Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Bale, Reus & Hazard: A Case Study.

LordArcoDW

Bale, Reus & Hazard: A Case Study.

So basically in January there was quite a mess about Marco Reus and Gareth Bale as well as about Eden Hazard. But certainly everything settled down quite soon. Mostly people compare these three wingers even though they exclude Arjen Robben & Neymar. Actually one can find various memes about these players like some people believe that Gareth Bale is overrated, Marco Reus can only play good in Bundesliga and Hazard cant score many goals. But then I decided to compare all of them at their own CLUB and their own LEAGUE all at a time. I wanted to see how does Reus & Hazard play at LaLiga or how Bale & Reus pull at Barclays Premier League or Hazard and Bale performs at Bundesliga. So basically all three of them are Left Attacking Midfielders and they are suited as (In-Forwards). I gave each one of them equal time at the clubs and made them play as LAM. The results were a bit shocking but interesting. So lets take a look at our players.

Marco Reus

kfHOBSh.png

Tjzjywu.png

He definitely looks like an attacking winger who can also play as a striker. Certainly he costs around $60million. Madrid media even said that Reus has officially joined Real Madrid and they would let Gareth Bale go as they wanted to make place for this winger. But Reus extended his contract and the whole transfer saga went "Kaput". But what would have happened if he would have joined Real Madrid?? Only time will tell.

Eden Hazard

9TWSdgp.png

HNEmnZK.png

Recently extending his contract with Chelsea FC. Basically some people consider him as the best winger of this generation. He showed his potential on the pitch and became one of top wingers of Europe. But still people question his goal scoring skills. So can he prove them wrong!! Lets find out.

Gareth Bale

os2jhsh.png

2QzL706.png

With Real Madrid buying Bale from Spurs and making him the most expensive player ever breaking his team-mate's Ronaldo's record. Well hi has not been that spectacular for Madrid but he stillm gave an amazing performance, but is he better than Reus and Hazard, is he worth that amount of money?? 

Case Study A: Real Madrid.

So I made three new saves. One for Gareth Bale, one for Marco Reus and the final one for Eden Hazard. So the club was Real Madrid. And luckily none of them got injured and to make this even I knew I had to give them equal match time. So I decided to run this test till 31st of December. The reason is quite simple as I would have equal matches basically for the UCL (6 matches in Group Stages) and Club World Championship. But still the few extra matches were taken care of as I did put them on reserves.

So my first job was to check everyone's CA & PA and they were as follows:

Gareth Bale

CA:180

PA:183

Eden Hazard

CA:176

PA:186

Marco Reus

CA:173

PA:185

So the conclusion is Bale is better than Hazard and Reus.

Results

e56Cp7n.png

4aO6vTe.png

iv27UyA.png

Yikes!! The results were not as one imagined but certainly it boiled down to a single fact that the game far more depends on ratings than on player valuation or CA. Reus simply had better shooting rating as well ratings that a In-Forward should have than Hazard & Bale so he came up with more goals but on the other hand Hazard and Bale had more assists than him. But the test is not over yet as I have still to look-out how they perform at Bundesliga & Premier League.

Case Study B: Chelsea FC

Results

fbfweqE.png

AKrU0PX.png

SMKwtDf.png

So basically Reus takes the lead again. Seems like the theory is quite correct that a winger who is capable of playing as a striker has more goal scoring skill than a normal winger. Besides there wasnt a complete difference in their stats or CA. So by my second case we concluded that wingers capable of playing as forwards are much better goals scorers.

But what was also surprising that Gareth Bale won more Tackles than Hazard and Reus. And Hazard completed more passes than Reus, and got tied to Bale (very little difference). So that also proved that versatility of a player is quite important in FMH.

Case Study C: Borussia Dortmund

Results

nBK8ZZB.png

mL2wrWY.png

Jvctzkz.png

Gareth Bale came up with a shout! So did Eden Hazard by taking on Marco Reus at his own home and at his own league. So did anyone else noticed that each of the players were not the BEST PERFORMER AT THEIR OWN LEAGUE!!!!!!! It shocked me as much as it shocked you. As none of the players had any problem with settling with club so I suppose Adaptability didn't played an important role here. But basically the GD between these players were not so much this time.

