Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

48 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

I picked up mine yesterday (due to being in Australia) and got Zelda and Bomberman. Zelda is a work of art and Bomberman looks good as a multiplayer alternative to 1-2 Switch

I'm in love with Zelda already, haven't put much time into it yet though. 

Bomberman somewhat tempted me but not enough to bite. Loved it on the SNES and played it all the time but wouldn't have anyone to play it with haha. I think i'll likely get those two when they cheap sometime in the future. Spending £60 on a Pro controller and £90 on Zelda meant no extra games for me at launch haha. I did get close to importing The Binding Of Issac though for next week as that's not been announced in Europe physically as yet. I did have one eye on Snipperclips as it looked really fun but wasn't as cool as I hoped and the missus wasn't interested. The demo is worth a look if you're after multiplayer games though. 

Think I did well not getting anything else as Zelda just seems massive! And beautiful. At the start when you first walk out the shrine to that cliff and just seen Hyrule, I was geeking the hell out! Just wow! 

42 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I'm in love with Zelda already, haven't put much time into it yet though. 

Bomberman somewhat tempted me but not enough to bite. Loved it on the SNES and played it all the time but wouldn't have anyone to play it with haha. I think i'll likely get those two when they cheap sometime in the future. Spending £60 on a Pro controller and £90 on Zelda meant no extra games for me at launch haha. I did get close to importing The Binding Of Issac though for next week as that's not been announced in Europe physically as yet. I did have one eye on Snipperclips as it looked really fun but wasn't as cool as I hoped and the missus wasn't interested. The demo is worth a look if you're after multiplayer games though. 

Think I did well not getting anything else as Zelda just seems massive! And beautiful. At the start when you first walk out the shrine to that cliff and just seen Hyrule, I was geeking the hell out! Just wow! 

I'm waiting for Binding of Isaac to be release digitally so I can just download it instead of waiting for the cartridge because Australia shares the same region as Europe now when it comes to Nintendo. I've been playing for about 7 hours on Zelda and am not that far in. Did you see the score on metacritic? Even though the switch has been complained about it still has a fantastic game

1 hour ago, Real_Random said:

I'm waiting for Binding of Isaac to be release digitally so I can just download it instead of waiting for the cartridge because Australia shares the same region as Europe now when it comes to Nintendo. I've been playing for about 7 hours on Zelda and am not that far in. Did you see the score on metacritic? Even though the switch has been complained about it still has a fantastic game

I like physical games so hoping to get Issac in that form, to import it to the UK from the US is around £40 which I assume that's what it would cost if released here physically anyway. I'll wait a little bit and see if it gets announced for here. 

I glanced at the reviews but I wanted to go in pretty blind so I avoided most info tbf. The Switch isn't perfect but for what it is I'm happy with it, does what I want it to and Zelda is fantastic. When I know Mario, Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, Smash, likely more Zelda, hopefully Pokemon, hopefully 2 Mario Karts (8+9 at some point) and various other games are coming it's going to be an awesome system and miles better than the WiiU. 

My favourite system is the 3DS by far as it's library is amazing when you factor in 3DS, DS, Indi and VC games and with what the Switch already has lined up it could rival it. I'm slightly worried they're going all out for first year or so and what will come in year two and three tbf but I'm excited for the next year :D. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I like physical games so hoping to get Issac in that form, to import it to the UK from the US is around £40 which I assume that's what it would cost if released here physically anyway. I'll wait a little bit and see if it gets announced for here. 

I glanced at the reviews but I wanted to go in pretty blind so I avoided most info tbf. The Switch isn't perfect but for what it is I'm happy with it, does what I want it to and Zelda is fantastic. When I know Mario, Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, Smash, likely more Zelda, hopefully Pokemon, hopefully 2 Mario Karts (8+9 at some point) and various other games are coming it's going to be an awesome system and miles better than the WiiU. 

