Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Feature Request: 3D Pitch in FMH16

Dec

Today I will explore the 3D Pitch as a potential feature for Football Manager Handheld 2016 analysing the possibility of it and what it would bring to the game from a fan perspective.

Do people want it?

Unsurprisingly one of the most popular feature requests for Football Manager Handheld is a 3D pitch. Many people urge to see their players on the pitch for a more addictive and gripping game.

Is it possible?

PES Manager was released within the last year with a 3D Pitch and this has sparked some interesting debates. This certainly indicates it is possible on Android and iOS however the Football Manager engine is far more complex, however this means their is the assets available which will make creation easier. Yet Football Manager Classic was released and could only run on high end devices meaning it may be impossible in the current circumstances. With a new enhanced engine, I doubt Sports Interactive would want to introduce a new match engine two years in a row.

maxresdefault.jpg

Is it what Football Manager Handheld 2016 needs?

The reaction to the Enhanced Engine originally wasn't positive, it was very slow and unpolished however the strides throughout the year has made it far better than the Original Engine. Another year of polish will be ideal for the engine to improve and with many areas such as transfers, tactics and media could make the game better in another areas.

Does anyone still use the EE? I've  rarely seen any positives from people who actually play the game and from what I've seen it's still far from ideal. One problem was they moved onto the EE before having the OE working, now they have two with both having big issues, will both be fixed for 2016? They best had be! Adding a third into the mix now would be beyond foolish, both engines should be fun and ready for 2016 and the big features of the release should come from other aspects of the game. If 2016 is just a new skin and some match engine tweaks the fans will riot! 

Do you know what gets on my nerves? Bugs can be missed I understand that but why does every update "improve the match engine?" Surely it should be stable before release? If they released the game working day one they'd have a year to work on the next years game, but instead they spend half that time fixing the game they've already sold us. 

100% agree with Ashez here they need to finish one project (enhanced engine) 

Im hoping for a tactical overhaul big time

I want SLIDERS!! Yep thats what I want.

As for the 3D Match Engine it would be cool but only if it was smooth as a snake

I'd also love a tactical overhaul as well and it is needed. However that will bring issues, new tactical options will basically mean we'll need two new match engines (to reflect the tactical changes) which really puts me off the idea. I guess it's now or never with adding them though, may as we'll add them to an iffy engine and start again now compared to starting from scratch after making a perfect engine. 

Thats what I was thinking tbh get 100% what they want in there then see whats what from there but I suppose they would have tried that but we'll see I dont think they done too bad with the EE this year after the last update it goes pretty quick on very fast now but this should have been developed for one more year then released accross the board for FMH2016 imo 

A new 3d engine like the pes one will be less complex and will feature less tactical independence than what the enhanced 2d one can offer and it will come with its own set of bugs , the 3d engine on pc looks good but is rubbish and far worse than the 2d one. The old tablets and phones will not be able to run it smoothly(this could be solved with offering a 2d engine for them it will lead to si wasting their time on 2 engines) , so imo it will be best if si focuses on developing the enhanced engine further and developing other features for the game.

I am one of very few people who now enjoy the EE. Although I would like the ability to change to the OME during the save sometime. It's helps during tough games. I can see where I am being exploited.  

I would love a 3D match engine but I don't know if it's what the FMH series need. I would love to see 3D goal replays added an them work on other areas of the game such as tactics and new league or even just the same leagues but allow more of them so you can have level 11 in English and lower leauge in the other selected nation rather then just the top division.

Well actually I might be also one of the new specie who is a actually enjoying EE more than OE. I would love to see a 3D engine but maybe not next year but see them getting rid of some of the obvious bugs and definitely more tactical independence are a priority for me atleast right now...yeah more than a new league but a bigger database won't hurt though. Nice write up :)

My son finds FMH boring because he prefers the first person playable games (which I find boring because tactics dont play much or a role compared to being able to move your thumbs fast). Seems to me what makes FMH so good, is its manager related aspects including the ability to modify tactics etc. Wouldnt want to see it go down the path of FIFA etc. So 3-D is fairly irrelevant to me (although it might be nice to see 3-d replays of goals). By the way, Im playing EE exclusively now

I'd like to get more info during a match eg I am slowly coming to grips with the stats shown and ow they reflect the match but would like some more eg how many passes are going forward as opposed to sideways, passes in the final third etc. Perhaps stats per player (heatmaps maybe?, successful takeons in what area of the map etc). Help give more of an idea as to why a player doesnt appear to be getting many touches but game still is giving them an 8.

Id also like to see them fix up the scouting. At the moment i dont even bother with them anymore. In RL, scouts will often spend a year checking out a particular player. The game could reflect this by giving you new (or more accurate info) each time you scout them eg better reflect their injury proneness.

why does every update "improve the match engine?" 

The enhanced match engine is always in the process of evolution and even a very minor tweak elsewhere in game can have major effects on it that require rebalancing. It's an incredibly complex undertaking compared to previous engines, the level of granularity is incomparable.

I am not a fan for 3D pitch. 2D clasic view is my prefer option when I play FMC2015.

I enjoy EE in fmh2015,  I never played one match in OE. I can see the improvement SI did for EE.

I hope EE can be imoroved in FMM.