Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Aiming For Bigger Things

Kun Aguero

Aiming For Bigger Things

The recent summer transfer windows see the Premier League teams spending a record £870m. With this big amount of money spent by the 20 EPL clubs, most of the teams should aim more than just to escape relegation. There's a few teams, other than the Big 6 ( Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham ) that have the ability to achieve continental competition place. Some to list, are Crystal Palace, Southampton, Everton and Stoke City. I will do an analysis on how these teams can achieve bigger things with their new signings.

Team 1 - Crystal Palace

150px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png

Ranked 10th last season in the Premier League, Crystal Palace has grow fast and has become one of the clubs to watch this season. Crystal Palace is currently sitting 2nd in the league, having won 3 out of the 4 matches played, which included beating Chelsea 2-1 at Stamford Bridge last week. They had made some interesting transfers this season, which may help them in achieving bigger things, even continental qualification. 

Transfers In

Yohan Cabaye

P9Ql3XA.png

Crystal Palace broke their club transfer record in signing in former Newcastle and PSG midfielder Yohan Cabaye for a fee of 13 million this season. Cabaye has quick prove himself worth that fee by scoring in his debut in the 3-1 win against Norwich City. Without any doubt, Cabaye has to be their best transfer yet, he's a well-developed midfielder which has been proved in his time with Newcastle. He will definitely be an important part for the Crystal Palace squad in achieving bigger things.

Bakary Sako

Hx1koGX.png

Another good transfer made by Crystal Palace this summer, is Bakary Sako. Bakary Sako has to be the buy of the transfer window on a free. Having already scored 2 goals for Crystal Palace, including a goal against Chelsea, the 26 years old attacking midfielder had make an instant impact for the team. He's really a good player during his time in Wolverhampton Wanderers, especially last season, where he was listed in the Championship Team of the Year, as well as being the club's joint top scorer. His partnership with Wilfried Zaha will be a pair to watch in the season.

Other Signings

Connor Wickham

LL5YNhn.png

Alex McCarthy

Uu1EQEl.png

Patrick Bamford

ZKcEQju.png

Key Players 

Besides the new signings, Crystal Palace also has some good players in the squad. Among those are Yannich Bolasie and Wilfried Zaha which has the ability to help Crystal Palace to achieve bigger things

Yannick Bolasie

6Wrz5Tp.png

One of the best players in the Crystal Palace squad, Bolasie is also a great player in the game. He's the first ever Crystal Palace to score a hat-trick in Premier League, which he only used 11 minutes to do that. 

Wilfried Zaha

wYIUqIy.png

The next player is no other but Wilfried Zaha. The former Manchester United wonderkid who had been seen as the next big thing of England, but it end up with him returning to Crystal Palace after playing just 2 games for Manchester United under David Moyes. He is a player with a lot of potential in him, and has scored 2 goals for Crystal Palace so far. He's definitely an important part of the Crystal Palace squad in achieving bigger things.

How Do They Line Up?

zuqpCfl.jpg

Here's the formation they used against Chelsea, and its quite a balanced one. They may use the same lineup against Manchester City next week, and this can be their regular lineup for the remaining season.

The Manager

_69627639_pardew_reuters.jpg

The most important man behind their way to achieve big things, is definitely their manager, Alan Pardew. He's really a tactical-minded manager, which may be the key part for their way of success. He's also one of the managers who succeed to won 3 times against Mourinho, which very few had done this before.

Conclusion 

Crystal Palace is inevitably one of the teams to watch, besides the Big 6. Their squad is very balanced, with experienced players and young players as well. Let's just wait and see what can this team achieve.

Prediction : 6th

Thanks for reading, and please leave a comment. 

Next Team : Stoke City

Edited by Kun Aguero

Very enjoyable read mate, I tried to play as Palace this year but they'll be even better on 2016! It could do with slightly more FMH information though, one example would be to use the role names instead of the position in the formation. 

I've always had a soft spot for Stoke so really looking forward to part two. 

Very enjoyable read mate, I tried to play as Palace this year but they'll be even better on 2016! It could do with slightly more FMH information though, one example would be to use the role names instead of the position in the formation. 

I've always had a soft spot for Stoke so really looking forward to part two. 

Thanks for the suggestion, will implement it in the Part 2. Great to hear that you are looking forward to Part 2, it will definitely be written based on Shaqiri. 

No worries, turning real life based articles into FMH related ones can be challenging but after time you soon get used to it. It is hard at this time of year due to not having a game to work from but we've got to make do lol. 

I've always found Stoke an entertaining save and I normally have one with them every year. I haven't as yet on 2015 but I'm somewhat debating about waiting until 2016 now lol. Anyway I'll hopefully took about Stoke more on section two's release :). 