My favourite system is the 3DS by far as it's library is amazing when you factor in 3DS, DS, Indi and VC games and with what the Switch already has lined up it could rival it. I'm slightly worried they're going all out for first year or so and what will come in year two and three tbf but I'm excited for the next year :D. 

I agree with your point about the 3ds as having a great library but I always wished it could play games on the Wii u (similar to what the ds did with Pokemon battle revolution) for me the Switch is great and the list of rumoured is amazing

8 hours ago, Real_Random said:

I agree with your point about the 3ds as having a great library but I always wished it could play games on the Wii u (similar to what the ds did with Pokemon battle revolution) for me the Switch is great and the list of rumoured is amazing

Switch is ideal for you then :). I've just set up a Japanese account and downloading the Dragon Quest and Tetris or I hope they're demo's haha, I can't read Japanese :P. Gunna make a US one at some point but need to borrow a email address as ran out of my own haha

7 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Switch is ideal for you then :). I've just set up a Japanese account and downloading the Dragon Quest and Tetris or I hope they're demo's haha, I can't read Japanese :P. Gunna make a US one at some point but need to borrow a email address as ran out of my own haha

Taking full advantage of no region lock :D. Good luck teaching yourself Japanese. Tetris comes out on 28 April (Same day as Mario Kart) so not much longer if you want it physical. 

31 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Taking full advantage of no region lock :D. Good luck teaching yourself Japanese. Tetris comes out on 28 April (Same day as Mario Kart) so not much longer if you want it physical. 

Only going to use alt accounts for demos, can't see myself buying a game i can't read lol. Never played this Tetris series before so wanted to look at the demo, not sure it's something I'd buy but very fun actually! Hoping the US and UK releases won't be as different anymore due to no region lock but it's a cool option to have :). Dragon Quest Heroes was okay but not a style of game I enjoy,  it's a tad too mindless. I finish Hyrule Warriors but it was a massive grind lol. 

Undecided on MK8D, I have it on WiiU and it's my most played game on the system so I'm struggling to justify buying a port of it. Portable MK8 is pretty tempting though! It's something I'd like to get cheap but Nintendo first party games never go on sale lol. 

45 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Only going to use alt accounts for demos, can't see myself buying a game i can't read lol. Never played this Tetris series before so wanted to look at the demo, not sure it's something I'd buy but very fun actually! Hoping the US and UK releases won't be as different anymore due to no region lock but it's a cool option to have :). Dragon Quest Heroes was okay but not a style of game I enjoy,  it's a tad too mindless. I finish Hyrule Warriors but it was a massive grind lol. 

Undecided on MK8D, I have it on WiiU and it's my most played game on the system so I'm struggling to justify buying a port of it. Portable MK8 is pretty tempting though! It's something I'd like to get cheap but Nintendo first party games never go on sale lol. 

Don't forget MK8D has new characters and battle mode which I missed after it wasn't included in MK8 so I'm still going to get it because I had a Wii U but Eb Games offered me $170 (I had only payed $200 for a preowned one) off my switch if I traded it in and my Wii u  games ended up paying for my switch and Zelda. Plus with the Wii U officially dead why would I keep it? It seemed like a great deal and I'm happy I took it

Don't forget MK8D has new characters and battle mode which I missed after it wasn't included in MK8 so I'm still going to get it because I had a Wii U but Eb Games offered me $170 (I had only payed $200 for a preowned one) off my switch if I traded it in and my Wii u  games ended up paying for my switch and Zelda. Plus with the Wii U officially dead why would I keep it? It seemed like a great deal and I'm happy I took it

Battle mode just isn't worth £40 to me haha, if we had new tracks I'd be all over it though. It's one I'll likely get but in no rush as it stands. 

I never trade in my old systems, I have my SNES, Wii (for GameCube as lost orginal GC + it's hacked), WiiU (for Wii+WiiU) and now the switch all hooked up. N64 was out but I put it away to make room for Switch. 

