Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Challenge Cup 2015

samhardy

Qualifying Round

Welcome to the qualifying round of the 2015 Challenge Cup hosted by Sam and myself. This round will see every member play one challenge and the top 16 will advance to the next round.

The Challenge

This challenge is a pretty simple one to begin with. It sees you play a season Down Under with Sydney FC. For a bit of background on the country itself, click this link.

Anyway, to the challenge. You will be managing Sydney FC, one of the A-League's most successful clubs. It's pretty simple, just play the season. And I would recommend playing Marc Janko up front.

jrZsGP3.jpg

The Austrian striker received the A-League Golden Boot for 16 goals in 2014/15. He also scored in a record seven consecutive games, and your objective will be to match or better these.

UJ4yXc0.jpg

The Rules

1. Transfers are allowed, but no money is to be spent. This means only free transfers and loans.

2. You may only buy Australian or New Zealand players. Any foreigners already at the club are fine.

3. Own tactics only.

4. The usual. No reloading, use of editors, cheating or anything else like that.

5. If you are sacked post your score anyway, you will beat people who don't hand in their scores!

6. Make sure to send your results in a PM to Sam and I. Screenshots are needed.

7. Enjoy! :D

Points System

Standard Points

League points+Goal difference+2 points for each round passed in FFA Cup

Finals Series

Winner-12 points

Runner up-8 points

Semi Final-6 points

Elimination Final-4 points

Marc Janko

1 point for each goal scored+10 points for top league goalscorer+7 points for scoring streak of 7 games*

*Janko must score in seven successive games for this to count. If he misses a game, the streak is over. There will be no extra points awarded for scoring in 8 or more successive games.

Total points=Standard Points+Finals Series+Marc Janko

Screenshots Required

The usual-Manager profile, league table, cups

Marc Janko player history

Streak of Janko's consecutive scoring (if you reached 7) (you can use the Form screen)

A-League leading goalscorer table (if Janko is on top)

Transfers

Tactics

Good luck everyone, the deadline is one week from now on Wednesday 3 June at 11:00 GMT.

Piece of cake as I have managed them on multiple occasions ;)Btw free transfers can be from any nationality right?

No Arco they can only be from Australia or New Zealand :P

Piece of cake as I have managed them on multiple occasions ;)

Btw free transfers can be from any nationality right?

Don't underestimate the challenge cause if you do you will fall flat on your face :D

Just to be clear, score more than 16 goals and seven consecutive mathches with him scoring

PS: 3 June you mean :D

A point for each goal scored

Ten points for league top scorer

Seven points for scoring streak of seven games

Sixteen goals was just how many he scored in real life :)

Damn it anyway I haven't made any transfers but sold a guy for £14 K ,I think I can handle this and Lee you better watch your back :P

Errr I hate playing in Oz :@:P

I had you in mind for this challenge :P. But in all seriousness, it's a short season so I chose it (nothing to do with my Australianness :P)

Damn it anyway I haven't made any transfers but sold a guy for £14 K ,I think I can handle this and Lee you better watch your back :P

Mate I will beat you with ease :D

Hah action speaks louder than words :D;) I can't wait to see you crying over the fact that you challenged me :P

Hah action speaks louder than words :D;) I can't wait to see you crying over the fact that you challenged me :P

I haven't challenged you to anything :D

Errr I hate playing in Oz :@:P

I had you in mind for this challenge :P. But in all seriousness, it's a short season so I chose it (nothing to do with my Australianness :P)

I've tried three separate saves in Oz this year and none have held me, hopefully this season isn't too much of a struggle lol.

So bloody annoyed with myself! I had an up and down start so I thought I'd go a tad more defensive with my formation, upon doing this I spotted I forgot to even set my team instructions! Amateur mistake lads, I'm so embarrassed! Worst of all we've started doing really well since the change to my actually formation! Dropped points for me but hopefully I can turn this around.

PS. I bloody hate playing in Oz :@

He really is. My INF has scored more than he has up front :/

Surprised you're even still trying him up front on his own. I'm still mentally scarred from trying this.

yea I noticed that Janko is..well like you said is crap.I had my MC scoring more than him sometimes. Still I got him to score a good amount of goals using him as a poacher.

He really is. My INF has scored more than he has up front :/

Surprised you're even still trying him up front on his own. I'm still mentally scarred from trying this.

It was a blessing in disguise when he got hurt about halfway through XD

lol I like how I was just completely ignored in this conversation :P

but yea he was pretty bad. He had the chances but he just missed like his life was on the line if he didn't.

but yea he was pretty bad. He had the chances but he just missed like his life was on the line if he didn't.

Sorry, I couldn't take you seriously when you said 'good amount of goals' and 'Janko' in the same sentence :D

Sorry, I couldn't take you seriously when you said 'good amount of goals' and 'Janko' in the same sentence :D
Like a paradox. Impossible to comprehend :)