Was just about to do something like this but you beat me to it! Doubt we have what it takes to come 6th though. Can definitely think of more than six teams that are better than us in the league and we still only have a couple of proven strikers now that Murray's gone to Bournemouth. Still reckon our defence needs a bit of work as well. As much as I love Delaney, he's only getting older and I doubt someone like Mariappa or Friers are good enough to start in the league. The post on Stoke should be great, they've made some fantastic signings, looking forward to it!

Was just about to do something like this but you beat me to it! Doubt we have what it takes to come 6th though. Can definitely think of more than six teams that are better than us in the league and we still only have a couple of proven strikers now that Murray's gone to Bournemouth. Still reckon our defence needs a bit of work as well. As much as I love Delaney, he's only getting older and I doubt someone like Mariappa or Friers are good enough to start in the league. The post on Stoke should be great, they've made some fantastic signings, looking forward to it!

I'm not too clear about Crystal Palace squad, but thanks for sharing the information. I know 6th is a risky prediction but I have a strong feeling that they are going to beat Tottenham or Liverpool for that place ( no offence, Tottenham and Liverpool fans )

220px-Stoke_City_FC.svg.png

Team 2 - Stoke City

Stoke City, nicknamed "The Potters" ranked 9th last season, one place higher than Crystal Palace. They have made some interesting signing these summer too, the name Shaqiri rings. Besides Shaqiri, they had also signed a few interesting names, which are also former Champions League winner. With that squad, they must not just aim for mid-table standing, I think they should at least aim for Europa League spot. Let's move on to see who did they sign this summer, and who they had in their squad which has enough potential for them to achieve big things.

Transfers In

Xherdan Shaqiri

J5wnvZs.png

The first to be listed here is none other than Xherdan Shaqiri. Nicknamed " Alps Messi ", his future is so bright in Bayern before Gotze came in, and he lost his first team place. After a disappointed season in Inter, he end up joining Stoke for a quite cheap 12 million price. He's indeed one of the best wingers in the game in recent years, and quite a quality winger in real life. His arrival to Stoke City will bring more pace and creativity for the team.

Ibrahim Affelay

vGlmTox.png

Another former Champions League winner, Ibrahim Affelay signed for Stoke from Barcelona for free. He's been seen as a player with great potential when he signed for Barcelona 4 years ago, but it all went wrong after the signing. He end up signing for Stoke this summer for free. He may be a flop for Barcelona, but he's indeed a suitable player for mid-table Stoke. His partnership with fellow ex-Barcelona teammate, Bojan will be a pair to watch this season.

Other Signings

YTYOsvQ.png

A quality striker, which can be a good backup for Bojan and Diouf.

IxE3XHW.png

Another quality signing, on loan from Chelsea. A quality player, and he will definitely be an important part for the Stoke squad this season.

19macwb.png

A Liverpool flop, Glen Johnson arrived for free, and will fit into Stoke starting XI quickly.

Key Players

Bojan

rPvUllH.png

One of the FMH wonderkids a few years ago, Bojan signed for Stoke City last season and scored 4 goals for them last season. Although that number is not a good one, but he's still an important part for Stoke City and this may continue for the few years. Stoke City has signed a number of tiki-taka type of players this few years, and Bojan is indeed one of the best one in their rank. 

Mame Diouf

jJr5uug.png

Mame Diouf, one of the best players in Stoke City. A beast-like player, with a good aerial skills. Many few knew that this striker is once a Manchester United player for three seasons, and scored 1 goal in 5 games for them. Stoke City top scorer last season, he's really a promising striker, the player who ruined Gerrard's last game for Liverpool, scoring 2 goals in the 6-1 win. His partnership with Bojan, with one tactical and one aggressive, will be the main attacking lineup for the season.

Marc Muniesa

NjiS6JP.png

Here's another former Barcelona player, Stoke City just like to buy Barcelona players. Marc Muniesa is the main man in Stoke's defence and with the age of 23, he's really one of the best player for Stoke, a reliable defender.

How Will They Lineup?

S8zGH21.png

Here's how I think the best lineup for Stoke City, with two strikers up front, and their best midfielders line, with Charlie Adam playing in the centre. Begovic will not be the one standing in front of their goal this season after his move to Chelsea, but they still have Butland, another good goalkeeper, and also one of the best young English goalkeeper.

The Manager 

mark-hughes.jpg

The manager for Stoke City is Mark Hughes, and yet another man who has some relationship with Barcelona. Having spent 2 years with them. He's a tactical-minded manager, who is attempting to turn Stoke City into a Tiki-Take playing style team. 

Conclusion

Stoke City have the players needed for achieving bigger things, but they don't seems like ready for that, ranked 18th in the league currently, and fail to win in the 4 matches played. With their poor form right now, I don't think they will ranked any higher than last season.

Prediction : 9th

Thanks for reading, and please leave a comment.

Next Team : West Ham