The WiiU was a massive flop and I'm not too fond of the system but it has alot of game's I really enjoy. I'll continue to use my WiiU for U games I never got around to or as a Wii. I've started picking up GameCube games again too and starting to rebuild the collection I traded in as a kid. At the time I was happy to trade stuff in for new games/systems but now I massively regret it. WiiU flopped so hard it'll be expensive some day IMO, only sold 4m units across Europe which is just awful so games and system likely cost alot to replace sometime down the line. 

I was tempted to trade in my old 3ds Xl as I have a "new" one now but I'd rather have a back up system for my favourite console. I still have my DS lite, original GBA and SP on my shelf lol. I'm always happy to return to old systems and games I missed at the time. I never really got into the Wii at the time but picked up and played loads in last few years. 

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

Battle mode just isn't worth £40 to me haha, if we had new tracks I'd be all over it though. It's one I'll likely get but in no rush as it stands. 

I never trade in my old systems, I have my SNES, Wii (for GameCube as lost orginal GC + it's hacked), WiiU (for Wii+WiiU) and now the switch all hooked up. N64 was out but I put it away to make room for Switch. 

The WiiU was a massive flop and I'm not too fond of the system but it has alot of game's I really enjoy. I'll continue to use my WiiU for U games I never got around to or as a Wii. I've started picking up GameCube games again too and starting to rebuild the collection I traded in as a kid. At the time I was happy to trade stuff in for new games/systems but now I massively regret it. WiiU flopped so hard it'll be expensive some day IMO, only sold 4m units across Europe which is just awful so games and system likely cost alot to replace sometime down the line. 

I was tempted to trade in my old 3ds Xl as I have a "new" one now but I'd rather have a back up system for my favourite console. I still have my DS lite, original GBA and SP on my shelf lol. I'm always happy to return to old systems and games I missed at the time. I never really got into the Wii at the time but picked up and played loads in last few years. 

I totally agree that keeping old consoles is great especially when you consider all the virtual console games you don't have to buy. I still have my original 3ds but my question for you is with backwards compatibility do you still need all those consoles?

9 hours ago, Real_Random said:

I totally agree that keeping old consoles is great especially when you consider all the virtual console games you don't have to buy. I still have my original 3ds but my question for you is with backwards compatibility do you still need all those consoles?

I think you do as there is something special about playing a game on it's original hardware. Then as I'm not the biggest fan of digital game's most my collection is physical.

Wii - Only out for GameCube games as I don't have one and it's a small system so easy to keep out. If i had a GC+GBA player I'd have a GC out though haha.

WiiU - Still playing it and I use it as a Wii and WiiU. 

Switch - Physically not BWC. 

GBA - Not used often as no backlight and batteries suck but it's a comfy system to hold. 

SP - Best game boy as backlit, chargeable and I just love the SP. really want a Micro though haha. 

DS Lite - Sadly doesn't work anymore, if it did it would see use for GBA games I think. It's one I often think about replacing tbf. 

3DS XL - Purely a back up system

New 3Ds XL - Used for playing all DS and 3DS games and digital games. 

I'd say I use them all pretty often except the GBA's and that's mainly because I rarely buy GBA games physically as all the fakes out there. GBA VC is something I could really get behind but it being WiiU only currently sucks. If the 3DS could play GBA games it would hands down be best system ever as it could play a stupid amount of games. 

Bought it Switch and Zelda in launch day. It wasn't planned, I wanted to buy later but thank God I have a awesome girlfriend. I'm not even a Zelda fan and I'm loving the game so far. I'll drop my friend code later at night.

3 hours ago, zaangie said:

Bought it Switch and Zelda in launch day. It wasn't planned, I wanted to buy later but thank God I have a awesome girlfriend. I'm not even a Zelda fan and I'm loving the game so far. I'll drop my friend code later at night.

I never used to be a Zelda fan tbf, when I was younger i hated it even. Last few years though I've really fell in love with the series :). In the last few years I've played 

A Link To The Past

A Link Between Worlds

Ocarina of Time 3D

Majora's Mask 3D

Triforce Heroes

Wind Waker HD

Twilight Princess HD

Skyword Sword

So the remakes really brought the series to life for me. Played some of Link's Awakening but didn't enjoy it, just a little too dated control wise and it just annoyed me lol. 