Average:

1.Marco Reus = 0.51(Scoring 43 Goals in 85 Matches)

2.Eden Hazard = 0.31(Scoring 26 Goals in 84 Matches)

3.Gareth Bale = 0.28(Scoring 24 Goals in 84 Matches)

So close for Gareth Bale only if he did performed well in La Liga he would have defeated Eden Hazard. On the other hand Marco Reus proved his consistency in goalscoring. But certainly that brought a question in my mind that how much does a difference of CA of *1-5 between players affect the performance or is it just too less to make a difference. So that resulted in the start of my new project about.     

Very interesting. Half the images though due to formatting or them being removed. It would be nice if these were fixed. I would also like to see them at the other clubs too. Great work

Very interesting. Half the images though due to formatting or them being removed. It would be nice if these were fixed. I would also like to see them at the other clubs too. Great work

I fixed them. Hope they are fine now.

And yea I am already working on my Chelsea save so expect an update soon.

Once I complete Chelsea I will come up with Dortmund save that's it.

Case Study B: Chelsea FC

Reus certainly takes the lead again but this time Bale surpasses Hazard. So can Bale or Hazard take on Reus at Bundesliga??

fbfweqE.png

AKrU0PX.png

SMKwtDf.png

A lot better now. I have a feeling results may be skewed by first season syndrome so you will have to try Dortmund and Chelsea then do an average.

What do you reckon now?
But still I need to try them in Dortmund.

Doesn't surprise me anymore since I did a test on versatile wingers as Inside Forwards.

Those that are accomplished forwards as well generally perform better overall.

That's why Reus is scoring better numbers in same circumstances.

Good stuff ArcoDW.

Doesn't surprise me anymore since I did a test on versatile wingers as Inside Forwards.

Those that are accomplished forwards as well generally perform better overall.

That's why Reus is scoring better numbers in same circumstances.

Good stuff ArcoDW.

That's the conclusion I came up with Bati but still I have got one more test to complete before I can actually come to any conclusion.

But it's far more than a test. It's main motive is comparing these three on the basis of FMH 2015. And by now I can agree with the fact that Gareth Bale is heavily overpriced actually he costs a £100 million more than Reus and £45 million more than Hazard.

Yes those prices isn't what they're worth imo but what someone is willing to pay for them. Crazy.

Any Gareth Bale fan boy would pay :D

In FMH 2014/15 I have actually never bought Gareth Bale ever hah!

But for the Dortmund test I actually used the SE to swap Bale. I mean Dortmund can't really afford him and I am biased against SD.

Maybe put them all into one post and talk about their performances more. I am really enjoying this but I feel you are just giving one sentence then the results and not a personal take and adding more information that statistics don't show such as team performance.

Maybe put them all into one post and talk about their performances more. I am really enjoying this but I feel you are just giving one sentence then the results and not a personal take and adding more information that statistics don't show such as team performance.

I know what you mean but actually once I complete it with Dortmund then I will put them all together in this one post. Then definitely there will be analysis and conclusion.

Really good study. Have only used Reus in FMH and he quite good. Actually that position is one of my favorites some notable players I have used are Sadio Mane, Lucas Ocampos, Diego Capel and Erick Lamela. All of them good. I Might do something like this as well.

Really good study. Have only used Reus in FMH and he quite good. Actually that position is one of my favorites some notable players I have used are Sadio Mane, Lucas Ocampos, Diego Capel and Erick Lamela. All of them good. I Might do something like this as well.

Lucas Ocampos is a beast tbh but Lamela is a bit overpriced.

So literally I started a new project which depicts how much does the difference of CA (*1-5) makes difference in the same player. I actually did it with a striker and a midfielder and I am hoping to do it with players of every position.