Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Board Expectation - that escalated quickly

russell_jones

an observation and an interest to see if this is just me, as I've had this in a couple of games.

I generally start unemployed so mostlyend up with a lower league team in what country I feel like playing.

My success is variable and it can take a few sackings before I hit on a winning formula, which I'm pretty sure is normal.

However, once I start winning and start bringing a team up the table, and winning promotions, I find that board expectations get very demanding very quickly.

For example, I'm currently managing Hamburg St Pauli in the German league, and managed to get them into the top division.

My first years expectations were basically survival, fair enough. However, through some excellent tactical help of these forums, some decent signings, and a bucket full of luck, we ended in mid table safety, an over achievement on my expectations, and the boards.

So we start a new season, and BANG. European Qualification and cup success is the minimum target in my second year in the top flight.

Have I just been a bit unlucky here, or has anyone else experienced expectations escalating beyond all reasonableness?

FYI, I'm 3 placed below European Qualification, and the cup run didn't go to plan, so my position is precarious at the moment. I'm hoping the January transfer window may save my job, ha ha

Thanks

Russ

If you finish mid table or top ten then the board will increase the ambition they have for the club and demand European qualification , this doesn't mean champions league but Europa league qualification will be fine , this has happened to me countless times in epl most recently with qpr .

Thanks Hardikchawla.

Another season of mid table obscurity would have been nice, but you can't have everything, ha ha.

Maybe I'll beg the board for more time to rebuild the squad, maybe they'll take pity on me.