this the most popular sport in the country. The Liga MX is the most televised and watched sporting tournament in the country. Millions of people not only watch but also live this sport (and their teams) as it is part of who they are as a country.

l73XKzM.jpg

Teams

Among the most followed teams you can find Club Deportivo Cruz Azul, Guadalajara Chivas, UNAM, and CF America. These are the 4 "Giants" of Mexico, the four most popular,and in some instances, the most successful teams in the country. The Rivalry shared by these 4 clubs is amazing, and this rivalry is the main reason why these clubs have written great pages in the history of Mexican Football. Not suprisingly, 3 of these teams are based in Mexico City, one of the largest cities in the world. But these teams are just part of the equation, the Mexican league has many other traditional teams, spanning all across the country, such as:

*Toluca

*Leon

*Atlas

*Santos Laguna

*Tigres

*Monterrey

*Pachuca

And many more. The value this league can bring to the FMH Universe is enormous. There will never be a shortage of great teams to manage.

SDBnVN6.jpg

Tournament Structure

The Liga MX has a rather unique tournament structure, at least by European top league standards. The Liga MX has "Torneos Cortos" or short tournaments in English. This league is played within 6 months by 18 teams in the first division. Therefore two tournaments are played each year. ( There are multiple lower divisions as well).

Unlike European leagues, the Liga MX is not determined by who has more points in one season, but by who has done enough points to qualify to the playoffs and defeat every opponent. In Mexico this is known as the "Liguilla" or little league in English. But don't let that name fool you. Only the eight teams who have earned more points, and by extension, performed best can qualify and have a shot at the title. This is widely considered, the most exciting part of the tournament as teams tend to elevate their game considerably.

The Liga MX could provide a faster way to play, as teams only play each other once. They have 17 games per season, plus playoffs.

Players

The best players tend to move to a European Clubs but the Liga MX also has some amazing talent to show off. U 17 world cup winner Carlos Fierro, is one the most recognized Mexican players in FMH, but he is only the tip of the talent iceberg. We have Olympic Gold Medalists, Jesus Corona/GK, Oribe Peralta, Marco Fabian, and others. All of these players achieved Olympic glory in English territory against the mighty Brazil.

Yes the Liga MX has Mexican talent by the hand full, but it also has talent from other American countries. Mexican teams have imported great players such as Colombians Dorlan Pabon & Darwin Quintero, Argentinian Rubenz Sambueza, and even Brazilian former superstar, Ronaldinho Gaucho. You might not be familiar with some of these names but that does not mean they are not good players.

tlMgg94.jpg

In Mexico we have a combination of good Domestic and Foreing players, making the Liga MX a hotspot of American talent.

In conclusion, the Liga MX would be a great addition to the FMH Universe. It would provide a wide variety of quality teams to manage, a different/faster tournament style, and a healthy selection of talented players to choose from. Football Manager Handheld is all ready the best management game available. But why stop at best? Why not go for Better than Best? Expanding into the Mexican League is one way to do this. Hopefully one day the Mexican League can be added to this wonderful game. :)

Cheers and Good Gaming

Sources:

*1- http://www.sounderatheart.com/2014/6/5/5782894/mls-gains-ground-in-league-rankings

Nice article mate and I enjoyed the read, I see the inclusion as unlikely as people have requested Argentina for years and that league gets more press here than Mexico (it is very limited though either way).

Any reasons why you think it wouldn't be included?

Thanks :) and well like you said it probably wouldn't be included because of the interest level and maybe because of the way the tournaments are structured. It would be the shortest league in the game I believe. I personally consider this a hight point but If people won't like it what's the point of including it?? It was fun writing it though :)

Really interesting read mate. Would be good if you submitted this on the SI forum's as well. Maybe someone might take notice, it's worth ago. I would be happy to see any new leagues next year tbh but this article has really made me want to play as a Mexican team now.

Eliseo that's an amazing article the quality and content are quite amazing. I just hope the developers should atleast take a look around this site and realize the importance of a huge update, hopefully they include atleast 3 new leagues in FMH 2016.

And tbh MLS is good but Liga MX has a huge potential which MLS can't match.

@Mike I might just do this :) I don't know If it would be of any good but who knows right?

@Dec glad you enjoyed using Mexican players in FIFA 12. We have more Carlos Fierros in Mexico :)

@Arco Thanks man glad you liked this article. And yes the Liga MX has amazing potential but we still need to fix somethings to be able to be anywhere near European league standards.

Cracking article mate, I love South American football watch it all the time, Mexico league is a good league maybe you could create it?

Great read, Eliseo.

When and IF leagues from that part of the world are included my guess it'll be Argentina first followed by your Mexico and then MLS. It'd be surprised if it wasn't in that order but there are so many other leagues and competitions as well we want to see in.

Your article increased my interest level for Liga MX  ^_^

@Lee I have no aptitude for creating leagues! But it would be awesome If SI did it.

@Bati it will hopefully happen one day. Glad you enjoyed the read :)

@Lee I have no aptitude for creating leagues! But it would be awesome If SI did it.

@Bati it will hopefully happen one day. Glad you enjoyed the read :)

Would be fantastic if someone created this league

Who ever wants to submit this to the SI forum feel free to do so. :)

With proper credit ofcourse.

I honestly belive that submitting it to SI would in no way make them want to add the league in.