Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Counter attacking tactic

Soap

Hi guys, this is my first post so forgive me for my blurness. Does anyone know of a counter attacking tactic that can be used for most teams? On a side note I would also like to know about bus parking :P

you can try this, it worked well in my Argentina save

GK

WBK........CTR......CTR......WBK

BBM

DLM

INF........APM........INF

TQA or CMF

Attacking

Short

Commited

Pressing:ON

Counter Attack:ON

Please do not plagiarism it and hope it works :D  :D  :D

Use a normal 4-4-1-1 with Counter Attacking and Short Passing.

Isn't that counter productive (pardon the pun)? Surely with counter attacks the aim is to pass the ball quickly up the pitch and not play short passes that can often go backwards.

I've used this a number of times in big away games and it seems to do okay

Balanced

Short

Committed

Pressing

CA

To be successful with a CA formation you need to be able to absorb pressure, win the ball back and have bags of pace to punish the opposition with forward running roles (WNG/ADF/B2B etc).

However it is worth noting I do only use that system when I'm after a defensive display such as a tough CL away game where I'd take a 0-0, sometimes you'll get battered while others you'll nick a win. The issue with CA IMO is it's not something big teams can use often as they are rarely attacked while smaller sides struggle to handle the pressure.

I've always tried to use an attacking formation with CA on like Madrid but I've never got it consistent enough compared to a non CA formation, but as I said that's due to not many teams attack a team like Madrid. 2015 is actually the first year I've found CA to have any real use though as in previous years I found it rather useless but the fact we have hardly any CA formations on the site shows it's more of a situational solution than a "must use" like pressing.

Use a normal 4-4-1-1 with Counter Attacking and Short Passing.

Isn't that counter productive (pardon the pun)? Surely with counter attacks the aim is to pass the ball quickly up the pitch and not play short passes that can often go backwards.
I know I know it is awkward but certainly it was hard to believe but it has always worked for me. Yes counter attacking doesn't need short passing playmaking game but tbh surprisingly this worked and even I am surprised so why don't you it a try it's a nightmare for oppositions with Attacking Formations!

Alright theoretically you guys may say short passing is not for counter attacking but if am not making a random comment alright I have seen it happen the 4-4-1-1 formation with short passing is completely an awesome formation it doesn't work everywhere but is a nightmare for clubs with 4-3-3, 4-1-2-2-1, 4-2-3-1 and 4-4-2 attack. It was back few months ago that I saw an A.I team do it and I was enough impressed to give it a try myself! And viola it worked!

But definitely I would ask you to try it out for yourself with the same formation?