Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Son Don't Let It Slip Away

Davis Cheah

2d97ha9.jpg

Ever heard of tags such as being the 'new Messi/Roanldo'? These players were once classified as 'Wonderkids' but never seemed to make wonders in their respective careers. Have they crumbled under the pressure? We'll never know. But one question lies, can YOU revive their career? Would you be the one he is thanking when he receives his Ballon d'or?

29fxjzk.jpg

Bojan+Krkic+Blackburn+Rovers+v+Stoke+Cit

Dubbed as the new Messi, aged just 17 years old, he scored the winning goal against Schalke in 2008. Ever since, under performing and injuries have troubled this Serbian wonderkid. From playing alongside Messi and Iniesta at Camp Nou to leading the frontline at Britannia with Peter Crouch and Charlie Adam beside him. Can you revive his career?

Club: Stoke City

Position: Foward/Attacking Midfielder

Value: 6 Million 

2466jwj.jpg

Manchester+United+v+Crystal+Palace+Carli

Again another youngster who was destined for big things but failed to deliver. Having scored a dramatic late winner against Premier League team Aston Villa at the age of 17, Kiko was one of the brightest gems in  Manchester United. The 23 year old Macheda has been reduced to playing for Championship side Cardiff City and has struggled there, following disappointing loan spells at Stuttgart and QPR.

Club: Cardiff

Position: Striker

Value: 2.7 Million

2zi2buf.jpg

tumblr_m91u6k0GMC1qjy8llo1_500.jpg

Everything seemed hopeful for a young Pato at AC Milan, but serious injuries forced him to be sidelined for months. Even after recovering, he struggled to find a starting spot at the San Siro. He was later sold back to his country, to Corinthians. Even then he struggled. He was even described as "Corinthians's worst signing ever" by a Brazilian Journalist.

Club: Corinthians 

Position: Striker

Value: 6.75 Million

2eeer8n.jpg

Anderson_1594481a.jpg

Another Manchester United failed prodigy.*Cries* Not included in LVG's future plans, Anderson has been shown the exit door at United. Injury and a lack of form overshadowed his bright career and yeah lets be honest, he's one of the worst players in the EPL.

Club: Manchester United

Position: Midfielder

Value: 3.2 Million

2e56179.jpg

Sunderland+AFC+v+Udinese+7f9Y2TehhJ9l.jp

Deemed by many as one of the brightest gems Everton has produced after Wayne Rooney. At the summer transfer window of 2012, MAn city announced the signing of Rodwell for 12 Million, where he only managed 16 appearances throughout 2 injury plagued years and banging in 2. He now finds himself playing at Sunderland, where he is no longer his former self.

Club: Sunderland

Value: 6.5 Million

33mbim8.jpg

yoann-gourcuff-france.jpg

Poised as Zinedine Zidane's successor in his days at Bordeaux, where he helped them win the Ligue 1 in 2009, he never looked liked the same player ever since joining Lyon for 19 Million in 2010. Many said injuries slowed him down, some even said Ribery shattered his confidence after a disappointing 2010 World Cup. Lyon has been trying to dispose him of late and the future of Yoan Gourcuff seems dark.

Club: Olympique Lyonnais

Value: 6 Million

11v3daa.jpg

PA%2021557770.jpg

Many though he would be a superstar after an impressive 2007 U-21 UEFA Championship, including Real Madrid. The Spanish club signed him up form Feyenoord in 2007 for a reported 10 Million. He struggled to do anything right during his 6 years at the club, managing just 46 caps and 2 goals. This talented winger now finds himself with Championship side Sheffield Wednesday on loan from Reading. Nobody knows what happened to this talented winger who was destined for big things, but ended up with nothing but shame.

Club: Sheffield Wednesday

Position: Winger

Value: 1.9 Million

200ryte.jpg

abou_1700564a.jpg

Brought in by Arsene Wenger back in 2005 thinking that he might be a replacement for captain Patrick Viera, he turned out to be nothing but a injury prone bench warmer. He suffered 42 injuries throughout his Arsenal years, spending 226 weeks out, that is equivalent to more than 4 years out injured!

Club: Arsenal

Value: 6.75 Million

2a82tqd.jpg

Giovani+Dos+Santos+Mexico+v+Cameroon+Gro

Another La Masia graduate. Together with his brother, Johnathan they both join Barcelona in 2002. He was hyped to be the next big things based on his performances with the Mexico U-17s and U-20s, winning the Silver Ball in the U-17 World cup, behind another flop, Anderson(See Above). However, his performances with Barcelona were sub-par and was sold to Spurs for 5 Million. He now plays an important part in the Villarreal side and did pretty well in his first season at the club, finishing with 11 goals and 8 assists. But we are all aware that is he capable of bigger things.

Club: Villarreal

Position: Attacking Midfielder/ Foward

Value: 10.25 Million

The Challenge

2 Domestic Titles

3 Domestic Cups

1 Continental Cup

1 Domestic POTY

Use one or more of this players to complete the challenge!

Remember, no cheating!

Suggest how i could improve this challenge and more players I can add!

Thank you for reading, and happy FMHing!

WPOTY is quite impossible for Anderson IMO!

Well maybe Anderson..but I could definitely take Pato to that glory...use him in Germany. BPL players rarely get Player of the year.

Really nice idea mate :), can you use any player that was once hyped for greatness or is it limited to those few? I think I'd leave it open but people would have to post here enquiring about a player before starting so Vibe can give their views, it's a rather open ended idea though.

WPOTY is quite impossible for Anderson IMO!

Well maybe Anderson..but I could definitely take Pato to that glory...use him in Germany. BPL players rarely get Player of the year.
Actually few months back I was playing with Stuttgart. I wasn't aware of who the hell Anderson is IRL sorry for being ignorant but I barely know about English Football so in the first season in January he was available as he didn't had his contract renewed or not given I don't know so I saw him and thought I could offer him a contract as he looked a real catch for free so he joined my club the next season for free alongside Clement Chantome of PSG he had just one assist in 44 games and definitely the biggest disappointment of the whole season so I sold him so WPOTY for him is beyond my wildest imagination :D Yea Pato can attain that easily if used correctly!

@DSW Thanks! And yes I know it's Federico but since the font i was using could not fit in "Federico Macheda in a single line, I thought that i could use Kiko instead, same as Alexandre Pato.

@LordArco Thank you for your feedback, changed it to domestic player of the year instead! :)

@Ashez yes it is kinda open ended but whether a player can be used would be determined by me and all the other FMHVibers.

Edit: Added in Rodwell, Gourcuff, Drenthe, Diaby and Giovanni Dos Santos