BOTW is just so open, went on it last night and just spent ages exploring and wondering around, hardly touched the story yet haha. Need to try and progress that tonight :). 

Yeah I'll post my friend code when I'm next on it :). 

Although I won't be buying it myself, I really have my fingers crossed that the Switch is successful for Nintendo - I'll never forget the hours of fun Nintendo has provided me as a child, teenager and even as a young adult. Heard a lot of good thus far!

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

I never used to be a Zelda fan tbf, when I was younger i hated it even. Last few years though I've really fell in love with the series :). In the last few years I've played 

A Link To The Past

A Link Between Worlds

Ocarina of Time 3D

Majora's Mask 3D

Triforce Heroes

Wind Waker HD

Twilight Princess HD

Skyword Sword

So the remakes really brought the series to life for me. Played some of Link's Awakening but didn't enjoy it, just a little too dated control wise and it just annoyed me lol. 

BOTW is just so open, went on it last night and just spent ages exploring and wondering around, hardly touched the story yet haha. Need to try and progress that tonight :). 

I'm the same I was never a Zelda fan because I played the original but hated it. I then played A Link Between Worlds but never finished it due to one puzzle that seemed broken to me (I even followed a walkthrough and found out I was doing it right but still couldn't finish it) so when BOTW was announced as the main launch title I was skeptical but I've enjoyed it so much it's making me rethink my dislike of Zelda

15 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

I'm the same I was never a Zelda fan because I played the original but hated it. I then played A Link Between Worlds but never finished it due to one puzzle that seemed broken to me (I even followed a walkthrough and found out I was doing it right but still couldn't finish it) so when BOTW was announced as the main launch title I was skeptical but I've enjoyed it so much it's making me rethink my dislike of Zelda

Found that rather straight forward I think, I don't remember any trouble with it anyway lol. ALTTP was a lot tricker/frustrating at times. Ice temple actually? That's just came to mind as rather annoying in ALBW's.

I had OOT on N64 as a kid but don't think I ever got much past the water temple. I know I never finished it anyway but I did manage to beat the 3DS remake, tbh not biggest fan of OOT. I was young and Zelda was a series my mum didn't like so i guess I just got stuck too often lol. Loved MM3D though, I loved the themes and setting a lot, IMO it's a better game than OOT and Majora/Skull kid are some my favourite characters now. 

Loved WW, wasn't fussed on SWS mainly due to the Wii controls and a lot of it was filler while TP was just decent. BOTW is just on a different level in terms of the world and what you can do though. WW was fun to explore but limited, BOTW is just so open. 

Generally I think I like 2D Zelda more as I really enjoyed ALTTP and ALBw's but BOTW could change that! Minish Cap has been on my backlog for a while but held off playing it due to BOTW's release and I've played so much Zelda in the last few years. 

Went on BOTW today with intention of doing some the story (in first village) and I just ended up climbing mountains, hunting, fishing and just generally messing around haha. Had to force myself back to the village to do that story part haha. Turned it off after doing everything in that village though so I made small progress :P

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

A Link To The Past

A Link Between Worlds

Ocarina of Time 3D

Majora's Mask 3D

Triforce Heroes

Wind Waker HD

Twilight Princess HD

Skyword Sword

I played A Link Between Worlds but never finished. I got bored somehow. But BOTW looks so much better, I'm loving it.

Here's my friend code: SW-1615-2154-4718

Add me anytime ;)

It was a tad easy but I loved the wall merging concept a lot, I thought it was really fun and was used in good ways. 

I'll add you tomorrow :), Switch name is Ash so you'll know it's me :). I'll also post my code, I forgot earlier haha. 

Just seen that on console haha. 

