Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-to-launch-two-new-switch-models-11553494773?shareToken=sta6e3cf4c3f1f458b9d9cb7a6a4e4a2be

Two new Switch consoles potentially announced at E3?

A get the need of a cheaper Switch with Pokemon coming which will appeal more to kids and to have multiple consoles in a household, I think this was always going to happen. If it's handheld only though doesn't that undermine the Switch? 

A Switch Pro was also kind of obvious but that's the one that worries me, more power is never a bad thing and if it means more games that's great but I don't want the library divided with Pro exclusives or to have to worry how things run on the original Switch. 

I freaking love the Switch but the console needs to stay as one format, we can't have a version exclusive games as the split development is what hindered the DS-WiiU generation. 

I did instantly upgrade my 3DS XL for the New 3DS XL and it was an improvement but the exclusive games bombed and I think there were only like 4/5 total. 

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

I see your point, but the more eyes and owners we have the more games we get IMO.

I'm completely on the fence as I even contradicted myself in that comment lol, I'm just not sure we need a Pro yet. If they're doing a light version it'll be out for Pokemon so this holiday, if the pro comes then as well where does that leave us? Especially the recent Switch buyers. 

The PS5 and XBOX W/e aren't far away so will Nintendo need a super switch pro in a few years? Or will they go for a switch 2? 

I'm just worried about the life span of these small upgrades

23 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

If there’s exclusives I’ll be pissed off I’ll tell you that now! 

With the 3DS and New 3DS everything runs better on the New 3DS but it has a handful of exclusives, top my head it had Xenoblade, Fire Emblem Warriors, Binding Of Isaac and the SNES VC. 

I don't think they'd be stupid enough to do exclusives but they will run better

@Rob Yoshi seems to have reviewed well from the two I've watched (NWR + Gamexplain), it appears to have a few issues but it looks solid enough. I still love the art style but I'm not convinced it's for me

Excellent I will try and watch a few when I get home. Problem is, I’ve recently downloaded Captain Toad and borrowed BOTW so it’s down my pecking order now.

The two I watched

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, Rob said:

so it’s down my pecking order now.

That's always my problem with Yoshi tbf. I get Wooly World release day but iirc I did t play it for weeks if not months. 

30 minutes ago, Rob said:

Not as bad problem for Nintendo to have, mind you!

My Switch wishlist is over 30 games as is and growing by the week 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

My Switch wishlist is over 30 games as is and growing by the week 😂😂😂

When’s the next update on what you are playing etc?

25 minutes ago, Rob said:

When’s the next update on what you are playing etc?

I do them monthly just to ensure I have something to say lol, I write them throughout the month so they're typically ready to post as needed. 

This update is a whopper btw! 8 odd games discussed!

23 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

1st of the month on the dot usually 😂

Cheeky! It might be late this time but we'll see. I'm near the end of a game you know I'm playing so I'll wait until I've beaten it. I should do it this week but you never know. 

Edited by Ashez

Looking forward to it.

I have just watched a seven minute preview of the VR kit. Loved it, which makes me about seven years old.

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Looking forward to it.

I have just watched a seven minute preview of the VR kit. Loved it, which makes me about seven years old.

That's what I like to hear :D, like I've said before I write them for myself and I just share them as why not so I'm glad others enjoy them. I found it a great tool to help me figure out my views on games while it also encourages me to play games. Since I've started writing about games I've really started clearing my back log! The only downside is it also makes me want to buy new games so I have relevant stuff to discuss, tbf I'm tight in general so that at least stops me bankrupting myself! 

Labo in general makes me fuzzy lmao, it's such a cool concept and I'd have loved it as a kid. I know it's not for me though so it's not something I've paid attention to, I've seen on Twitter the previous Labo kits have had their prices slashed in a few American retailers so maybe keep an eye out for similar sales here.

I've not paid much attention to the VR stuff though tbh, it's the most interesting set imo but it's not something I see myself buying. 

Just now, Rob said:

You still have to show us a photo of your gaming room... 👍

It's still a mess 😂 

I started sorting stuff for the attic a week or two back and I never got around to finishing it, then the nephew got in there and decided to play with everything, as he's two he didn't put stuff back lol. 

30 minutes ago, Rob said:

Ihave big expectations of this room. I’m only allowed a bit of space under the telly. 

Check you out! My console has to be hidden behind the telly 😆

38 minutes ago, Rob said:

Ihave big expectations of this room. I’m only allowed a bit of space under the telly. 

8 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Check you out! My console has to be hidden behind the telly 😆

Same, in front room the Switch is hidden and in the draw I have the controllers and a few games I'm playing or are good to have around. 

Big news!! 

I'm fucking buzzing like broken Christmas Tree lights as I've just beat Dead Cells for the first time :D. 54 runs, plenty of near misses but I've finally beaten that final boss and I'm actually ecstatic, absolutely wonderful game :D. 

There was a big update which I think made the game slightly easier but I don't care, it's job bloody done :D. Such a rewarding experience!

1 minute ago, Nucleus said:

Would never have done it without the significant change in difficulty in the update 😛

Tbf I stumbled into a God run, I got some awesome upgrade and weapon luck. Early on I wasn't feeling it as I started with a sword I really didn't like but I got a lucky drop and from there I felt comfortable. 

I could get to the final boss consistently but I just couldn't beat him lol. 

Just now, Ashez said:

Free Nintendo Online with Amazon Prime. 

https://twitch.amazon.com/prime/loot/nintendo/

If you have Amazon Prime, set up the Twitch part if you haven't (I hadn't) and you get a 3 month pass, after 60 days of having Prime you can claim 9 months more. I have Prime anyway so this is mint tbf. 

@Nucleus @Rob

Sweet, I’ve had prime for way more than 60 days so this is pretty cool 😁

17 minutes ago, Nucleus said:

Sweet, I’ve had prime for way more than 60 days so this is pretty cool 😁

It's still have Prime 60 days from sign up but I'm not getting rid of it lol, it's just remembering to activate it in 60 days. 

The catch 

Automatically sets up an auto renewal after the 90 day pass, cancel that instantly. Then on May 27th claim the free 9 month Amazon pass. If you don't cancel the automatic you'll have two services if that makes sense, so they're hoping you forget. @Nucleus

Edited by Ashez

Out of interest guys, what do you like about Nintendo. I never have, I love football Games, shooters and the odd time-killer so why do you like it. It’s geniunely fascinating from a neutral perspective how you guys love it so. That said, it’s probably even more fascinating for someone neutral to just go on Vibe and look at the VPL’s Week 7 ( @samhardy what a write up by the way).

6 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

what do you like about Nintendo

The magic, Nintendo games are like Pixar films lol. You know what you're getting and they're typically always good. They reinvent the wheel, offer new experiences and are always pushing gaming as they always have. Hell video games only still exist due to Nintendo in many ways. 

7 minutes ago, Gunners Rishi said:

love football Games, shooters

This was me during the PS2 early PS3 era and tbh I just got tired of the similar games and up and down quality. I remember buying games for those systems and them never being as good as I hoped. 

Wow you're brave tagging @samhardy in this thread 😮