Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 How to counter 4-4-1-1?

DaniSciB

Hello guys

I'm training the Real Madrid and i'm going for the fourth season.

I play whit a 4-3-3 formation, my team scores more than 100 goals and grants under 25 but when an opponent plays whit the 4-4-1-1 formation the result is a draw/lose or a lucky win.

Atlético Madrid is my Nightmare whit that formation.

Last Result Vs. Atletico:

W - 4-1 

D - 2-2 

W - 2-1 

L - 0-2

L - 0-2 

D - 1-1

So... What formation i can use to counter that 4-4-1-1?

I lose the previus league because that formation and an amazing Barcelona. (Barcelona 93pts, Me 92pts...)

Thanks! And sorry for my English xD...

I have always had an issue with this formation in every version of FMH.

What frustrates me more is when its played with players in yellow or red and they still nick a draw or win...:@

can u show me ur team

GK - Courtois

L - Shaw

C - Varane

C - Laporte

L - Chambers 

MC - Goretzka (MC)

MC - James Rodriguez (APM)

MC - Paul Pogba (MC)

LF - Kevin Volland

F - Lukaku

RF - Berardi

Are the Starting XI

Others MCs:

Sterling

Asensio/Ødegaard (Weak Opponents)

Saul

What about your midfielder's roles?

MC - APM - MC

Vs Leverkusen 4-4-1-1:

UEFA Super Cup Final

Real Madrid 3-2 Bayer Leverkusen

xD I hate that formation.

The opposition 4411 has always been hugely overpowered in my opinion. I started topics on this way back. Like #danovic78 says I often see clubs playing players way out of position yet still stopping me. 

The best I have come up with when I play 433 (nice formation by the way:-) is to go pressing, direct and change mentality depending on what the opposition do

Against attack I will go balanced. Against Defensive or balanced then I will attack. You must check their mentality at the start, after each goal and after halftime because the AI constantly swap. If I'm winning easily I just leave it. 

It gets a little more complicated when they play defensive or balanced but are using 3 Att playmakers. In that situation I would again go balanced plus the pressing and direct. 

My reason being they are playing compact so I can't play through them. I'm waiting for them to come forward then I press, win the ball and play it directly forward to take their midfield out of the game. Suddenly my 3 forwards are up against their 4 defenders. 

You may want to consider dropping one of your midfielders back into a dlm or bwm position. 

Edited by billy2shots

The opposition 4411 has always been hugely overpowered in my opinion. I started topics on this way back. Like #danovic78 says I often see clubs playing players way out of position yet still stopping me. 

The best I have come up with when I play 433 (nice formation by the way:-) is to go pressing, direct and change mentality depending on what the opposition do

Against attack I will go balanced. Against Defensive or balanced then I will attack. You must check their mentality at the start, after each goal and after halftime because the AI constantly swap. If I'm winning easily I just leave it. 

It gets a little more complicated when they play defensive or balanced but are using 3 Att playmakers. In that situation I would again go balanced plus the pressing and direct. 

My reason being they are playing compact so I can't play through them. I'm waiting for them to come forward then I press, win the ball and play it directly forward to take their midfield out of the game. Suddenly my 3 forwards are upagainstI t their 4 defenders. 

You may want to consider dropping one of your midfielders back into a dlm or bwm position. 

I will Try it :) Thanks!!

I have a MCD in the Castilla. 20, Rubén Neves, its a God xD

I dont know how he can score 20 goal and give 14 assist

My reason being they are playing compact so I can't play through them. I'm waiting for them to come forward then I press, win the ball and play it directly forward to take their midfield out of the game. Suddenly my 3 forwards are up against their 4 defenders. 

Thanks Man!.

Last results against 4-4-1-1:

W 3-1 Vs Valencia

W 4-1 Vs Atletico

W 6-0 Vs Real Betis

W 3-0 Vs Atletico

W 5-2 Vs Almería 

W 1-0 Vs Atletico

L - 1-2 Vs Atletico (2 Red Cards)

Still giving goals xD, but i'm winning.

Would changing one of your DC to BPD have much of an effect?

I have just started a new save it seems worse than ever, every game at least one of my full backs always gets a 5 rating, its virtually guaranteed. Even if he is playing against a much inferior winger or even someone playing out of position. It's beyond a joke now, it doesn't really matter what formation I play (I have tried several) its the same results. This needs to be sorted for FMH16.

You have no defensive midfielder, 4411 is a very defensive formation relying on counter attacks. Nothing needs to be sorted for FMH16 but your tactics. Not the game's fault you have no defensive midfielder and are getting caught on the counter.

You have no defensive midfielder, 4411 is a very defensive formation relying on counter attacks. Nothing needs to be sorted for FMH16 but your tactics. Not the game's fault you have no defensive midfielder and are getting caught on the counter.

Are you talking to me?

Edited by danovic78

Well, the trouble is that I always have a defensive minded player in team, a DLM or BWM. What gets me is that when they opposition players players out of position or even injured but still win or draw. As billy stated early, the formation is defiantly over powered. The majority of my success has always been through a narrow formation, is it simply that my full back is sometimes exposed 2 on 1? I believe I always have a balanced formation but this one has been causing me issues for years and I can see m not alone.

Original match engine? I believe they haven't touched that in 2015 and all so it is the same engine as 14. If this is the case then they won't be changing it so you will have to move to the Enhanced engine that irons out all of these problems.

I don't believe you can say that nothing has changed when they have introduced a new engine that addresses these problems then you don't use it.

Edited by Dec

I'm sorry but the enhanced engine plays far too slow so I won't be changing over. Have you not experienced this on the OE?

I don't play on the Original Engine. When was the last time you tried Enhanced? It has been made very quick from my experience in the last few updates.

I don't play on the Original Engine. When was the last time you tried Enhanced? It has been made very quick from my experience in the last few updates.

it was a couple of updates ago, maybe I will try it for 16. I do enjoy the playing but its just one thing which makes my playing experience not so great.

I think the NME is pretty better now as compared to the OE, as I have been playing with the NME from a long time now since they fixed lagging and honestly the results feel quiet satisfying.

Getting to 4-4-1-1 in OE I have found out that using Wide Midfielders in the wings with DLM have worked out well for me though.