Went on Zelda again tonight with intention of exploring second village, two hours later and not entered the village as ended up shrine hunting lol. Been talking to a friend so I had to go explore all the things he found which I missed haha. Managed to do a few shrines, loads of cooking/gathering and found some seeds though. I will enter and explore the village tomorrow without fail lmao! 

3 hours ago, zaangie said:

I'm still in the plateau looking for the shrines. The map is so huge, I take ages to go from a shrine to the other xD

The map only gets bigger haha. 

How's everyone getting on?

I'm head over heels in love with Zelda, it's a masterpiece! 

I'm about 40 hours in and still not progressed the story much. When I got to the memories part I stopped and I'm collecting all of them before I progress (no spoilers please :)). I've got 3 memories left to find ATM, once I've got them I'll start the story back up. I've just been exploring, hunting, doing shrines and whatever else haha. 

I got my second last tower just before turning it off and I have one left so I'm assuming two of my remaining memories are in these areas (I know where third is, just putting off getting it atm). 

Shrine wise I've managed to beat 55ish top my head, basically done all the ones I've found apart from some of the special ones I'm too underpowered for ATM. I just love the shrines, challenging enough to be rewarding yet easy enough that never frustrating, just the ideal blend. I really can't wait to get to the actual dungeons at this point. Not had as much luck with the seeds though as only found about 15 of those :/. 

There no chance I'll 100% this game as not my style but I'm lovin every second I'm playing ATM. I burn out of games pretty often, especially after 30 odd hours but all I wanna do is play Zelda haha, when I'm not playing it I'm usually thinking about playing it! Like I've said before I'm not the biggest Zelda fan, but this game has blown me away and I have so much more left to do :D. 

12 hours ago, Ashez said:

How's everyone getting on?

I'm head over heels in love with Zelda, it's a masterpiece! 

I'm about 40 hours in and still not progressed the story much. When I got to the memories part I stopped and I'm collecting all of them before I progress (no spoilers please :)). I've got 3 memories left to find ATM, once I've got them I'll start the story back up. I've just been exploring, hunting, doing shrines and whatever else haha. 

I got my second last tower just before turning it off and I have one left so I'm assuming two of my remaining memories are in these areas (I know where third is, just putting off getting it atm). 

Shrine wise I've managed to beat 55ish top my head, basically done all the ones I've found apart from some of the special ones I'm too underpowered for ATM. I just love the shrines, challenging enough to be rewarding yet easy enough that never frustrating, just the ideal blend. I really can't wait to get to the actual dungeons at this point. Not had as much luck with the seeds though as only found about 15 of those :/. 

There no chance I'll 100% this game as not my style but I'm lovin every second I'm playing ATM. I burn out of games pretty often, especially after 30 odd hours but all I wanna do is play Zelda haha, when I'm not playing it I'm usually thinking about playing it! Like I've said before I'm not the biggest Zelda fan, but this game has blown me away and I have so much more left to do :D. 

I know what you mean, I have finished the main quest and might go back for the memories now. Shrine wise I'm really bad and only have done 20 (including the plateau ones). Zelda in my opinion should be given GOTY now because it is perfect imo. How many dungeons have you done? 

On 3/6/2017 at 05:13, zaangie said:

I played A Link Between Worlds but never finished. I got bored somehow. But BOTW looks so much better, I'm loving it.

Here's my friend code: SW-1615-2154-4718

Add me anytime ;)

I'm a bit late to this topic but I highly suggest playing Link's Awakening for the Gameboy. Ah, there's also The Minish Cap for the GBA as well.

I have a 3DS too! Enjoyed A Link Between Worlds quite a bit; I like the idea of an updated Link to the Past, which was a great game btw.

Other than that, I mainly play Monster Hunter. 

4 hours ago, Real_Random said:

I know what you mean, I have finished the main quest and might go back for the memories now. Shrine wise I'm really bad and only have done 20 (including the plateau ones). Zelda in my opinion should be given GOTY now because it is perfect imo. How many dungeons have you done? 

