Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 How to edit FMH into your Language!

Dec

Want to help yourself and others by translating FMH into another language? Here I will explain how to do so after great interest by many people. We ask that if you do decide to translate the game that you upload it to our Downloads Section for others to enjoy too.

What you need:

• A Hex Editor - We recommend HxD.
  • An Android/Amazon Device with FMH2015
  • A PC, Mac or Linux computer.

How to translate:

1. Go onto your Android device and into the following: FMH2015_Data > Data > Config > event_?.dat (please don't pick the eng one, this won't work) and FMH2015_Data > Data > Languages > PSP_Language.ldb.
  2. Copy these two files into a destination that you will remember on your PC.
  3. Load up your Hex Editor and then load a file in.
  4. On the right hand side you should see text in a language. Translate this to your language!

Please note:

• Translating from English does not work, in the PSP_Language.ldb there are all languages available, they all mean the same as the English above them.
  • Special Characters do not work, please only use English characters.
  • You have to go into preferences and change your language for this to wor.

Happy translating.

The Korean one works but the person who made it left so no one knows how. We have tried replacing fonts and it didn't work.

Are there any hex editor that support chinese or others characters?

Just be careful as Chinese characters are 2 bytes per character..Pinyin should be OK though!

Hi jay, do you know the working way to enter chinese characters into dat file? Thanks.

I'm almost certain it won't work due to the Simplified/Traditional Chinese character byte size.

For example, the letter A (in western latin) will be the hex value of 41 (1 byte).

While the Chinese character 诶 will be (and this is just an example) 04 3f (2 bytes).

I maybe wrong, but I am 99.999999999999% certain that FMH doesn't support this.

For sure FMH reads strings as UTF8.

UTF8 implements unicode, and in unicode, each character has a codepoint, that is between 0x4E00 and 0x9FFF (2 bytes) for all chinese characters.

But UTF8 doesn't encode characters by just storing their codepoint (UTF32 does that). Instead, it uses a more complex standard, that makes all chinese ideograms 2 or 3 bytes long.

If you want to do Chinese, do it in Pinyin!

The Korean one works but the person who made it left so no one knows how. We have tried replacing fonts and it didn't work.

I have studied Korean language pack. Korean modified standard font file and added Korean radicals in it.

About 90~100 radicals are added in updated font file.

Then they load these radicals to assembly Korean characters.

See my attachment.

post-8915-0-39602700-1428657257_thumb.pn

Just be careful as Chinese characters are 2 bytes per character..Pinyin should be OK though!

Hi jay, do you know the working way to enter chinese characters into dat file? Thanks.

I'm almost certain it won't work due to the Simplified/Traditional Chinese character byte size.

For example, the letter A (in western latin) will be the hex value of 41 (1 byte).

While the Chinese character 诶 will be (and this is just an example) 04 3f (2 bytes).

I maybe wrong, but I am 99.999999999999% certain that FMH doesn't support this.

For sure FMH reads strings as UTF8.

UTF8 implements unicode, and in unicode, each character has a codepoint, that is between 0x4E00 and 0x9FFF (2 bytes) for all chinese characters.

But UTF8 doesn't encode characters by just storing their codepoint (UTF32 does that). Instead, it uses a more complex standard, that makes all chinese ideograms 2 or 3 bytes long.

If you want to do Chinese, do it in Pinyin!

Maybe I will try doing it in pinyin. Thanks for the reply