Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Gold Cup

S4NCH0

Gold Cup 2015

With Copa America about to begin people haven't stopped talking about it, players like Messi, Cavani, James, Neymar, and many other stars will be playing the most important tournament in South America. This great tournament drives attention away from the other cup that will be played in the Northen hemisphere of the same continent.

The Gold Cup, created in 1963, is a tournament played by North American National Teams affiliated to CONCACAF. The tournament is played by 12 teams every two years and gives ticket to the Confederations Cup. The Gold Cup has been dominated by Mexico since the beginning.

The Mexican National Team have dominated the cup by winning it 9 times, they are also the only team to win it three times in a row; behind Mexico on the amount of trophies comes United States they have won it 5 times with the help of their best player ever, Landon Donovan; to complete the podium comes Costa Rica with 3 trophies.

Today I will analyze 7 national teams participating on the Cup.

The Teams

I will analyze Mexico, USA, Costa Rica. I will also show you some players from Jamica, Honduras, T&T, and Canada that I think might interest you.

Mexico

fezG5A7.png

Mexico will be facing this Gold Cup with the 'Giant' tag. Miguel Herrera, Mexico's Coach, will have a hard duty since he will have to create two competitive teams to affront Copa America and Gold Cup at the same time. With a catastrophic 2013 which almost left Mexico without playing the World Cup and with a bad participation in Gold Cup, Mexico will try to find the right tactic to win the Gold Cup again and recuperate their Giant status. This are the players I've chosen..

Carlos Vela

uAcwR0g.png

The best Mexican player in recent years. Carlos Vela refused to attend the National duties in the last few years and didn't play World Cup nor Gold Cup. The Real Sociedad player has had some fantastic season recently and many big teams are fighting for his services. He will be leading the Mexican Attack. For me he is the best player in the North American Region.

Hector Herrera

GWG71Fy.png

The Mexican midfielder had a wonderful 2014 World Cup. He also had a great season with Porto scoring a lot of goals for a midfield and plenty of assists. He was considered one of the best players of this years Champions League with his fantastic games with Porto and with his impressive goals. He will be providing assists to Carlos Vela and making the defense to attack transition.

Guillermo Ochoa

ipIxrtG.png

One of the best goalkeepers in Brazil 2014, he managed to do some impressive saves against Brazil (search it in YouTube, you'll be surprised) and only conceded 1 goal in Group Stage. However, having a good WorldCup doesn't traduced into a lot of team minutes (ask Navas) he made a move from relegated French side Ajaccio to Malaga. After the sell of Caballero, he seemed like the favorite but Kameni took the starting place and Ochoa never played.

United States

zixMYJ3.png

United States have, since Jurgen Klingsman arrived, gotten closer to Mexico in all soccer aspects. They have a very good youth system and their league seems to be growing very fast. They have been in a very good form recently with wins over Holland and Germany and have shown they are serious contenders to win this Gold Cup. Take a look at the players I chose..

Michael Bradley

nvulKbq.png

The best player in the USA squad with no doubt. He has a lot of experience. Having played in Roma in Italy and being the National Team captain for many years now he seem to be the leader of the team in every aspect. He now plays for Toronto side in MLS and will try to do a good tournament with USA and why not? Even have a second chance in Europe.

Fabian Johnson

uysqdCz.png

The half German half American player. He had a wonderful World Cup playing all the matches and injuring against Belgium. He is a fantastic player who moved from Hoffenheim to Borussia Mongenglasbach. He will be leading the defense with the help of young man DeAndre Yedlin.

Tim Howard

lcs73MM.png

He had a fantastic match against Belgium stopping 17 shots on target in that match. He was one of the best goalies in the World Cup as well as Ochoa and Navas (some great goalies you have CONCACAF). He plays for Everton and in my opinion he is only behind De Gea and Lloris as the best goalkeeper in the BPL. However he is already aging so a move from Everton is unprovable. He will lead USA fro, the back.

Costa Rica

1S3Oqmj.png

The "Ticos" are one of the favorite after their surprising World Cup. Costa Rica reached the semifinals after being set in the Impossible Group. Costa Rica came as underdogs against Italy, England and Uruguay and surprisingly managed to go through. They were the best CONCACAF representative during the World Cup. And they are favorites this time. The player I've chosen are...

Joel Cambell

8Eh9KmY.png

The future of this team. Cambell had a wonderful World Cup and is now looking for a chance to win Arsene Wenger and get a place in the first XI of Arsenal. He has a very bright future in front of him and has a potential last the clouds. That's why I chose him.

Bryan Ruiz

VFE8JJt.png

The best player from Costa Rica in the World Cup and the leader of the team. He is a very good and talented player who will try to keep his good form in a National Team and help Costa Rica win their fourth Gold Cup. Pay special attention to this player cause he can do some wonderful things.

Keylor Navas

jZA1VPz.png

One of the best goalkeepers in the World Cup and one of the best goalkeepers in la Liga last season. His great season and World Cup made Real Madrid buy him from modest side Levante. But Ancelotti didn't give him the game time he expected. He will try to do the best in Gold Cup and go to another team next season.

Players you might not know

This are players who will be playing the Gold Cup but won't be under the spotlight. I don't know a lot about any of this player so I will only comment a little bit on them.

PC9p2ko.png
A very good Ball Winning Midfielder, a very good signing for mid table teams.

lu4O8yW.png
With that pace and that dribbling he is a very good wing back.

lu4O8yW.png
Another good not well known player who can come very handy for teams with low budget.

1tC24W0.png
The best Jamaican player ATM it is a delight watching him play IRL.

GNZcJ5X.png
A very cheap and good player for your team. At least in my save you can get him for 3M.

t1SADHZ.png
A very very very cheap player. His stats might not show it but he is a beast for lower league football.

Ah3mIk8.png
A good backup for ALL attacking positions. He is a good signing for Championship clubs.

mamjlAU.png
The best player from the Canadian squad. I should advice you it is very hard to get him to move from Frankfurt.

Thanks for the read. Leave a like and a comment if you enjoyed.

Great read mate! Too bad there arent salvadoran players in the game. I hope El Salvador win this time xD

Yes it's very bad that there are almost no player from CONCACAF national teams, I found it very hard to get Hondurean, Jamican, and Candian players. And there are no Cuban, Guatemalean, Haitian, nor Salvadoran players.

It would be cool to see Salvador win but I think it is very hard I think the winners will be USA or Mexico. I really hope it's mexico

Thanks amigo! I think that Herrera is indeed in better form than Vela but it was hard to decide so that's why I selected both of them.

We need a section FMH en español xD! And yes Mexico or USA most likely win this xD But i still support MI SELECTA xD

Thanks lads. The Gold Cup starts the 7th of July. It starts exactly 3 days after the final of Copa America. Having to play both tournaments at very similar dates, Mexico and I guess Jamica also, had to make two different teams one for each competition.

We need a section FMH en español xD! And yes Mexico or USA most likely win this xD But i still support MI SELECTA xD

Yes we do :)

It would be very good but we need more active players that talk Spanish. The only active lads that I know speak Spanish and constantly enter the site are Lian, Pipaz, Eliseo and me

Nice thread but I would work on your layout a bit. The content is there but many large images are causing a major page stretch and it isn't easy to read as everything is overshadowed by them.