Must have been done with pretty low hearts/stamina then, impressive! I might try a quicker run somewhere down the line but in no rush on this play through. I wouldn't say perfect but it's bloody close lol, hopefully it's not forgotten about come GOTY time. It's easily my favourite Zelda so by default on my list of favourites of all time :). Been a great few months for Nintendo gaming as Pokemon Sun/Moon, Dragon Quest 8 and now Zelda have all been outstanding games. 

No dungeons yet at all, hardly even entered the villages even as yet haha. Started exploring Eldin last night so just met the Gorons, I have the area to the right to explore then I'll get the three remaining memories. Once the memories are done I'm just going to focus on the story again and breeze through the rest of the game. Not going for 100% shrines or anything, just wanted to explore all the map before moving on with the story which is almost done. 

4 hours ago, zerose said:

I'm a bit late to this topic but I highly suggest playing Link's Awakening for the Gameboy. Ah, there's also The Minish Cap for the GBA as well.

I have a 3DS too! Enjoyed A Link Between Worlds quite a bit; I like the idea of an updated Link to the Past, which was a great game btw.

Other than that, I mainly play Monster Hunter. 

Didn't enjoy Link's Awakening tbh, really want to try Minish Cap though. I have it on WiiU VC but held off on playing it, I will when Switch VC opens up hopefully. 

ALBW and a ALTTP are fantastic games. 

Monster Hunter is a funny one, I love everything about it but I just can't get into the game at all. Tried a few times on various versions but just doesn't click with me. I remember having the demo on DMC1 IIRC and it was awesome, but just a series i can't get into. 

9 hours ago, Ashez said:

Must have been done with pretty low hearts/stamina then, impressive! I might try a quicker run somewhere down the line but in no rush on this play through. I wouldn't say perfect but it's bloody close lol, hopefully it's not forgotten about come GOTY time. It's easily my favourite Zelda so by default on my list of favourites of all time :). Been a great few months for Nintendo gaming as Pokemon Sun/Moon, Dragon Quest 8 and now Zelda have all been outstanding games. 

No dungeons yet at all, hardly even entered the villages even as yet haha. Started exploring Eldin last night so just met the Gorons, I have the area to the right to explore then I'll get the three remaining memories. Once the memories are done I'm just going to focus on the story again and breeze through the rest of the game. Not going for 100% shrines or anything, just wanted to explore all the map before moving on with the story which is almost done. 

Didn't enjoy Link's Awakening tbh, really want to try Minish Cap though. I have it on WiiU VC but held off on playing it, I will when Switch VC opens up hopefully. 

ALBW and a ALTTP are fantastic games. 

Monster Hunter is a funny one, I love everything about it but I just can't get into the game at all. Tried a few times on various versions but just doesn't click with me. I remember having the demo on DMC1 IIRC and it was awesome, but just a series i can't get into. 

I wouldn't say low hearts, I had 13 of them, I just have a lot of time to play. I have played the game for 45 hours and I must admit I found the dungeons and boss a bit easy compared to some of the shrines. Btw I sent you a friend request I'm RealRandom. 

I wouldn't say low hearts, I had 13 of them, I just have a lot of time to play. I have played the game for 45 hours and I must admit I found the dungeons and boss a bit easy compared to some of the shrines. Btw I sent you a friend request I'm RealRandom. 

I've got all the memories now so I'm going to head towards the story/dungeons in the coming days. Tbf I was worried playing the way I have could kill the dungeons for me as I could be OP, however i know I'd likely not explore the game as much if I completed it first etc. When I beat a game I like to move on, too many to play to hang around. 

I managed to work out that was you haha :P, it's been accepted btw. What's Bomberman like? Issac been confirmed as coming to Europe physically btw, so I assume you'll get it too. Some Russian site also listed the Batman Telltale series as coming to Switch physically which i hope is true as I really wanna try them, was close to getting it on brothers console but decided to wait and see if it came to Switch as other games in the series were largely rumoured for it.